[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • [sjis] tags are available. Install the Mona font to view SJIS art properly.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: the server.png (1.97 MB, 2112x1369)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
Somehow or another, you blink and half a decade passes you by. A few more days will mark 5 years since the /jp/ touhou GTA server was first hosted, all the way back in 2019!

If ever there was a fine example of butterfly effect, these threads would be it. I never thought a small, half-assed server I worked on just to do some touhou-themed gamemodes like capture the flag, would become a minor little tradition and something I was still doing 5 years later, and it's still strange for me to think about all the little splinter projects and things that sprung off from that little idea. And of course all of this is in itself simply a spinoff; this server was originally going to be nothing more than a temporary placeholder, a small little testbed, nothing more than a recreational playground I would use to toy around with some silly ideas I had for gamemodes and other things while another anon was working on a more properly traditional server. I don't know what happened to that other anon, but I've always considered them the original proprietor of this idea, and I can only hope they're satisfied with the way I've handled this over all these years.

Since that time, lots of other anons have contributed tons of OC for this little project, from art, to custom car skins and models, to scripts and even brand new maps. And to those of you that were such good and patient sports over the years, you have my thanks.
>>
File: 1635099922675.png (2.62 MB, 2560x1092)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>46636017
With all that being said, I'm a tired old meido now and motivating myself to manage the needs of 40+ people for 8+ hours isn't as easy as it used to be 5 years ago. I've hosted this probably well close to a hundred times by now, seen many anons come and go - sometimes bitterly, and spent many a sleepless night working on and tuning almost all of the things we regularly use probably without a second thought nowadays. This server has a dear place to my heart, even if a lot of it may be junk that breaks that every other minute.

As it were, I had planned for today to be the end of this. However against my better judgement, I'll continue to host this little tradition - at least for a little bit longer. If only for the sake that there are still certain things I'd like to work on, and because I know many of you still love this little event.

As usual, the server will be up at around 7 PM EST, on the 23rd! I'm also posting this a little earlier than usual for the token few posters that always say they miss the threads. Look forward to it!
>>
File: 1706111154018009.gif (102 KB, 758x696)
102 KB
102 KB GIF
The funnest time of the year is back!
>>
I'll be waiting warmly.
>>
>>46636017
>don't know what happened to that other anon, but I've always considered them the original proprietor of this idea
Unfortunately I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I'm very grateful for you taking the lead as I probably wouldn't be the best host myself. 2-3 years ago I was actually planning on hosting some sort of spinoff /jp/ server (Genso Drift) that focused mainly on racing and drifting instead of freeroam, but sadly I never got around to it. I hope to make it this time and not miss this run.
>>
File: 0 charisma.png (135 KB, 754x693)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
Been looking forward to this and I'm glad you're deciding to kick it along, but I understand if you decide to stop. Life happens and getting old sucks balls, don't be like ZUN trying to keep a game release schedule like he's 10 years younger, slow down if you need a break; no greater killer of passion like burnout. Take it easy.
That said I have an exam at 5:45 that day, I'll try my best to make it and have energy to stay up the whole time. Finals week every single time.
Will there be the sex like on new years? I want to molest the bird.
>>
>>46636258
Also my old computer died on me and I lost all my stuff for the server ;_;
I'm a dumb ass for not keeping any backups
>>
I am excited for the return of the fun times
>>
>>46636285
sorry to hear about that anon
>>
File: 1680812690197040.jpg (63 KB, 680x648)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I'll be on my best behavior I promise!
>>
>>46636017
I'll be waiting warmly!
>>
File: fuka(kantoku)GTATouhou.jpg (121 KB, 850x532)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Hopefully this time my game won't run at single digit frames
I'll stick around and suffer regardless
>>
File: 1551964305480.webm (962 KB, 1280x720)
962 KB
962 KB WEBM
But damn.. 5 years already? Seems like we are all getting old.
>>
File: tenko.png (1.11 MB, 1226x690)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>46636017
Hooray! Been looking forward to it. Hoping to stay for as long as possible despite having to work. Thanks for all the work you've put in to keep this silly little project alive and well.
>>
>>46636755
If you were around at least ~25 when this started you'd be wizard-age by now. We're all becoming grandpas...
>>
File: 1583737926007.png (2.09 MB, 1920x1080)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
I can't bring myself to join anymore, but I want to say that I appreciate the work put into the server over the years, and all of the players who made it special.
I hope you have a wonderful anniversary.
>>
wew
>>
>>46636258
>>46636285
Thanks for everything anon. It's both strange how things worked out and how time flies. I still remember some of your advice early on too, like adding the teleports at spawn. Feels like yesterday!

> my old computer died on me and I lost all my stuff for the server ;_;
Well damn. Really sorry to hear that. I always wondered what had happened to the idea, I still remember the screenshot of it posted in that first thread, I remember thinking at the time that the UI had seemed neat.
>>
Took the night off work in anticipation of this. Looking forward to the MTAs.
>>
>>46636017
Small update to the yellow bridge stealth map as there was a few things that bothered me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LJT-zPSe3XmZGzlC1sGHer6kO2TGHLLb/view?usp=sharing
>>
Thanks for the timely announcement!
>>
>>46636019
It’s quite a relief to know that this won’t be the final run. During the break, I did manage to keep working on new content for the server, including re-making some resources that will hopefully solve longstanding issues like the memory leaks and random crashes.

I'll have a newer version of the Gensokyo map ready as well, I hope it's worth the wait! Thanks for your patience and dedication keeping this fun little project alive.
>>
How and where do I get this and set it up
>>
>>46637394
Download this

https://archive.org/details/gta-sa-preinstalled-v-1

And then install this

https://multitheftauto.com/
>>
>>46637354
Cool! Did you get a chance to rig/convert in Son Biten or Chiyari?

I have have models for them but not sure if you already did that. I can convert them if you haven't already.
>>
I've prepared some exclusive stuff this time around, this zip (https://a.cockfile.com/pHzHT.zip, link expires in 12 hours) contains two resources.
oni-chains resource adds dynamic chains to Suika, Yuugi and Kasen models. Additionally, it contains new models for Kasen and her two other forms, Kasen's Arm and Ibaraki-douji, taken from here https://3d.nicovideo.jp/works/td70834
guitar-knights resource is a Guitar Hero clone with a small playlist of Touhou doujin music and co-op support (several players can "play" different instruments at the same time). It can be accessed on special stages, one is located in default club interior and the other at Bandits stadium in LV, not far from the spawn point. Here's how it looks: https://files.catbox.moe/ckc9no.webm (old version, newer has more features). Hopefully it's not bugged, I tested it a lot but one can never be sure
>>
>>46637467
I haven't, didn't knew there were new models for them. Also I mentioned on a previous thread that I was converting Enoko but never finished her since the MMD model I got is way too unoptimized and requires a lot of rework, if you are able to convert the more optimized Enoko model from VRC that would really help so I can fully focus on the maps and scripts.
>>
File: the band.png (1.35 MB, 1300x1083)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>46637518
>guitar hero
holy shit that looks fun, I dont think osu skill translates to guitar hero but I'll give it my best
>>
>>46637519
Alright. I already have the Enoko VRC model. I'll covert her in as well as the others. I haven't looked to far into the MMD Son Biten or Chiyari to see if there are optimized. I doubt it. but i'll see what i can do.
>>
File: 1637152831099.png (678 KB, 754x721)
678 KB
678 KB PNG
>>46637562
what makes a model optimized?
t. not a 3d modeller
>>
File: DDC concert.jpg (2.31 MB, 4096x2896)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
>>46637518
Goddamn, that's extremely impressive! How do you even make that stuff? Not even single player has minigame mods of that quality, can't wait to play it on the server.
>>
>>46637613
It's specifically because it's not a single player mod that I was able to make this, MTA lets you do almost anything
>>
>>46637584
In most cases for most games, a reduced file size of the model itself (number of vertices) and it's textures, the better. For GTASA MTA case, historically there is less of a chance for a crashes to happen if it doesn't have to load in so much stuff on screen. The amount custom cars and ped models (which there is a lot already in the server) will also tank performance if they are bloated file size wise.
>>
I'd also add with MMD models you're guaranteed to get a poorly optimized one
>>
Last Christmas was the first time I played and it's the most fun I've ever had playing a video game, so I've been looking forward to this.
I put this video together for the last thread but it died before I could post it.
https://uguu.molniya.xyz/files/oEssvpDP.mp4 (big file)
https://files.catbox.moe/y17j1j.mp4 (small encode)
>>
>>46637993
That ending is perfect.
>>
File: Nitori Get Down.jpg (35 KB, 512x384)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>46638018
GET - DOWN yureru mawaru fureru setsunai kimochi. Futari de issho ni nemaru winter land! Anata dake mitsumete watashi dake mitsumete. Aso woooooooooo~ chikau!
>>
>>46636017
Server aside, I would like to see a GTA 東方 mods for Vice City and 3 someday. Vice City has a couple of models ported over from San Andreas, but they're still just in game models. I wanted to get into it, but I couldn't find a simple way to port these models across the three games.I assume GTA 3 is going to be the hardest to do due to the way bodies are built from smaller blocks which allowed for ripping off NPC's arms and legs.
>>
>>46637354
>including re-making some resources that will hopefully solve longstanding issues like the memory leaks and random crashes.
Cautiously optimistic, thanks for your efforts anon.

>>46637215
Awesome, thanks!

>>46637518
Well hell, cheers anon. This is honestly quite something. How long did you spend working on this?

I forgot to mention it in the OP, but on top of a new Shrine Maiden map to look forward to, the cinema's been updated with a whole bunch of QoL improvements too, including proper ad skipping for the anons who liked that.
>>
File: 1685585179209050.jpg (83 KB, 600x450)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
This makes me wonder if moot has ever joined to play with us anonymously
>>46637993
Nice job, anon. Keep it up with the editing.
>>
>>46638766
>Cautiously optimistic, thanks for your efforts anon.
It should work as intended now, the MTA devs introduced new memory management functions and it no longer crashes on the latest release version of MTA 1.6, I've used it for weeks with no issues, feel free to test it: https://litter.catbox.moe/dn1ady.rar

Also includes an optimized version of the usual skin select area at spawn, so players with weaker PCs don't get lagged when spawning.

>>46637518
Just tried these resources, they really are amazing! The new Kasen models are perfect, always wanted to have them playable, and the new chain physics for the onis are a very cool detail. And the guitar-knights game works perfectly, didn't find any bugs and any issues I had adding new songs were addressed in the guide, I'm still amazed at how well made it is.
>>
>>46638766
>How long did you spend working on this?
Probably a couple of months stretched over the past 4 months, I'm just glad I've been able to take it this far before the next run

>>46640856
>the guitar-knights game works perfectly, didn't find any bugs and any issues
Well there are missing features like Star Power and different types of notes, and at least on one occasion the added song didn't sync properly, meaning there are potentially others, but it should be fine, more or less
>>
File: 1705776818151669.png (204 KB, 500x386)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
Hello, I've been wanting to play this for a long time now, I have MTA installed and everything, but do I need to find the skins (or models) and apply them myself or is there a pack somewhere?
>>
>>46644203
Lots of stuff is usually added in right up to the point the server actually goes live, so the pre-download for it is usually posted the day of it being hosted, or at least a few hours beforehand. You'll have to get that since the in-game downloader is super slow, but it's the only thing you'll need.
>>
>>46644203
Mods are downloaded automatically when you enter the server but you can also download them manually. Anon who hosts the server always uploads them and shares the link
>>
>>46637993
That's an amazing video Anon, I loved it. Maybe you could upload it to Youtube unlisted for the theater.
>>
>>46637993
This stuff makes me sad I missed out all these years. I always knew about the server but was far too spooked to get into it... maybe this year'll be the one I finally work up the courage to play with you nerds.
>>
File: file.png (780 KB, 1402x332)
780 KB
780 KB PNG
>>46645097
As someone who was in your exact situation like two years ago, take the leap anon. I'm not gonna pretend like you won't be nervous at first, I spent like 5 minutes at spawn before I even moved when first giving it a go, but it's all in good fun and people know to take it easy. Guarantee you'll be amused just following the crowd.
>>
>>46644203
>>46645097
There's an install guide from an older thread https://pastebin.com/qTBwJ1EB
>>
>>46645097
I know that feel, I have brutal social anxiety even in online games.
>>
File: sekrit lewd store.png (3.25 MB, 1920x1080)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
>>46645097
>>46645365
Get some juice, get some rum, put them in a glass and sip. Trust me you'll loosen up and wont feel as anxious when you think "Fuck it" and start chatting. It's not much different than typing on the jay. The only thing to look out for is just don't be an obnoxious faggot. Take it easy and have fun with anons dressed as 2hus.
>>
>>46645097
>>46645365
>anxiety
It's not like it's a social game with voice chat, you can play and mess around on your own as if it was normal modded GTA but with 2hus
>>
>>46640856
>https://litter.catbox.moe/dn1ady.rar
Ah I see they added new streaming memory-related functions. I'll be a believer if the unholy duo of models+maps don't start crashing people every 3 minutes or some other weird problem doesn't rear it's head. Back in November I remember the IMG container functions were still pretty wonky despite how much the MTA team hyped it up as fixing OOM crashes.

>>46645097
>>46645365
Nobody'll make fun of you for trying, we're all a little awkward and some anons don't talk at all. Besides, seeing fresh reactions to old stuff we play is always nice. It's part of the reason why most of the gamemodes are team-based, too; even if you're shy you can still play together with everyone.

As long as you're not acting explicitly in bad faith nobody'll pay you much mind, and I've seen very few people over the years do so. Pretty much everyone just wants to relax and have a bit of mindless fun for a few hours.

>>46645451
That place takes me back, one of the first mods loaded in the server.
>>
>>46645654
>>46645451
What do you guys talk about in these things?
>>
>>46645845
Most of the time people just talk about whatever's happening in the moment, but otherwise it's the things you'd see anywhere else on /jp/. People talk about characters they like games they've played recently and similar smalltalk.
This server is probably one of the last vestiges of old /jp/ with how people act.
>>
>>46645654
>Ah I see they added new streaming memory-related functions. I'll be a believer if the unholy duo of models+maps don't start crashing people every 3 minutes or some other weird problem doesn't rear it's head.

So far the only weird problem I've encountered with the new IMG replacing is some hardcoded IDs not replacing properly, like the IDs used by the default cop models. But for these few cases the resource uses the old model replacing method.
>>
File: busy_spinner.png (8 KB, 384x32)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
A little Reimu loading animation for the MTA client, just add it to the MTA\cgui\images directory.
>>
>>46638018
>>46638160
https://litter.catbox.moe/8qn1gv.mp4
>>
Can any linuxfags help me out here?
I'm trying to play with wine and everything seems to run fine, but my mouselook is broken and glitching. I have no idea how to fix this shit.
>>
>>46651710
Switch to Windows 10

It just works.
>>
>>46636017
damn i should have joined years ago now its late :c
>>
File: 1703590739200640.png (2.16 MB, 1730x1080)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>46652323
The second best time is now
>>
>>46651710
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/39480610#p39559835
Old guide of mine, should help.
>>46651731
lol, lmao
>>
>>46653853
Are you using a 32-bit prefix like it states in the mta:sa wiki? Sorry I never played this before.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.11 MB, 2560x1440)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>
File: 1696362854343963.jpg (38 KB, 684x1024)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>46637993
This video nearly made me cry, thank you for uploading it!
>>
>>46637993
>>46651314
I can't record my own footage, so I always appreciate these highlight videos!
>>
File: Remi of The Hay.png (3.58 MB, 1920x1080)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
>>46660803
moments earlier
>>
File: banpaiyuTouhouStreets.jpg (140 KB, 850x567)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>46637993
First link returns a 404 and second link says file is corrupted (even when downloaded)
Other anons can clearly see it, am I missing something?
>>
>>46637993
Great video, crazy to think this was all just from New Years/Christmas. Really makes you think about just how much has happened over 5 years on this.

>>46661095
The first link is dead but the second one is fine, you're probably just missing the codecs. Try opening it in something like MPC-HC or VLC.
>>
>>46661299
>Try opening it in something like MPC-HC or VLC.
Ah yeah that fixed it
>>46637993
Great stuff Anon
>>
I think I joined since like 2022 or something. It's crazy how fast time passes nowadays. Years pass by like months. Something fucking is happening with time dilation. Someone tell the guys running the simulation to make time go by slower.
>>
>>46651710
I've tried it once. It does launch and connect normally but the performance is worse (at intensive moments, I hit <10 fps but your case might be different).

Install winetricks and then do "winetricks dxvk". This will install DXVK in your prefix which translates DirectX calls to Vulkan. Make sure your card supports vulkan (if you're on an AMD card, you'll need the AMDGPU driver active).

If you have other important stuff on your prefix, do a backup of it, in case you want to revert back to a non-DXVK prefix. You could also make a fresh prefix, install DXVK and then install MTA fresh.

>>46661410
It's just Sakuya-san, anon. Don't investigate any further.
>>
>>46661095
Here's a reupload of the uncompressed file if anyone wants it.
https://uguu.molniya.xyz/files/EVjKGENz.mp4
It makes me very happy seeing so many anons enjoy it. I had lots of fun editing it so I'll try to do another one after tomorrow.
>>
>>46661850
Making videos is one of my favorite things to do when I am not being lazy.
>>
File: give me a hug big guy.png (199 KB, 633x353)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>46637519
>>46637562
Expecting a cute girl? Too bad! It's Enoko Mitsugashira and she wants hugs!
I'll do the other 2 beast later.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d2uH-GPxdapTK3K-k4AClRVgOBuaBpaH/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>46662730
awesome!
>>
File: 1713867807081281.gif (3.18 MB, 1484x1080)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB GIF
4 more hours!
>>
>>46654825
No, I'm not.
>>
File: chen hapi.jpg (90 KB, 1213x1213)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
I got a nice three hour nap in so hopefully I can stay up the whole duration.
god I wish I was still in my teens, I could pull all nighters like nothing
>>
Can we ERP in this?
>>
File: hatethis.png (202 KB, 510x414)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>46666728
ANON!!!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.16 MB, 1920x1080)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>46666728
You ask a dangerous question anon.
>>
File: 1709894251508891.png (2.78 MB, 1707x1656)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>>46666772
sweet jesus
>>
>>46666772
All of them are staring...
>>
I probably can't join today. Please record some footage for me.
>>
>>46666772
To be fair I only picked up that heart because I had like 5 HP left, I didn't think it would actually warp me on the bed
>>
Do I only need to install the game and then MTA?
>>
>>46667134
See >>46645258
>>
>>46636017
I wonder of someone will take over as tye host you stop doing it
>>
>>46667134
Hostanon will put up the pre-download just before the server goes up, be sure to get that too.
>>
>>46667143
Huh?
>>
>>46667079
That's how they getcha
First it's health, then anal sex, before you know it you're running a B&B in Vancouver with a man named Phil.
>>
>>46667167
I wanted to say that I was wondering if someone else would take up the role of hosting these once OP gives up and stops doing it
>>
>>46667226
Someone probably will, the host has said he would release all the server files when he does retire.
>>
>>46667226
Don't worry about that kinda thing right now, anon. Enjoy the server whenever it does go up.
>>
>>46662730
Great work! Not only that model is more optimized but looks better than the MMD one imo.

>>46645654
Not sure if you will use the IMG resources today but here they are anyway. I updated the skin loader and character selection area with the new models converted by the other anons, also Included is a IMG loading resource for the vehicle mods as well https://litter.catbox.moe/ggcylb.rar
>>
>>46651731
NO!
>>
File: 112999741_p0.jpg (382 KB, 1382x1865)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
I'm making a few last-minute tweaks and edits to a couple of things and we'll be golden. I should (hopefully) have the pre-DL and the server up within the hour. Thanks!

>>46667226
>>46667237
At least wait for me to be dead first before you mooks start talking about who you'll replace me with!

>>46667430
Cheers anon, thanks!
>>
>>46662730
I've also added her in too, she looks great. Thanks anon!
>>
>>46667570
Here's the second part of the resources for today, just a couple of updated scripts and 2 new maps https://litter.catbox.moe/veb5bs.rar
>>
File: 1668319568246534.jpg (87 KB, 1505x1004)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>46667570
I am thankful you're always late with this. I have just finished my exams for today and I'm glad I wont be late. I fucking hate economics
>>46667747
Do we plebians need to download this or is it just for host-kun?
>>
>>46667804
>Do we plebians need to download this or is it just for host-kun?
No, all these litter.catbox links are for the host, normal players don't need to download them.
>>
>>46666772
This is great. I wonder what they are all thinking.
>>
File: DONT LOOK.png (169 KB, 599x270)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>46667987
A mixture of this and lecherous Ojii-san.
>>
File: 1518211938706.jpg (247 KB, 1440x622)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
Thanks for your patience! The server will be up imminently! Lets hope I didn't forget anything. There are two pre-downloads today, due to the size of them. Please be sure to download both. Merge the resouces folder with the one in MTA.mods>deathmatch>resources and overwrite/merge all.

part 1:
https://mega.nz/file/nx8mQCjD#UNwwq-Da4AcgLS12galHSAPKxqOAuF5cUUwWoCUrzXg

part 2:
https://mega.nz/file/mxFmUaDZ#tS17qwNxZSJoYgVTui_5VF059F4OdyexLvGU7OKBoZo

For the new anons all I'll say is to behave yourselves and don't be a nuisance, just use common-sense; don't use stupid slang or whatever. A lot's changed over 5 years, and I don't mind if you're well-intentioned, but if you're not really sure what to expect and don't want to embarrass yourself, lurking to get a feel for things is always a good idea.

Conversely for you grandpa anons, if you've been here for however many years then you should know what to expect. It's fine to call people out on stupidity and I thank you for it, but if you've made your point don't keep nagging on it. Overzealous backseat moderation can be as annoying as people saying stupid stuff and being here for a while doesn't give you an excuse to be unruly. If someone persistently keeps acting in bad faith then I'll take care of it.

With my admonishments out of the way, just relax, blow some stuff up, and take it easy. I'll give people some time to download and then throw the server up.

>>46667747
Thanks!
>>
File: 1695554719348757.png (4 KB, 137x164)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>46668066
Am I doing it right?
>>
>>46668114
I think those go into resources directly
>>
>>46668114
Ah I must've forgotten to give the P2 a resource subfolder for convenience. That's correct; just move IMGskin, IMGveh, modloader2 and skinselector into resources as well.
>>
>>46667987
"God I wish that were me"
>>
>>46666772
Eugh. I thought this was going to be a fun little gaming sesh but there's ERP in the server? I'm out.
>>
>>46668151
You have to get sexed in
>>
>>46668151
There isn't actually.
>>
>>46668066
The pre-dl sure grew big in these 5 years, I can't download it all because MEGA wants me to pay.
>>
>>46668206
Are you using a VPN? I downloaded it all when I disabled my VPN.
>>
>>46668206
Use the megasync app, I already have it installed for downloading doujin music.
>>
LET ME IN
>>
>>46668206
I had to keep changing IPs because of that bullshit.
>>
How do I play this locally by myself?
>>
>>46668211
No, not using a VPN currently

>>46668215
Oh yeah, that program. I could try.
>>
>>46668206
Try a different browser. I got the same message but that worked for me.
>>
>>46668206
here you go
https://pastebin.com/KsJLmuuw
>>
What's the IP to join?

Or is the server not up yet?
>>
>>46668249
I don't think it's up yet
>>
We shall do this to pass the time
>>
>>46668276
Meiling-sama is so cool!
>>
>>46668206
It's a bit more bloated out than it usually should be today since >>46667747 is ALL the models we're currently using crammed into a different script for a little memory-leak experiment, adding roughly an extra 1 GB. If everything works as it should there'll be no need for the redundancy and it'll go back down to the usual size.

>>46668249
It'll be up in about 5 minutes! Being fashionably late is tradition, and I'm giving a bit of extra time than usual for anons to download since there's a bit more than usual today.

A small heads-up, we'll also give gang wars a try today since it's been, quite literal, years since we've last played it! There may be one or two server restarts just to make sure everything goes smoothly.
>>
>>46668276
Měilíng-sama is so cool!
>>
>>46668276
Měilíng-sama is so cool!
>>
>>46668206
>The pre-dl sure grew big in these 5 years,
The bloat it's my fault, but if the IMG thing works and solves the memory leaks, the host will be able to get rid of all the outdated mod loading resources and the pre-download will go back to a less than 600mb size.
>>
>>46668284
Alright, I'm assuming most anons should be at least close to being done DLing by now. The server is UP. Disaster, misfortune, and dark days await! Happy anniversary!

Name: /jp/dream
Pass: Meido
IP: 68.205.10.187

TO REGISTER: Type a username and password and then hit register. Then login.

F9 contains a list of basic controls and commands if you need a refresher on anything.
>>
>>46668340
When i try and register I get an error
>>
>>46668409
never mind got it working
>>
ebean crashing
>>
I don't want no trouber
>>
File: 1639954623247.jpg (35 KB, 357x333)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
too much chaos, crash
>>
did the server go down cant seem to find it
>>
Getting them in nice and early!
>>
File: greatStart.png (57 KB, 396x129)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
off to a great start
>>
>>46668528
The serversided peds were actually enough to outright stall the server with this many people.

30 minutes of network trouble is the authentic anniversary experience.
>>
>>46668528
Same here, I think server crashed
>>
It's part of the experience.
>>
I did a wheelie and the server and my game crashed.
>>
I was getting like 20 FPS max most of the time lmao

Anyone else?
>>
>>46668566
the server's just started, things are usually unstable for a while until it gets settled in
>>
>>46668566
Me too.I thought it was just my old PC.
>>
File: Screenshot (495).png (71 KB, 988x258)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
:(
>>
well I can't login or register, I guess that's it
>>
>>46668901
It works for me, I guess there was some lag
>>
>>46668901
Just some growing pains. It did that for me too.
>>
>>46668901
guess it was the server cap, the host increased it so it's now 40/52
>>
server restart?
>>
Server ded right now?
>>
server is kill...
>>
File: Enlightenment.png (107 KB, 968x427)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
I think so
>>
Rip server
>>
Geez even gamemode switches are a bit unwieldy, going to give it a moment and see if it manages to right itself, honestly never thought we'd be encroaching close to 50 players, makes things chug a little when we've got so many different anons from all over the world.
>>
Server claimed by the void.
>>
we reached nirvana
>>
File: network toraburu.png (405 KB, 1017x1080)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>46669137
The True Administrator's power...
>>
File: network futo.png (159 KB, 447x799)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
Post network troubles
>>
>>46669148
When the fiftieth person joined the MTA code somehow calculated the Question to Life, the Universe, and Everything before imploding in on itself due to the paradox that creates to the Answer.
>>
It's back...
>>
File: Stone cold.webm (1.22 MB, 1280x720)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB WEBM
>>46669155
>>
>>46669172
That was me, I thought killing people would respawn them outside of Nirvana and since I was the only one not stuck on my end... I had to do it, I had to do it, I had to do it... Forgive me, Forgive me, Forgive me, Forgive me
>>
>>46669149
what have you done to her hair
>>
>>46669172
allahu snackbar'd
>>
>>
I hid the chat and can't get it back ;_;
>>
>>46669787
open console with ~ and type shownametags (without the slash like you'd normally do in chat)
>>
>>46669787
>>46669791
or woops, meant to say type showchat
>>
There we go
>>
I did the funny
>>
I'll make it to the very end of a session again one day. Thanks for all the fun and *** NETWORK TROUBLE *** as always!
>>
And that's a wrap. Thanks to all who showed, and happy anniversary! A lot's changed over 5 years but I still enjoy doing this.
>>
File: 1691232261322982.png (1.79 MB, 1920x1080)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
Thanks for hosting!
>>
File: croppedYukari.png (138 KB, 634x414)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
Thanks for hosting

I hope that when the day comes that you decide to stop doing this, it comes with the satisfaction of knowing you did a good job, rather than disappointment that it's over
>>
did someone manage to record this year's anniversary cutscene?
>>
I am dying so I will psot stuff tomorrow, thank you for hosting goodnight!
>>46671366
yes
>>
File: 1691961319504308.png (988 KB, 1920x1080)
988 KB
988 KB PNG
>>
File: 1713167185066478.png (2.03 MB, 1920x1080)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>>
>>46671366
https://files.catbox.moe/t3orgo.mp4

Thanks everyone, I'm glad everything worked out
>>
>>46671405
awesome!
>>
It's barely over and I'm already nostalgic for it.
>>
File: fire and explosions.png (2.32 MB, 1920x1080)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB PNG
You guys went on for a while, about 12 hours total. I envy your endurance. One day I'll make it all the way to the end. Thanks for hosting!
>>
>>46671345
Cute Enoko
>>
File: jaypeebus.png (1.01 MB, 1366x768)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
thank you for hosting!
>>
fun times but my game froze and I went to bed
>>
a few more important screenshots
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1684016880680237.png (1.56 MB, 1440x900)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
Thanks everyone. It was a lot of fun!
>>
>>
>>
The red army.
>>
https://litter.catbox.moe/wqmiwq.mp4
>>
>>
>>
>>
didnt manage to stay until the end but i had fun, thx for hosting!
>>
I quit because I had to go to work, kek. It was quite fun, even thought I barely interacted with anyone.
>>
Going to dump a handful of screenshots, if you took any screenshots using the in game camera they're in Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\Gallery by the way
>>
>>46675522
>>
>>46675532
>>
>>46675539
>>
>>46675544
>>
>>46675560
>>
>>46675567
>>
>>46675573
>>
>>46675581
>>
>>46675586
>>
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/8720yt.webm
https://files.catbox.moe/bw6rgd.mp4
I will forever regret not filming tsurupettan performance, it looked so much more fun than playing it alone
>>
>>46675776
These are broken for me.
>>
File: RT Accelerator Top.jpg (856 KB, 1980x765)
856 KB
856 KB JPG
I shared an arrange of The Road of the Misfortune God ~ Dark Road and Dark Side of Fate, later on.
Some people didn't get to hear it unfortunately! Must of been fate.

Almost everything was made pic related, barring some old outboard effect modules.

https://files.catbox.moe/btkgtk.flac
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rFnTkboZxo4ftFz1pZhZ_mE6XBZuuwfF/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1696102350994920.gif (643 KB, 798x599)
643 KB
643 KB GIF
>>46675847
Nice!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>46671405
Nice! I was too tired tired to remember to record it myself. It was difficult to think of a good theme this year that'd stand out; I'd originally made for it to be outside the SDM, but I wasn't happy with how it ended up looking, so I completely gutted it and redid it inside the interior. It's shorter than I'd have liked because of that but I'm happy with how the final scene turned out.

>>46671354
Since it's the 5 year anniversary I'll give my two cents on something like this for once. Really, I'd say the hardest part of this is people. In the sense that if it were single-player, I could take as much time as I want and just casually chip away at things and add new stuff at leisure without worry. The fact that it's multiplayer means that there are obligations, expectations and responsibilities that come along with trying to wrangle now-close-to-50 people and trying to keep things from becoming circlejerky/chaotic/everything collapsing from some inane drama.

Certain things can grow to be a pain in the neck over the years by virtue of the quirks of managing people, but the reason I started this server is because I had some fun ideas for things I wanted to try making, and that is still what I enjoy the most even if I'm slower about it these days. With that in mind, times change and it's inevitable people may become bitter over things, or miss the way things used to be. All I can say is I've tried my best to hold this together over the years and I'll also express my thanks to all of you as well for keeping yourselves more or less in check over the years.

>>46675847
Great tunes anon.
>>
>>46675776
>>46675786
Sorry, catbox has been all over the place lately
https://uguu.molniya.xyz/files/WZLUjNiY.webm
https://uguu.molniya.xyz/files/ZkivtUYY.mp4
>>
>>46675985
>obligations, expectations and responsibilities
Having a fear of these things will only make you feel really bad, it's always better to just do whatever you feel like doing rather than feeling obligated to others. Just take it easy as they say. If when want to keep doing stuff then that's great but also feel no fear of if you want to stop and do other things.
>>
>>46675985
Honestly things have been handled very well and despite the server having a new record of 42+ players at once, everyone was on their best behavior and it was a very fun, nice session, no complaints at all.
>>
I really wanted to join this but forgot. When will the next server host be? I really want to be a part of this, once. I've watched these threads come by for the last 5 years and the OP post has me scared I might never get to play with you all.
>>
>>46675985
I was very unhappy I didn't get a turn at rock band and I will not be coming back next time.I'm just kidding rock band is gay
>>
>>46676096
It's only gay when the drumsticks touch
>>
>>46675776
>I will forever regret not filming tsurupettan performance, it looked so much more fun than playing it alone
Someone said they were also recording it, so it's not lost forever.
>>
>>46675847
Finally got to hear it and it's a pretty unique take on Hina's theme, thanks! I'll be sure to share some OC for you in game next time the server's up.
>>
I haven't had such a bad hangover in a while. Means it was very fun! Shame my audio kept borking out, affected some recordings too.
https://litter.catbox.moe/158ulw.mp4
https://litter.catbox.moe/7ts5e4.mp4
https://litter.catbox.moe/850zq7.mp4
https://litter.catbox.moe/nlnxsl.mp4
>>46675522
Shit, this is actually useful. I have some pictures from last year there, stopped using the camera precisely because I thought it didn't do anything.
>>46675985
I've been nothing but happy every time I join, though maybe part of that is me just being too chill of a person. Either way, as long as people are aware (and sometimes reminded) that they need to be decent people, things will be a-okay.
>>
I'm doomed to never make it to these things in time.
>>
>>46675985
No complaints from me, I had a lot of fun. Even if it were just freeroam I'd have a hell of a time playing with everyone. I just wish I could actually make it to the end, four hours is a lot and I missed the anniversary cutscene...
>>46675522
I should use the camera more, a hell of a lot better than doing console to remove the hud.
>>
>>46676004
I just noticed the colors of the spotlights are synced with the danmaku video, that's neat detail.
>>
I was waiting for a next time to join since I haven't in a while and I unfortunately missed it. Will there be another time after or is it too late? I understand if the other day might have been the final time.

I missed everyone.
>>
>>46679450
Only other regular times is holidays like christmas/new years and maybe halloween. I would've missed it if I wasn't refreshing the catalogue daily a the start of april. It'll sneak up on you if you're not proactive.
>>
>>46677089
>stopped using the camera precisely because I thought it didn't do anything.

It does. But before 1.6 update i believe it took pictures that were very reduced in quality. Compared to just using the screenshot hot key. The sort of work around to get high quality images while using the camera was to use the camera to view, but use the screenshot hot key instead of snapping a photo using the fire button.

But with 1.6 the camera should take high quality images now so you can get zoomed in shots like >>46675869 without that work around. I still use the screenshot key with camera out habit though.
>>
>>46675944
uwa, okuu cameltoe…
>>
Something silly I made in about 20 minutes.
https://uguu.molniya.xyz/files/NtPCtoXD.mp4
>>
>>46681327
That explains why there was a random tank in town, seeing the other side perspective of things is really fun. I nearly shit myself driving past and almost catching a shell. This is great!
Kappa-Yamawaro wargames mode when?
>>
>>46681327
That looks like a lot of fun, I was on the other side of the mountain and didn't get to see the tank rampage live.
>>
>>46681327
I love this.
>>
File: nitoriTank.jpg (798 KB, 850x601)
798 KB
798 KB JPG
>>46681327
Very nice, I made a beeline for the tank on the next round but the round ended before I even got it down the mountain
>>
>>46677927
>I should use the camera more, a hell of a lot better than doing console to remove the hud.

If you want you set up keybinds for hud elements you can do the following:

when ingame open the console with the ` key,

type the following (then press enter):

bind rshift shownametags
bind rctrl showhud
bind ralt showchat

These will bind the hud commands to right shift, right control, and right alt
If you wish to unbind the right shift key, for example, it's just "unbind rshift" in the console and it will unbind everything on that key.

It doesn't have to be these keys specifically, you can bind them to many number of keys: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Key_names
Once a key is binded it will also show up on the keybinds in the settings menu.

If you want remove the hud in one key press, you just assign multiple commands to one key

bind rshift shownametags
bind rshift showhud
bind rshift showchat

For right shift, as an example.
This also isn't limited to just hud commands, any command and be binded to the available key names (/dance1, /sit 1, /music, /stations, /graffiti, etc.) that the server uses.
>>
>>
File: plane.png (755 KB, 1366x768)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
>>
>>46682756
this is a powerful image
>>
Thank you for hosting and thank you to everyone for being so fun to play with.
https://uguu.molniya.xyz/files/sdfpRgjs.mp4 (big file)
https://uguu.molniya.xyz/files/ScVbqBX.mp4 (small encode)
I'll post a catbox link once that's up again.
>>
>>46689545
Nice video Anon! Maybe next time I can play a few I made a while ago in the theater after I reupload them.
>>
File: gta_sa_Y8Y2wha5A4.png (225 KB, 455x370)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>
>>46689545
Very nice work anon
>>
>>46689545
https://files.catbox.moe/k0nib4.mp4
>>
Damn. I missed it.
>>
File: 1573322279310.jpg (81 KB, 960x640)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>46684196
>fairyskirtflipper
based name
>>
File: cow.png (2.65 MB, 1920x1080)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>46689545
Love this stuff. I need to get some extra storage to record far more random happenings in the future.
>>
File: china approves.jpg (68 KB, 600x559)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>46682563
>This also isn't limited to just hud commands, any command and be binded to the available key names (/dance1, /sit 1, /music, /stations, /graffiti, etc.) that the server uses.

I've been playing this for a long time and didn't know that, thanks anon!
>>
when is the next time the server will be able
>>
>>46698398
halloween maybe
>>
>>46689545
That's awesome, I'll keep watching this from time to time until the next time the server's up.
>>
newfag here, guess I missed out. any of this stuff made for offline use or strictly for the server? Hoping I can be around next time server is up
>>
>>46706934
I'd only bother downloading MTA and getting it working, the mods get updated every time so there's no real point downloading them if you can't play on that session.

I don't think they're really intended for any kind of singleplayer experience since they're all minigames with no AI to speak of, but by all means dick around if you want to.
>>
>>46707028
I just wanted to take a look at the free roam map since it looks like the anons who put this all together used a lot of effort. gotta keep an eye out for these threads to make sure I dont miss the next one
>>
>>46675985
Will there be another game session before the big break?
>>
>>46697026
>>46689545
What program do you guys use to record game footage?
>>
File: kuruminigun.png (2.69 MB, 1920x1080)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
>>46713856
Shadowplay, I have the Instant Replay feature turned on and save stuff as it happens. Use avidemux to cut down the video into the important bits, though I have zero clue about optimizing quality vs file size.
>>
>>46713856
I use Streamlabs Desktop, it has a very small performance impact and decent filesize to quality ratio
>>
>>46713856
I also use ShadowPlay. 10 hours of footage ends up being about 200GB at 50 mbps.
>>
Will there be no follow up for the people who missed it this time? It's kind of sad how rarely these are hosted now, I like being with everyone and having fun.
>>
>>46718297
GTA is a rare host. It's a shame it can be a blink and you'll miss it thing, but it is a big event and hosting for the needs of 30-50 people without the game imploding to death is extremely taxing. It's not the small gaggle that showed up before in the early days.
I kinda prefer it this way, it's a special time of year and after missing it once the very first time I am very proactive with checking the board nearing the times it traditionally goes up, those being the anniversary and end of the year big holidays. Just get a habit of checking the board anyway for the other stuff that comes and goes and occasional gem of a thread. There's always new people who miss it which is a shame, but just mark halloween on your calendar and wait warmly for the next time. Only host knows how much longer he wants to wrangle cats.
>>
>>46718297
For something this old I think it being a rarer thing makes it a little special, because it's still around at all. I think of it the same as the gikopoi threads where they're just a little annual get-together for the board.
>>
>>46636755
>>46636853
Strange seeing another generation of /jp/ers being nostalgic for a /jp/ I never really experienced, I left years before this even went down. I'm happy for you guys, things changed for me but I'm glad there's still a /jp/ community here.
>>
>>46720353
>>46718297
I hope the host anon can at least give us a hint to know when to start F5'ing the catalog.
>>
>>46724925
Just add a filter that puts "GTA" or "Grand Theft" at the top of the catalog.
>>
>>46721628
>Strange seeing another generation of /jp/ers being nostalgic for a /jp/ I never really experienced

I'd bet a lot of the anons who join this are long time /jp/ lurkers, it feels older than it actually is.
>>
Looking forward to play with /jp/ again....
>>
>>46721570
>I think of it the same as the gikopoi threads where they're just a little annual get-together for the board.
gikopoi still exists? I thought that died when flash got discontinued.
>>
Can any of the modeling anons convert this hermit? https://bowlroll.net/file/281609
>>
>>46732321
You don't have to wait long!
>>46739294

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.