[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I mean between two african groups, not colonial wars. Any interesting stories?
Share please
>>
>>61550245
Do you like paratroopers?
>>
>>61550245
it's like if larpers and militia mutts actually engaged in fighting: lots of retardation
>>
>>61550245
Somebody post the quote about the AK rear sights during the bush war
>>
File: IMG_3095.jpg (85 KB, 559x687)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>61550245
You see all sorts of fun and interesting weapons pop up.
>>
File: 1713370598483817.png (749 KB, 1024x1012)
749 KB
749 KB PNG
>>61550245
Picrel
>>
Just watch first 3 minutes of this combat footage of Mali troops.
It's like watching fat middle school airsofters but with actual guns.

https://youtu.be/maQddGL2Hz0?si=pClZkYuYm0ApblfF
>>
File: kabarebe blitz.jpg (781 KB, 1280x4079)
781 KB
781 KB JPG
>>61550245
On one hand, extreme retardation
On the other, picrel
>>
>>61550245
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_African_Republic_Civil_War
Note there is an Atrocities section, this is what African wars are like.
>>
>>61550976
And machetes. Lots of machetes. All the machetes.
>>
File: 16n2africa.jpg (225 KB, 1140x797)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
Extremely kino in the interior because you get to see M3s, pre-WWII bolt actions, hand crafted musketoons, swords, and bows all still in action together.
>>
File: 39320737_605.jpg (116 KB, 1199x674)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>61551176
The aesthetics are unmatched
>>
For me, it's the Tanzania-Uganda War.
Literally nobody expected Tanzania to fight as well as they did. Both the west and the east were supporting Idi Amin and were completely flabbergasted when Uganda got curbstomped so hard that he got deposed as a result. Not even a Libyan expeditionary force and eastern bloc """observers""" could save them. Even more humiliating was that Tanzania was equipped almost entirely with chinkshit.
>>
>>61550245
Two types of cool things happen.
The first type is airborne offensives. Paratroopers are cheap (you need some braver than average foot sloggers, seventh hand DC-3s or Antonov An-12s, and you're good to go), and are therefore the perfect propaganda weapon for African countries. Developed nations have their own fighter planes or tanks, their own aircraft carriers, but Tanzania or Gabon can have their paratroopers. Each semi-competent (by African standards) military therefore has a record of daring parachute/airmobile raids that are fascinating to read about.

The second type of cool thing that happens is the stuff non-Africans do. /k/'s already quite knowledgeable about Rhodesians and South Africans, but you get lots of other fascinating operations that had been going on: the Cubans organising a mechanized airborne raid in Ethiopia with BMD-1s, French bombing the Chadians and Libyans with beer bottles thrown from Skyraiders, the Soviets (or were they Russians already?) helping Americans caught in an ambush in Somalia with their old ass T-54s, Israel raiding the Entebbe airport in Uganda and flying back home before the local dictator reacts, Belarusians bombing French forces in Côte d'Ivoire (or in the Central African republic, I'm not sure), East Germany having its secret Afrika Korps in Angola and Mozambique, Ukrainian and Russian mercs dogfighting each other in Su-27s and MiG-29s for Ethiopia and Eritrea...

So, if you want to read about cool African warfare facts, look for anything involving paratroopers or White people.
>>
>>
>>61550727
Guy at 4:55 firing his weapon without looking
>>
>>61550245
I like the part where Congo was almost run over by communist witch doctors in the 60's because the ANC would just run away when the simbas arrived until the president hired people who didn't believe pagan rituals made their enemies invincible (euros). He's still a controversial figure among post-colonial scholars for this decision (he did a hecking race treachery)
>>
>>61550245
My uncle did UN missions in Liberia. He told me that they were worse than kids when it came to soldiering. He has worked with actual illiterate tribes in our country but the Africans' sheer incompetence was something he had never seen before. The worst part was probably their timing, they never showed up on time
>>
>>61550346
Literal orc logic lmao
>>
>>61552440
that's offensive to the orks
>>
>>61552342
He understood the reality of his situation
>we are not Europeans or westerners. We are bantus, democracy can be applied, but not to the letter like in the West. Respect given to a chief is sacred".
a lot of Africa would be better off under the role of dictators regardless of how insane they may or may not have been
>>
File: cc.jpg (66 KB, 700x438)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>61550245
Arican wars are fascinating to me for some reason and then theres the Ethiopian Eritrean wars that aren't talked about enough. Eritrea being a little north Korea is hilarious. You have two armies that have well reserved stocks, mountainous warfare, desert warfare, trench assaults, arty duels, and Russian mercenaries flying for the Ethiopians.
>>
>>61552761
Iranian state media(which could have a thread on its own) did a propaganda documentary about them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQJVMpFRKxg
>>
>>61550346
jfc
>>
Africa is cool.
>>
File: IMG_2823.jpg (83 KB, 739x959)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>61550245
Pic very related. Also fuck Papa Johnathan’s
>>
File: IMG_2826.jpg (123 KB, 555x713)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>61553335
>>
>>61550245
War ain't never stopped over there nigga, read a book. There's at least 10 conflicts going on right now
>>
>>61550976
Those serbs also didnt speak french and managed to airstrike some of the french mercenaries they were working with.
>>
File: 1711776145959861.png (114 KB, 256x256)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
https://youtu.be/ZRuSS0iiFyo?si=QkYTwvvk9PjSfrko

Posting this for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. And if you're like "huh wtf vice, that shit is trash!?" This is from when it was good (hard to believe but they had some really good docs at the beginning.
>>
They chuck spears at each other until the other side runs out of men. They then kill and eat the children and elderly and enslave the women.
>>
>>61550245
Read a book about the civil war in Sierra Leone recently. One group the government relied on (other than Executive Outcomes) to fight off the rebels were the Kamajors, which are traditional hunting secret societies in the country. They'd put on battle dress like this (which they would never wash, imagine the smell) with little pockets that would contain body parts of their enemies, like a nose or an ear (again, imagine the SMELL). These were like amulets, and they had all kinds of different amulets that had different powers. If you asked them if these magic charms actually worked, they'd say surprisingly sophisticated things in response, like how the U.S. military has all kinds of weapons and stealth aircraft, but can you really be certain that works?

Relatively few people actually died in combat, too. It was rare for one group to wipe out another one, because of the nature of the fighting. They'd just start blasting and throw enough lead and make enough noise to throw the other side back, and then the side which fell back would regroup and then come back, and it would go back and forth like a seesaw. Most deaths seemed to be civilians who'd get overrun and waylaid in usually brutal fashion, limbs hacked off, the eyeballs of little girls burned out with melted plastic. That would be battles between the locals. Executive Outcomes would just annihilate the rebels (one mercenary described it as not hunting... but culling) and the Kamajors helped them with tracking.

The other thing is the pure and absolute, unmediated corruption at every level, no real hypocrisy about it. Like the war seemed purely about control of gold mines, and everyone involved was in it to make some money. The Nigerian army came in with ECOWAS and would handle the guns the rebels were surrendering as part of a peace deal, but of course they'd just take the guns and sell them.
>>
>>61554322
>gold mines
Correction: diamond mines

That's also a story in itself. I learned a few things about diamonds. Depending on the cut of the diamond, it could be worth a lot, or barely worth anything. And everyone was scamming everyone else with these diamonds and trying to sell trash diamonds like they were really valuable. You'd want to be careful if you came into possession of good diamonds -- things could turn violent in a flash. There were all kinds of weird Western expats in the country involved in various schemes or messing around with child prostitutes. One of the more noble white guys there was an Executive Outcomes guy from South Africa who started up a fisheries patrol unit (with a single boat) that secured a contract with the government to chase off Chinese fishing vessels plundering the nation's fish. He'd be really aggressive and zip up to them and threaten them and told them to buzz off -- which was usually enough to

It seemed like the South Africans, Boers, were the most "African" of all the white people. They knew how to operate within an African system or method, that is, they were actually effective.
>>
File: shaka_zulu.jpg (314 KB, 744x1024)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>61550245
Absolutely fucking brutal, Causality numbers in pre European africa are not documented but from archeological evidence and oral history we can gleam that they were not high. Don't let this mislead you they were low because there wasn't many combatants compared to western and Eastern wars.
The wars themselves were absolutely brutal, ritual torture, cannibalism, rape (both of males and females) was commonplace. Living men of the losing tribe were taken as slaves, woman were taken as forced brides, and children were killed (sometimes eaten)
Wars broke out for all sorts of reasons, but raids for food, slaves, and brides seem to be the most common conflicts.
>>
File: 1645830854218.png (244 KB, 640x473)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>>61552761

For me its the Ogaden War.

Specifically the part where Somalia was about to capture Addis Ababa so Cuban paratroopers and 1,500 soviet "advisers" rapidly airbridged into the capital with only a few days notice and secured the situation. It was a genuinely daring operation and pretty much the only time in history the VDV has actually done something cool without get mulched.
>>
File: bp30.png (386 KB, 393x527)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>61554351
The end of these raids for slaves and food led to massive discontent in colonial Africa. The larger tribes wished to continue the practice, thats why manny smaller tribes sided with the "the great white chief" Cecil Rhodes.
When writing about the second Matabele war Baden Powell recounted:
>to a feeling of bitter resentment against the whites, because they, the Matabele, found that the one remedy for want which in the old days they had been wont to ply so readily—namely, the wholesale raiding of their weaker neighbours—was under the new régime denied them. Nowadays, not only was every such raid prevented or punished as unlawful, but even in their home life their liberties were interfered with, and trifling thefts of cattle from a neighbour’s herd, or the quiet putting away of a lazy slave or of a quarrelsome stepmother, were now treated as crimes by policemen of their own blood and colour, but creatures of the white man, strutting among them with as much consequence and power as any of the royal indunas.
>These things developed their hatred against the whites, and served as plausible reasons for their conduct when the chiefs came to be questioned later on in giving in their surrender.
>>
>>61554351

iirc the Bantus would hunt pigmys on safari like they were game.
>>
File: GKz1gIJWYAAOjjS.jpg (161 KB, 719x615)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
picture related
>>
>>61554418

Also I forgot to mention that ethiopia, cuba and the USSR fucked Siad Barre so hard Somalia still isn't a functional state.
>>
>>61550304
Post gun with timestamp
>>
>>61552258
the man filming is telling him to stop shooting because there is nothing in this direction
>>
>>61553335
>>61553342
kek
>>
>>61554446

>the moral of the story is don’t get negrified.
>>
If only you knew how silly things really are
>>
File: 1683893182104166.jpg (72 KB, 800x600)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>61552761
>You have two armies that have well reserved stocks, mountainous warfare, desert warfare, trench assaults, arty duels, and Russian mercenaries flying for the Ethiopians.
Eritrea put up a memorial for the war depicting a pair of sandals/flip flops. Reason being this was a crucial military gear that allowed them to gain the tactical advantage over the bare footed Ethiopian troops
>>
>>61554351
meat is cheap when you have year long summer/spring
>>
>>61560290
Holy based
>>
>>61560290
Fucking crocs. KEK. How is africa real.
>>
>>61560888
>crocs
no man those are huaraches, they're woven leather. pretty comfy around the house
>>
>>61551185
wtf i love black ppl now
>>
>>61563234
>French people ate each other during the Protestant Catholic wars.
There just few instances and they ate parts of already dead people while under months long sieges.

>Name one thing you said that is unique to Blacks.
Being all of the things you accuse others of in year 2024.
>>
>>61554418
It still fucks with me that Somalia used to be capable of invading neighbouring countries within living memory.
>>
>>61551185
>voodoo enchanted horned goat helmet +2 against 7.62 penetration
>>
>>61550245
Fucking dammit, I've tried several times to find the source, but I can't, so if any /k/ommando's know the details of the inter-tribal battle I'm about to relate, feel free:
>Be colonial era shaman-chieftan in a war against a prevailing alliance.
>Hold up with your people's carefully wrangled stores of guns and gunpowder in your best wood fort as the enemy battle force of thousands assembles to storm you out.
>Order your men that a vision has informed you that the only way to win the battle is to not fire any of the guns at the invading troops.
>Get stormed
>"Boys, remember all those barrels of gunpowder in the basement? It's been an honor, witness me."
>Everyone dies in the massive, wood-splintering gunpowder explosion.

>>61563824
Funny, I was just reading about an old invasion of Somalia into Ethiopia trying to find the source for my story. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian%E2%80%93Adal_War
>>
>>61564060
I remember that coming up in Chris Peers' "Armies of the Nineteenth Century: Africa -- East Africa". Or something very similar. It's got a lot of hilarity concerning the giant bubbafuck going on.
>White people repeatedly avoiding getting massacred by being able to prove they weren't Arabs or Belgians
>Germans sending an Irish gunrunner who used to be a missionary to fuck with the Belgians in the Congo, but he's running a side deal with Uganda AND England/France at the same time and almost causes a world war early
>Stanley is fucking retarded and everyone else hates him, not least because one of his expeditions managed to take 40% casualties without a single enemy contact because he thought bringing along "food" and "water" were for fags and Frenchmen
>Everyone scared shitless of the Masai and roving packs of Zulus that got kicked out a generation ago
>Tribes around Kilimanjaro literally grow a miles-deep forest of thorn bushes to protect their farmland from the Masai.
>Masai believe that all cattle on earth were given to them in the creation. Anyone who has cattle stole them from the Masai. Anyone who can manage to resist cattle raids is clearly Masai, but pussies.
>Multiple engagements with hours of shooting from a hundred yards and six casualties.
>Second engagement where one old man with a rifle kills four guys with four shots in a few minutes, and the invading army of several hundred men flees in a blind panic
>Oh Shit, Our Maxims Don't Work: A Love Story (Subtitle: "I wonder why it's only when our native askaris are being ordered to fire on muntinous troops and civilians?")
>Don't Go Into The Tall Grass Alone: A Lesson Whitey Never Learns
>>
>>61550245
Other than the cannibalism substituting for homosexual rape, it's pretty much like how Russians fight.
>>
>>61563763
Liar, the French ate each other's organs like their livers as part of ritual cannibalism, not out of starvation during sieges.

The Dutch ate their Prime Minister De Witt's liver.
>>
>>61550727
UBUNTU UBUNTU
BANG BANG BANG BANG!
>>
>>61564298
>Anyone who can manage to resist cattle raids is clearly Masai, but pussies.
Based
>>
>>61560299
not when there is Rinderpest killing all your animals.
>>
Bumping an actual good thread
>>
my favorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZBgZfGbhM
i know its vice but its good
>>
Bump while I work on some greentext.
Emin Pasha's guys make the Russian Black Sea fleet look like the British Navy.
>>
>>61571912
>i know its vice but its good
I mean Vice also brought us Apu Hajaar, so they've got a pedigree in documenting war retardation.
>>
File: Battle of Fukuda Bay.png (20 KB, 330x459)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>61576638
>>
>>61576638
>>61576646
>>
>>61576638
>>61576646
>>61576651
>>
File: 1241759411721.jpg (45 KB, 387x512)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>double-linebreak after post tag
>rant that isn't relevant to the thread topic
Cool?
>>
File: africo.png (1.74 MB, 1140x1237)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>61551176
>>
>>61557294
Glorious
>>
>>61560290
Kind of, more so that it’s apparently a custom in Eritrea to keep the shoes of someone who died as remembrance, so this is a giant remembrance memorial for everyone that died, not because shoes helped them win.
>>
>>61560290
>the time that Al Bundy managed to decisively swing a war
>>
bump
>>
>>61560290
>tactical flip flops
>>
>>61553384
good books for this?
>>
File: World War Africa.png (901 KB, 1311x4056)
901 KB
901 KB PNG
>Africa thread that doesn't immediately devolve into "lol niggers"
>Gets derailed by a schizophrenic chinese guy
Africa just can't fucking win on /k/, can it?
>>
>>61583411

>>61554135 >>61557294 >>61554351 >>61563763 >>61581373
>>
>>61550335
holy shit!
>>
File: changhittingself.webm (1.62 MB, 1080x720)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB WEBM
>>61576638
>Portuguese defeat pirates. Not army, not professional soldiers, just pirates
>meanwhile the Han haven't defeated a foreign army in 500 years.
>>
>>61554614
ASSPAIN STATUS: GAPING
>>
>>61583823

Ming China defeated the Portuguese at sea in every battle while a single Portuguese ship defeated hundreds of Japanese ships for days. Ming Chinese also defeated the Dutch while the Japanese asked the Dutch to help kill their own people in the Shimabara rebellion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimabara_Rebellion

40 Portuguese killed hundreds of Japanese in the Nossa Senhora da Graça incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nossa_Senhora_da_Graça_incident

80 Portuguese and some Chinese on two ships defeated 70 Japanese ships and hundreds of Samurai at the Battle of Fukuda Bay. Only eight Portuguese died, 70 Japanese were killed, 200 Japanese wounded and three ships sank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fukuda_Bay

Ming China defeated the Portuguese fleet at the battles of Tunmen, Shancaowan, and Shuangyu Island

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tunmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Shancaowan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeote_Pereira

Ming China defeated the Dutch fleet at Liaoluo bay, Zeelandia, and Penghu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Liaoluo_Bay

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Fort_Zeelandia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penghu#Ming_dynasty

China maintained naval supremacy in East Asia from the BC era until 1839 AD and raided Sri Lanka in the Ming Kotte War. Japan's navy was defeated by every opponent before the 19th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_baekgang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tangdao

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ming–Kotte_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Noryang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Myeongnyang

The Battle of Baekgang shattered the Japanese navy and scared them into totally withdrawing from the war in Baekje and build dozens of fortresses to prevent an invasion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baekgang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean-style_fortresses_in_Japan
>>
>>61583918

Also Chinese pirates during the Qing dynasty did this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ningpo_massacre

>The Ningpo Massacre was a massacre of Portuguese pirates by Cantonese pirates led by Ah Pak around the city of Ningbo. During the Qing dynasty, in the 19th century, the Ningbo authorities contracted Cantonese pirates to eliminate by extermination Portuguese pirates who raided Cantonese shipping around Ningbo. The campaign was "successful", with 40 Portuguese dead and only two Chinese dead, being dubbed "The Ningpo Massacre" by an English correspondent, who noted that the Portuguese pirates had behaved savagely towards the Chinese, and that the Portuguese authorities at Macau should have reined in the pirates.

>Portuguese pirates who raided Cantonese shipping in the early 19th century were eliminated by Cantonese forces around Ningbo.[2]

>The people from Ningbo supported the Cantonese massacre of the Portuguese pirates and the attack on the Portuguese consul. The Ningbo authorities had made an agreement with a Cantonese pirate named A'Pak to exterminate the Portuguese pirates. The Portuguese did not even try to fight when the Cantonese pirates sacked their consulate, fleeing and hiding among the tombs. The Cantonese butchered around 40 Portuguese while sacking the consulate. Only two Chinese and one Englishman who sided with the Cantonese died.
>>
I always thought Congo swords looked cool. I've got a few of them (pic not mine)
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (36 KB, 343x512)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I also like this kind that looks like the quake logo
>>
why is this dude spamming about china? let alone china's navy which has literally never in their history been impressive

like, this is borderline century of humiliation denialism
>>
File: Battle of Baekgang.png (57 KB, 429x798)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>61584038
China's navy crushed all rival East Asian and Europeans prior to the 19th century when Britain came.

Britain was literally the first foreign opponent to win agianst China in a naval battle.

Britain built the Japanese Meiji fleet which was the first time in history Japan won a naval war.

You're delusional if you think Japan had a strong navy before the Meiji restoration.
>>
>>61583918
>>61583922
Well since we are just talking about random shit in thread meant for the discussion of warfare I think I’ll talk about the Boxer Rebellion
>Indeed, it appeared common practise for the invading soldiers to capture women, regardless of class or creed, to rape them. This was done by forcing them to work as sex slaves in rape-manors they had established in the Beijing hutongs (alleys formed by siheyuan residences). This excerpt from the "Miscellaneous Notes about the Boxers", written by Japanese journalist Sawara Tokusuke, describes one such rape-manor:
>The Allied forces would frequently capture women, no matter virtuous, wretched, old or young, and would, as much as they could, displace them to Biaobei alleys and to live in row houses there as prostitutes for the soldiery. The West end of this alley the path would have been blocked off, in order to prevent escape, the East end was the only way in or out. This way was guarded. Any person from the Allied forces could enter for pleasure and rape to his heart's desire.
—Sawara 268
>Sawara also reports on the seven daughters of the Manchu bannerman Yulu 裕禄 [zh] of the Hitara clan, the Viceroy of the province of Zhili (present day Hebei). Yulu was on good terms with the invaders. He was a man who always sought to create good impressions, and due to this, the British Consul at Tianjin offered him asylum on board of one of Her Majesty's ships for his loyalty to the British (Fleming 84). Later in the war Yulu perished in the battle for Yangcun. When Beijing fell, the Allies abducted all seven of his daughters and then sent them to the Heavenly Palace in Beijing where they were violated repeatedly. Then they were held captive as sex slaves for the soldiers in one of the rape-manors mentioned above (Sawara 268).[141]
>>
>>61584990
>meant for the discussion of warfare
*in Africa, Christ I’m retarded
>>
>>61583918
Retard doesn't know that winning a battle doesn't actually qualify as defeating an army
LOL
>>
>>61576659
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume the two lost ships were the junks and the unreported Ming casualties were extensive crew casualties from being unable to close with the Portugese transoceanic ships
>>
>>61582303
>I say old boy perhaps we made a mistake camping out on completely flat ground in hostile territory against enemies we know will putnumber us severely
>>
File: 1701894213500724.png (544 KB, 580x665)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
>>61583546
I know you don't give a shit, but you shouldn't confuse a lack of sophistication with a lack of innovation. African warfare is what happens when industrial warfare meets pre-industrial infrastructure, and it is absolutely magical. Yes, there is a good amount of "nog from side A shoots blindly at nog from side B", but you also have shit like Operation Kitona and the Toyota War where you see how creative Africans can be when faced with their poor logistical situation.
>>
>>61585998
And then you have Rwandan infantry which is somewhere along the lines of Prussian stormtroopers in terms of discipline, morale, amd coordination
>>
>>61550245
Disorganized idiots wandering around with only a vague idea of their job and getting in loud, ineffectual skirmishes with similar retards. When things actually get bloody, they get REALLY bloody, as old clan grudges, a penchant for tit-for-tat atrocity, and religious zeal along with a total lack of ethics lead to torture, rape, and cannibalism.
>>
>>61584990
>>61584994
Thanks for posting about how Manchu women got gang raped in the Manchu majority inner city of Beijing in the Boxer rebellion while most Han provinces were not occupied.

By the way the Han generals responsible for violence in the Boxer rebellion like Dong Fuxiang got away scott free while Manchus like Yuxian and Enhai were beheaded.
>>
>>61585045
>Ming China defeated the Portuguese at sea in every battle

They defeated them in every battle of the war and won the war retard
>>
>>61584990
>>61584994
>>61586769
https://archived.moe/his/thread/14226644/#q14228168

>>>/his/14228168

https://archived.moe/his/thread/14628196/#q14630474

>>>/his/14630474
>>
>>61584038
it's a fucking bot, Admins should add a script that shadow bans any post that has more than 3 Wikipedia links
>>
>>61550245
To my knowledge this is the closest Africa got to el-alamein in terms of numbers, not a lot of info besides it was ww1 tier of trenches, make of that what you will.
>>
>>61550245
>How's African warfare like?
like regular war, except you eat the guy after you kill him
>>
>>61550346
>bullet goes further
I see no flaw in their logic
>>
>>61588189
Also fuck Wikipedia that to this day affirms that Cuito Cuanavale is the largest battle of Africa post-ww2, there's at least other three more military engagements that pass the 100k mark.
>>
>>61586784
>Over fifty ships engage 5 caravels
>kill 2 of them
>"""""""war"""""""
>>
>>61583918
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Shancaowan
>Thirty ships engage 6 merchant ships
>take 2 ships
>"War"
>"battle"
>"Victory"
>>
>>61550245
>>
>>61583918
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Liaoluo_Bay
>150 chinese ships against 8 light european vesssels and 50 chinese pirate trawlers
>3 ships taken

LOL they're all like this huh?

>Siege of Fort Zeelandia
>25000 men
>400 ships
Against
>Less than 2000 between the defenses and 15 ships
>12500 LOSSES
>TO KILL 1600 AND TAKE LESS THAN HALF THE SHIPS

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>61550335

If only guns could talk...
>>
>>61590124
>>61590142
>>61590186
Chinese didn't lose any ships in the naval battles. Japan lost ships to them.

Same Portuguese assraped Japan, with the same ratio of ships

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fukuda_Bay
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nossa_Senhora_da_Gra%C3%A7a_incident

China was the only Asian enemy to capture and sink Portuguese and Dutch ships.

>>61590186

>12500 LOSSES

95% of losses on the Chinese side at the suege of Fort Zeelandia were from famine and disease (scurvy).

Only 1000 were killed.

Chinese took Fort Provintia without a single casualty and massacred Dutch musketeers under Captain Thomas Pedel in an open field battle before besieging Fort Zeelandia.

Again, the same Portuguese and Dutch assraped and intimidated the Japanese while Japanese also outnumbered them.
>>
>>61590186
>>Siege of Fort Zeelandia
Most were killed by disease, and the chinese ships were tiny junks while the Dutch East India Company ships were huge ocean going vessels. Not sure what you are trying to grasp at.
>>
>>61590207
>Only 1000 were killed.
>Outnumber your enemy more than ten to one
>"we only lost half our men to incompetance, and another 50% of the enemy's entire strength to the enemy!
>Grorious victoleeeeeee!!!!

Post your gun.

>>61590319
>the Dutch East India Company ships were huge ocean going vessels.
In other words, lightly armed trading vessels LOOOOOL
>>
>>61590615
Pretty minor loss as far as China goes.
>>
File: IMG_6844.jpg (74 KB, 458x516)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>61586011
QRD?
>>
>>61590615
Besiegers almost always outnumber the besieged, moron.

Besieging enemy forts or cities with lesser numbers is a fast way to lose quickly as the besieged will just sally out and defeat them.

No grain resupply ships arrived from China for months into the siege,, due to currents in the Taiwan strait blowing shops west. The grain supply ships finally arrived a few weeks before the Diych were defeated.
>>
>>61590615
>>61590691
>and another 50% of the enemy's entire strength to the enemy

1000 out of 12500 is not 50%. Are you illiterate?

Also the Dutch gave the 1000 number.

Also the Dutch admitted the Dutch troops led by Captain Thomas Pedel were cowards who dropped their muskets and tried to run back to the fort hut got massacred on the way.

And the Dutch journal of the fort said Dutch women (captured from Fort Provintia) who were married to single Chinese men were happy (while the Dutch women who ended up as concubines to already married Chinese men were tortured by the men's wives)
>>
File: chang.png (88 KB, 516x485)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>61590719
>1000 out of 12500 is not 50%. Are you illiterate?
50% of the enemy's entire strength chang.
Meaning half of the enemy's number.

post your gun.
>>
>>61552440
wait til you learn about their shamans, witch doctors, and voodoo people
>>
>>61550245

What time period?

North Africa or proper black Africa?

Do you mean between states or between rag tag militias?

Africa is big and a lot different fighting goes on there.
>>
>>61591165
Again you're illiterate or retarded.

China lost the majority of the 12,500 total casualties to diesease and famine.

The Dutch only claimed 1000 Chinese were killed by actual gunfire/cannonfire.

It did not loose 50% of its troops to fighting with the Dutch.

Read the numbers again moron. You claimed 50% of Chinese losses were from the Dutch. 1,000 killed is not 50% of 12,500.
>>
>>61590615
>>61590186
Dutch East India company ships and Portuguese ships were warships intended for conquest.

The Dutch and Portuguese already conquered Indonesia and Malaysia and humiliated the Japanese in battle, sinking Japanese ships like toys.

The Ducth East India company ruled Indonesians for centuries and rules Malays.

So are you saying Indonesians and Malays and Japanese are subhuman incompetent retards for veing slaughtered by "lightly armed trading vessels"?
>>
>>61591308
>China lost the majority of the 12,500 total casualties to diesease and famine.
>i-it doesn't count if they all died because our logistics suck ass and we're too retarded to feed our own soldiers
It's this kind of thinking that led to your country being such a shithole, chinkspammer.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.