[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708028920642379.jpg (54 KB, 640x736)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Why is Cuba still sanctioned in current year. No one cares about their little commie revolution anymore. They are just a little irrelevant island in the carribean.

Lift the embargo now!
>>
>>196427744
they invaded us
>>
>>196427744
Because communism bad and Jews good
>>
>>196427744
Cuban diaspora does, both parties try to pander to cuban diaspora due to their location in a (supposedly) swing state of Florida.
But given how its going more and more republican, democrats might just say fuck it and consider Florida to be a lost cause
>>
>>196427744
for the same reason Haiti still have to pay it debts to Africa. firstoid are just evil people who build their empires on innocent's blood.
>>
>>196427744
Obama tried to lift it but basically any Republican president will brute force it back into place to keep the loyalty of psychotic Miami Cuban immigrants. There's like thousands of people in South Florida who think they'd be rich sugar barons if not for Castro.
>>
>>196427829
You're pretty well informed Turkanon. Obama tried to lift the embargo but Trump immediately put it back and started promising the Bay of Pigs vets that he'd do regime change.
>>
>>196427968
its a terror state that tried to stage an invasion of israel
if i said what should be done there id get jannied
>>
Will the CIA sponsor me if I offer to go topple the communist regime with a ragtag band of contras?
>>
>>196427787
both are the same thing
>>
>>196427968

Let's be honest anon, they probably had decent lives, and it looked like a fun and prosperous place before everything screeched to a halt and everyone was forcibly impoverished. It would in fact have been the top 25% of society being forced out as their things/businesses were being seized and some of them even lined up and shot.
>>
>>196428127
I see your point, but I'd argue that upper 25% probably didn't have it as good as their descendants imagine it. Ancestral myths are a big thing, even among well-assimilated immigrant populations.

A few generations of telling and re-telling the same story and all of a sudden your grandpa who was a Sergeant in Batista's army (respected, owned a home, got solid kickbacks from US Gangsters) is now a Colonel who had a Hacienda in the country and wrote poetry and rode horses or whatever.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.