[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: F8qCOPzaEAAV90k.jpg (731 KB, 1893x1398)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
>Artist has posts having as high as 1k likes, while others are as low as 20 despite them all being the same in technical quality
How does this happen?
Pic unrel
>>
I think pic is very rel
The high like art is almost always fanart or responding b quote to a big page
>>
>>7160233
Likes aren't indicative of quality.
>>
File: 90429724_p0_master1200.jpg (446 KB, 775x1200)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
It's not that rare for one of your pieces to explode, and then none of that translates into follows/views of your other work. Friend who made picrel saw a lot of engagement and reposts, but their social media barely improved from it.
>>
>>7160233
You get cucked by the algoritm TM
>>
>>7160247
why would anyone follow for some generic Makima pulling collar done a million times ? sure it's not beg tier but nothing that would make me go damn I should follow this guy for more
>>
>>7160233
Appeal >>>>>>>>>>> striking gold on Twitter by mere chance >>>>>>>>>>> Technical quality
>>
>>7160233
Twitter is all about luck
>>
>>7160233
Artistic skill has nothing to do with whether you will be favored by the algorithm such that it shoves your work into everyone's face.
>>
File: not mine.jpg (349 KB, 849x1200)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
Some communities are hyper autistic and will like whatever you post as long as the right tag is on it. 90% of my engagment comes from accidentally pandering to said degenerates.
>>
>>7160233
As someone who does variety content, people are more likely to stick around if you cater to their niche. Whether it be a fetish or a franchise focus. It's less about ability and skill, but moreso about who you're appealing to. Algorithm aside.
>>
>>7160292
>why would anyone follow for some generic Makima pulling collar done a million times ?
>>7160247
That anon is right, you have to make something worth following.
I'm a Makima simp, and recently I followed an artist on Instagram because of her.
His version is not only well drawn but sexy since she's wearing a lingerie.
I'm not sure I'd follow your "friend" tho, his Makima is kinda meh.
>>
>>7160430
>THIS
People generally like consistency so you're better off niching down instead of trying to appeal to everyone.
I know a /beg/ that pull 1k+ likes every time they post because they're always drawing the same thing (RWBY lesbians)
>>
File: borat(1).jpg (54 KB, 841x720)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>7160233
>TFW recent drawings of my OC perform just as well, if not better than my fotm fanart
It's both great and kinda weird.
>>
File: Makima by ThirdPHP.png (243 KB, 294x455)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>7160247
How about your friend draw a sexy Makima?
Git gud scrub.
>>
>>7160689
>drawings of my OC perform just as well, if not better than my fotm fanart
It just means that your fotm fanart is shit.
>>
>>7160233
Was it coom?
>>
>>7160233
Jesus Christ, what's up with this board not understanding that technical quality in social media doesn't matter? Were you born yesterday? Did you never hear the word algorithm before? Luck is 90% of why certain posts makes bigger numbers than others, shove it in your head. Youtube is maybe the most "meritocratic" one, but thumbnail click rate is more important than content for the success of a video, and the shift towards tiktok type of videos makes luck even more important, why do you think the video of a girl making silly faces is the most liked despite actually being some good content out there? It's always been like this, face reality.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.