[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240504_080547.jpg (305 KB, 1898x2048)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Well?
>>
>>46754988
>500 diamonds
Too much. I'll buy the ghostbro and we'll go out to have unforgettable adventures instead of buying that white-haired boy.
>>
>>46755017
>diamonds
anon your screen might have some color issues
>>
>>46754988
If you wanted to make a Youmu thread you could have chosen a less shitty OP.
>>
>>46755017
500 diamonds is easy in the current state of Minecraft these days. Also, those aren't diamonds.
>>
>>46755032
Did Minecraft kill your family
>>
Isn't the ghost just part of Youmu? Like one of Rayman's floating hands.
>>
>>46755125
I strongly dislike that game.
>>
>>46754988
I have three blocks, that shit stain has absolutely no leverage for me not killing him and taking her.
>>
>>46755263
I'm sorry for your loss
>>
>>46755263
Imagine hating a children's game with chill music where all you have to do is explore the world and build things with blocks.
>>
>>46755263
How can you hate Minecraft?
>>
File: a (2).jpg (12 KB, 261x193)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
I'll buy the villager on the right
>>
>>46755356
Too many bullshit death/item losses, slow and empty updates compared to past years, and microsoft being microsoft. Not the anon though.
>>
File: 1713389850224398.png (71 KB, 1000x784)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>46755356
Its a very long story and I dont like talking about myself when I come here, but to summarize.
>No objective
I hate sandboxes, not having a clear goal grinds my gears like you have no idea, I like having clear north and an objective to die for.
>Boring gameplay
If I wanted to fight mobs I would play Mega Man Zero, if I wanted to do shit with blocks I would unpack my legos, playing MC feels like a waste of time and a watered down version of other things I actually like.
>Engineered to be a relaxing experience
It has the opposite effect on me, things that are made to relax you stress me out, same reason I hate that every game ever has a fucking fishing minigame, unless it is for drawing or writing I do not have patience, if I wanted to relax I would play Mega Man X or Kirby.
>Non music
The music is not made to be memorable, its made to be ambience noise to complement whatever youre doing, and as someone that has making music as a hobby, I hate that with burning passion, its the same reason I feel a strong animosity towards BOTW, because in addition to having some of the issues listed above, the overworld music is null and void compared to literally every other Zelda game.
>Over exposition
Self explanatory, seeing MC everywhere made me sick and I still dont like being shown that game everywhere I go, the same thing happened with Undertale, doesnt help that every time I even remotely imply that MC is not my thing everyone jumps at me with that "youre losing something so amazingly amazing bro!" attitude.
There are other factors, but that its the nick of it. Is MC a bad game? Probably not, that doesnt prevent me from hating it, and I say that liking my fair share of equally overrated games.
>>
File: 1714618648791575.png (2.11 MB, 3500x3121)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
>>46755438
>MC a bad game? Probably not
I think it is, and Zach thought it would be when he abandoned the original idea. Notch isn't a game designer, which he was basically admitting that when he came to /v/ for ideas. The result is a chore to play because it's put together by a programmer who has no sense of game design. I have played far too much of this game to consider this simply a matter of personal taste.

Anyway, I would buy the ghost and do lewd things to it in front of Youmu.
>>
>>46755356
It's a hypercommercialized corporate product. You should hate it on principle.
>>
File: 1663379482434628.jpg (56 KB, 600x600)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>46755438
I feel you. Those 'cozy' games aren't all that relaxing because there's nothing to occupy your brain to distract you from the sense of wasted time.
tl;dr scub rambling
Minecraft was a great sandbox. For its time. When you're like 11 playing minecraft on the family computer there's nothing else like it and it's an experience you only get once. Then you get older, see and play other games and develop a thing called "taste" which may be a hard thing to grasp if you're like me and lived on /a/ for most your adolescence but I digress. Point is you see flaws and fundamental parts of the game become incompatible with what you like. In hindsight it's a bit crap, you know how everything works and the illusion is gone.
Having no goal might have worked when you were a retarded kid with infinite free time, but as an adult you work better with set objectives or implied incentives. The exploration and building was the most engaging part of the game and even then it gets old quick. If you've seen the landmark structures like temples once, you've seen them all, and random generation by itself is meaningless to explore, just look at Starfield. The building was there next and the limited block options makes for some creative solutions, but in my opinion art is worthless without anyone to show it to. Building elaborate towns and builds hurts when you realize how much time you sunk making something that will never be used or occupied, unless you really like liminal spaces. With no gameplay benefits to these things it also sucks the enjoyment out, what good is a huge fully automated wheat farm if nobody can possibly eat all that god damn bread? The multiplayer is fun and can give a purpose to things, but I also have other games to play, things to do, and I scratched the itch to play with other fags; I already have enough social hangout spaces and I don't want to make obligations I don't need.
>Over exposition
I blame the birth of lets plays for that one.
>>46755666
Nice satantrips.
>>
File: Oh it's just Youmu.png (484 KB, 785x568)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>46754988
>>
>>46755438
>The music is not made to be memorable
What are you talking about? Minecraft's music, be they soundtracks in the game such as "Sweden - c418" or the the songs created by the fandom, are super memorable and iconic.
>>
>>46754988
>>46755017
>>46755032
Is the trooncord still losing its head over an internet popularity contest?
>>
>>46754988
This remains me of that Touhou/Minecraft crossover series I once saw where 2hus ended up in the Mincraft world
>>
>>46755438
I don't agree with your evaluation of Minecraft's OST, at least the OG tracks made by C418. They have a great sense of ambiance, but all of them also have clear melodic and harmonic movements, often very memorable (Sweden is the one track that immediately comes to mind, but then also Moog City, Mice on Venus...) that drive them along and make for more than generic ambient. The OST wears it's inspirations on its sleeve when it comes to tracks being clearly influenced by Eric Satie's piano works, Brian Eno's late seventies albums and Jean-Michel Jarre (hell, two of the tracks are directly named after his albums). I think if you gave the soundtrack another shot but outside of the game context - just put on Minecraft Volume Alpha as you would a normal record, you might find some more appreciation for it. Or not! Everyone likes different things, but since you mention liking making music I think in proper context you will enjoy it at least from a musician's perspective.
>>
>>46756301
I will concede that my crititique of the music is purely subjective, as its not the first time that someone makes the point that MCs OST is deceptively complex on its making, but as I said, its really not my thing, I will do what you said and make a more educated opinion from there.
>>
>>46754988
>>
>>46755438
>The music is not made to be memorable, its made to be ambience noise to complement whatever youre doing
Oh fuck off, you're just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. There is no soundtrack that has ever been as memorable to people in general than the OG Minecraft soundtrack has.
>>
>>46755438
Finally someone that understands...
>>
>>46760589
Memorable? Definitely. The game is so popular, you can recognize the soundtrack while half-asleep. Good? No. There was so much focus on creating relaxing music (it still isn't) that they forgot to actually make it sound good and tolerable.
>>
I still can't believe there are people who play the survival in Minecraft. The game has some of the most satisfying 1 v 1 combat ever, at least before they changed the combat the second time. But I might be biased since I like competing against others, probably why I think UDOALG is a good game despite what everyone has been saying. Soundtrack complain isn't valid for Minecraft since you can easily replace it.
>>
File: 1692925443802981.jpg (521 KB, 800x923)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>46760778
I'm starting to think zoomers were a mistake.
>>
>>46760839
I wish I was still that young. I'm at the stage of wondering if I should shave it all off.
>>
I liked the Gensokyo mod for Terraria. Much better bosses than the base game despite proper danmaku patterns seeming like they should be a nightmare with Terraria's movement and combat.
>>
>>46755438
of course y*umu fags hate anything without yandere femdom rape
>>
>>46760940
Like, your beard or pubic hair?
>>
>>46755438
Understandable, however, whom are you quoting?
>>
>>46760940
That's what teens think about their first mustache
Are you underage bro
>>
>>46760568

Now THIS is something I'd buy
>>
>>46754988
Rape the ghost
>>
>>46754988
What the hell is Youmu good for?

She's too dumb to be a wife. Not sexy enough to serve as a sex-slave. And I don't want a gardener likely to scare off the cats.
>>
>>46761842
>What the hell is Youmu good for?
Killing.
>>
>>46754988
>use cheat engine
>get 600+ gems
>buy both of them
Is that easy.
>>
>>46761912
wayq
>>
>>46761842
Friendship.
>>
>>46761912
>>use cheat engine
But emeralds are easier to get in bulk than coal, if you're wiling to invest a golden apple or two. I keep a stack of emerald blocks in my base.
>>
File: silver_duo_latter_010-011.png (960 KB, 2706x2000)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
>>46761842
Being a cool sword dork
https://youtu.be/OuBmpQSVDZs
>>
File: 7909742523706821.jpg (137 KB, 850x1036)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>46761842
She cooks!
>>
File: 039BAiJRYoumu.jpg (408 KB, 725x726)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>46761842
Cleaning, cooking, gardening and being a guard.
Plus she does all that without getting payed and without getting any vacation other then when she's sick.

She's Sakuya and Meiling in one. Yuyuko has it good
>>
>>46766086
Yuyuko gets to watch her putter around the house all day. It's not fucking fair...
>>
there's just no way yuyuko doesn't molest youmu
>>
>>46754988
what did she do to end up in this situation
>>
>>46769744
Yuyuko sold her a half eaten hot dog
>>
>>46754988
Even my cows are useful than this useless dork, you can keep her
>>
>>46770188
But she can shoot magic bullets and move really fast. Give her a sword and she'll be like a better wolf.
>>
>>46770188
Cows give you milk, Youmu only gives you headaches
>>
>>46760940

Go bald, shave everything off and regret your life decisions
>>
>>46756200
so this entire post can be reduced down to "i dont have any friends to play minecraft with" plus crying over sour grapes
>>
>>46771210
Youmu can also give milk if trained properly.
>>
>>46775385
No cow has ever Ghost Sword "Fasting of the Young Preta" at me. I'll take the cow.
>>
File: 1557085871645.jpg (163 KB, 850x1357)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>46754988
I'm going to level with Youmu here. Youmu, I don't hate you, and everyone's insults of you here are baseless and paper thin. In fact, Youmu, you're one of my favorite characters. The whole thing about being a straight-laced girl in Gensokyo is cool and I love seeing you wielding your swords. The problem is that you just seem to try a bit too hard. You're an interesting character. You're responsible, have good intentions, very determined, and subtly quirky. You're devoted to your master. These features can make you respected by the fanbase. Maybe not in the overt way you're expecting or hoping for, but in the silent and sincere kind of way. That's valuable on a level some people can't even understand. And don't feel afraid of rejection, I know you're looking for validation in a world full of twists and surprises, but give us a chance to really get to know you. Don't worry, Youmu, you're still young and you have a bright future ahead of you. Don't rush or you might be disappointed by what you missed on the way. Also, if you could stop throwing yourself at my crotch every time we're together, that would be great. Don't get me wrong, I love your shameless hunger for cum and I'll be more then happy to oblige you, but foreplay is important and that's a little hard when you're coming at me like your in heat.
>>
>>46754988
1. Loot the village without aggroing goy- golems
2. Buy both of them
3. Slaughter the villagers for good measure
4. Ask this guy >>46761912 whom he is quoting, this filthy crossie
>>
>>46755356
I played it until I burned out and started to hate it
Also the latest updates completely ruined the game for me even more
>>
>>46760946
>Much better bosses than the base game
Not that hard to do, considering how lame and boring vanilla is
>>
File: 1695719301098809.jpg (51 KB, 365x358)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>46766086
>Cleaning, cooking, gardening and being a guard.
>Plus she does all that without getting payed and without getting any vacation other then when she's sick.
Perfect woman I would actually marry
>>
>>46771288
nta but i will have to respectfully decline, Byakuren-san
>>
>>46755438
I agree with you except for
A) The music
and
B) The multiplayer side of things

Playing Minecraft with other people is incredibly different from singleplayer, especially on servers like 2b2t (4chan created).
>>
>>46775385
in comparison to cows, women output less milk than cows practically speaking
>>
I can't get enough of the "I'm mentally ill" face
I may have issues

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.