[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 45243954_p0_master1200.jpg (244 KB, 1024x683)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
Isn't it a bit weird how some Tamagotchis like Mametchi and Flowertchi/Violetchi don't wear any clothes, but characters like Lovelitchi, Melodytchi, Pianitchi, Coffretchi, Miraitchi and Clulutchi always wear clothes? How come those Tamagotchis alongside so many others (Especially the ones that were introduced in the anime) are never seen without clothes while some Tamagotchis just casually walk around completely nude? As far as I can tell, there seems to be no nudity taboo in the franchise, and nobody in-universe seems to comment or even acknowledge about this subject matter in any official media such as the anime (Not to mention that Tamagotchis that don't wear clothes don't have visible genitals and are completely featureless as a result), so why couldn't Tamagotchis that wear clothes (Like the ones I listed before) just take off their clothes and be completely okay with being naked like the others, even if it's just for a while?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (76 KB, 620x484)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Is it just me, or do I find nude art of usually clothed Tamagotchis better if they lack any visible genitals? This isn't a fetish or anything, I just prefer it this way.
>>
File: Memetchi.png (66 KB, 360x462)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>This isn't a fetish or anything
>>
>>46745694
I was talking about Tamagotchis that wear clothes by the way. Since they're never officially depicted without clothes, seeing on-model nude art of said Tamagotchis without any visible genitals (Like the ones listed in the OP) feels a lot more special in my opinion.
>>
>>46745684
I also wouldn't mind if people posted images like these on this thread, so long as they keep it safe for work and use spoiler tags for more potentially suggestive art.
>>
>>46745525
The first group is more blob and mascot like, the second group is more detailed and look more like caricature people than weird animals, they're basically avatars for little kids
Well Mametchi looks weird naked in certain contexts
>>
>>46748505
I get what you mean, but it's still jarring that some characters don't wear clothes but others (like Lovelitchi and Pianitchi) do. It feels like these two Tamagotchi character type groups belong in different franchises altogether.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (55 KB, 680x574)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>46748451
I'll start with some art I saved on my device.
>>
bump
>>
>>46748451
On second thought, maybe it would be better if we discussed about the OP topic slightly more. Still won't mind others posting images alongside their posts.
>>
the clothes are just a way to make them appealing to older (female) fans. unclothed: children target, clothed: teen target.
>>
>>46750627
Well, most of the Tamagotchi that wear clothes were designed for the anime, which was marketed at young girls, much like the toys themselves.
>>
>>46748650
Yeah the first is targeted at people in general the second is targeted at young girls specifically (yes I know there's adult otaku who like them, but they're an accidental target)
>>
>>46752862
>There's adult otaku who like them
I can't possibly imagine as to why.
>>
>>46753355
they're cute. people own pets mostly because they're cute. nothing strange about it.
>>
>>46753850
Go figure.
>>
bump
>>
bump
>>
>>46748919
It may be embarrassing to say this but I fapped to this more than once
>>
>>46766564
Isn't it a bit weird how I tried bumping this thread and yet it didn't bump? How ruminating...
>>
>>46766750
Here, let me bump the thread.
>>
>>46770333
Okay, nevermind. The thread didn't even bump. What the actual hell is even going on?
>>
>>46770356
No matter how hard I try, I somehow can't even bump this thread. Is this some sort of bug or is it just my device being fucked up?
>>
bump
>>
>>46748919
If they're embarrassed by it then it's a fetish.
>>
>>46771513
Well, how come?
>>
>>46770393
Seriously, how can other users bump this thread except for me, the OP? Is this some glitch or what?
>>
>>46777949
that is just how it works
/jp/ has some complex rules around bumps. Do you have a dynamic IP? If your IP hasn't posted before, you have to wait some hours before you can bump threads out of pages 9 and 10.
>>
>>46780717
That’s actually a really specific and bizarre rule. How come this board specifically has to have this rule about bumps?
>>
Anyhow, we gonna stay on-topic?
>>
>>46745694
How the hell did Bandai make a potato with stick limbs so cute?
>>
bump
>>
>>46783194
that's a lampbulb
>>
>>46786792
Now that you mention it, I can see the resemblance.
>>
>>46781795
I don't know what the rules are but I do know this board has tons of people who like to bump every single thread in order to push threads they don't like off the board.
>>
bump
>>
>>46748505
>Mametchi looks weird naked in certain contexts
Any examples?
>>
>>46745525
I hate nuTamagotchi designs a lot. All of them look too humanoid and cute. I've been replaying all the tamagotchi corner shop games I own and the design philosophy in that era was perfect.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.