[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there a country where you love the food but dislike the people? I'm making butter chicken, but I've had bad experiences with Indian restaurants trying to scam me, so now I'm making butter chicken at home to avoid going to any Indian restaurant.
>>
>>196450657
I've never tried Indian food, because the first time I went into an Indian restaurant it was such a nightmare experience that I left without ordering anything, and have never gone back.
>>
File: Fugusaar.jpg (1.1 MB, 3024x4032)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>196450686
Yeah, it can be very chaotic in some foreign owned restaurants. A lot are ment to accommodate their fellow people from their culture group instead of Westerners.
Also pic related is my butter chicken I made at home.
>>
>>196451100
That looks yum anon, I need to try this. Great idea cooking it from home so you know it's safe to eat.
My experience was so bizarre, that I've never had it happen before or since. I went into an Indian restaurant alone just after they'd opened at 11 am. I asked the maitre d if I could use the restroom before ordering, and he said no problem. So I'm in the restroom, when this guy barges in, it's a small restroom with one urinal, one stall, and he starts yelling at me to get it. I stopped peeing and immediately washed my hands and was too shocked to know what to do. I found that he was the owner, and acted insane, like I'm a complete trashoid for needing to pee? Anyway he followed me into the dining room cussing at me, and I just said I gotta get out of the place, not ordering food somewhere that I'm being yelled at. The owner ran in the back and got his other male relatives to come out and chase me out of there. I thought they were going to jump me. It was ridiculous, this happened in California, not India.
>>
>>196450657
>>196450686
>>196451100
I love indian cuisine. But I do not trust indians to make it. Because every single time I've been sick with food poisoning, it's always been after eating at an indian run establishment. It hasn't always been indian food. There was a dominos near me that was indian operated. I got real sick from their too. And all I had was some cheesesticks.
>>
At this indian place near me the owner is always sitting right in the center of the place glaring at whoever walks in. Food is good though. I think he hates it because he's actually Pakistani and it's a Pakistani restaurant but I just order the tikka masala off the menu.
>>
>>196451320
Wow that's eye opening. I've heard about the lack of hygiene at Indian places. Luckily I've never eaten at one, I really hate food poisoning and would rather go hungry than risk it. I've only gotten sick at a Chinese restaurant once, and a Mexican restaurant. I've had really good luck with not getting sick at the restaurants I eat at, minus those 2 times.
>>
File: MyhomeButterchicken.jpg (3.93 MB, 4032x3024)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB JPG
>>196451246
Lmao, that sure sounds like the experience.
From my experience with Indian restaurants, many times they didn't give me the correct change or charged me more than the amount listed on the menu.
>>196451399
The worst food poisoning I ever had was from a Mexican restaurant. I puked blood from how bad the illness was.
>>
>>196450657
That describes Cubans right there, there's some places by me with really good Cubanos and picadillo and shit but they're always so rude towards gringos, hard af to find real Cuban bread as well lmao

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.