[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File deleted.
2 of my great grandparents fought in WW2, each on a different front. One was at Pearl Harbor and The Battle Of Coral Sea but he managed to avoid any injury. The other was at the Battle Of The Bulge where he got shot and waited in a ditch for hours until he got rescued.

Does your family history have any interesting WW2 stories?
>>
my grandfather on my fathers side volunteered for the waffen ss
>>
One part of my family sold material to both sides and another was doing some eugenic experiments on gypsies and finns
>>
My grandpa crashed a plane in Alaska, apparently it's in a museum somewhere
>>
My great grandpa (dad's side) survived gulags as a Soviet POW and then fought at Monte Cassino as a soldier of The Eighth British Army

My grandpa (mom's side) witnessed the site of a massacre in a nearby village after Germans shot the villagers
>>
>>196440127
Grandad led Malawians against the Japs in Burma.
>>
>>196440172
>>196440199
Most demented nationality
>>
>>196440172
>>196440199
Is this typical for Sweden? I actually don't know much about their involvement in WW2. I also forgot to mention that my pacific front great grandpa possibly has a triple digit jap kill count since he manned anti aircraft guns.
>>
>>196440310
Are you Chewa or was he a huwhite
>>
>>196440324
Nah
>>196440344
Swedes didn't really fight in either world wars except for some volunteers for the finns and germans
>>
>>196440377
He was Anglo, formerly Royal Hampshire Regiment then transferred to help command 2 (Nyasaland) Kings African Rifles.
After the war he went to Kenya to put down the Mau Mau rebellion, where he met my Irish grandmother.
>>
>>196440344
we played both sides for as long as possible and also donated like a third of our military to finland to stop the soviet invasion

its kind of weird
in the first world war most volounteers went to fight against germany and then in the 2nd war most volounteers went to fight for germany
>>
>>196440127
>Battle Of The Bulge
Lmao there's a battle named that?
>>
>>196440127
My great grandpa killed some poor ukrainians, they just kept coming from forest like they didnt give a shit do they die or live
>>
>>196440127
my grandpa managed to dodge the draft because of a minor kidney problem
>>
>>196441124
BaZed. Zinland used to be so Zazed.
>>
One of my grandfather was in the wafen ss while an other was in the red army
>>
>>196440199
>eugenic experiments on Finns
interesting...
>>
My great-grandfather shoveled shit in Queretaro during World War II.
>>
>>196440127
my grandfather fought in the 6 day war in Egypt and told me they would find random Egyptian boots in the middle of the sand so they could run away faster. he also fought in Lebanon (twice) and said the first time they entered Lebanon the Christians threw rice at them like it was a wedding because they were so happy. he told me he brought back cherries and they were good
>>
>>196440127
My grandfather was too young to serve even by the end of the war but he had memories from that time and the admiration he spoke about America with is something I will never forget. Sad to know that WW2 will be leaving living memory soon, we are basically the last generation that actually got to talk to people that lived through the war.
>>
My grandfather died in auschwitz
>>
>>196440199
Zased
>>
he fell from the watch tower
>>
My dad's uncle fought in Monte Cassino
My great-grandpa was murdered by the nazis
>>
>>196440127
Same actually. One fought in Midway, and the other was in the Invasion of Normandy, and Sicily.
Found out later that my long time friend and roommates great grandfather fought alongside mine in Italy, but he was an Italian resistance fighter.
>>
>>196440172
>>196440199
Based. Had a Hitler supporter in my family as well but he didn't join SS
>>
>>196442764
I guess that's better than being involved in WW2
>>
File: 1713282875396841.jpg (74 KB, 587x669)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
My great grandfather served but didnt want to use gun so he just rode a bicycle around tents.
>>
>>196448111
Old rusty wheel they called him
>>
>>196448393
Kek.

When I told him I had to go to do my military service he muttered war is shit and military is shit and he made me promise I'll do my own thing no matter what. He died next year because he fell from his roof while using a chainsaw.
>>
Great grandfather served at Gallipoli and the Western Front in WWI.
>>
>>196440127
My granddad fought in North Africa, I'm brown though
>>
>>196448111
Yes we have around 3 billion goyim driving around products on my highways. They are like bug people who always carry products so they can build more. They keep building more houses for more goyim made of steel.
>>
my grandpa was enlisted to fight for fascist Italy but after september 1943 his division joined the Americans liberating southern Italy from the fascists lol
>>
>>196448605
Any other funny stories

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.