[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Personally, what would need to happen for you to hold your head high and say "I am a great artist"?
>>
File: 1683753357181093.jpg (159 KB, 920x869)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
when i can move out
>>
when people want to suck my cock because of it
everything else is cope
>>
>>7159634
That’s an interesting question. I think if you can make art you confidently feel is at least a little better than what you found most inspiring at the start then you should also feel confident that you’ve reached a certain level of greatness.
>>
File: 054431399294.jpg (23 KB, 474x266)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>7159634
get threads made about me on /ic/ by jealous crabs
>>
>>7159637
I feel sorry for the person who made this. It’s okay to not feel happy with where you are in life but I hope they don’t feel bad about themselves on top of it. Whether or not it was a wise decision I think they should be proud they actually tried to work hard at a thing they care about instead of just being bitter and not doing anything or persuing something they hate.
>>
>>7159634
Never gonna happen. I'm too self critical to ever think that. I doubt my skills will ever surpass my critical eye.
>>
>>7159634
>Good artist:
Live professionally off my work
>Great artist:
I'd have to be known, with a piece in a famous gallery or a work that is widely regarded as excellent.
Neither of these milestones will ever be reached but it's a nice thought.
>>
>>7159634
I'm sure we all have personal goals, and when we reach them, that's usually when someone would say they're good.

>>7159637
Who's the artist of that image? A quick image search brings back dick all.

>>7159655
That degree isn't even useless. It can be used to get advertising work, or really any design/art job, as it shows formal training in the arts, but animation skills are always in demand. Hell, if he made his comic (and made use of those skills), he could have been published - but it seems like he hadn't (given life gets in the way, it's understandable, but it's not like he couldn't have done something).
>>
>>7159634
What would genuinely do the trick is for my coomer audience to send me videos of themselves masturbating to my drawings. No, it's not some weird groomer thing, 18 + only you sickos.

I am 100% serious. I actually want this, and I think it would fundamentally change me as a person. I struggle with self esteem and valuing my art, and I automatically doubt the intentions of everyone that claims to like it. I think "you're just being fake," or "you don't really like it like that." I just can't believe it when it's words on the internet. They can claim to jerk off to my work 20 times a week, but what proof is there of this? For all I know they're just bots or CIA agents.

Just once. Just once, I want to see their eyes bulging and their cocks throbbing and their vaginas and neo-vaginas clenching and dripping and queefing as they stare like hypnotized reptiles into my grotesque sexual imagination. I want to hear their altered breathing, witness the orgiastic trance sweep across them like the shadow of God. I want to watch their instinctive journey towards that moment of nirvana in all its strange mind eradicating glory, to see their hips compulsively thrust and arc as they slump on their office chairs, mouths agape as they lose control and surrender their pretenses of human dignity to the all encompassing impulse of the Great Void that impels life and death.

And there, on the screen, one of my drawings, a fragment of my imagination squeezed out into a visual impression, a mere droplet of ambrosia in this ocean, a droplet they have imbibed and that has spread through them, taken hold of them, entered their brain and momentarily allowed them to share in the experience of my primal sex drive.

Seeing such a thing would be like a spiritual experience. If I saw something like that, even if I thought I wasn't a great artist in general, I would truly believe that I am at least great to somebody, to someone, in this painful life.

I would weep like I've never wept.
>>
>>7159698
https://www.deviantart.com/francoisl-artblog/about
>>
>>7159634
>what would need to happen for you to hold your head high and say "I am a great artist"?
Millions of fans saying they love my art and they're grateful that I created it.
>>
When I can make great art
>>
File: 1711215641013.jpg (544 KB, 2048x1310)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
>>7159634
I want to be able to do something like this, like say make fanart for a series that would instantly be in the running for the best ever made.
https://x.com/TuDou_EstOr/status/1781628225527111830
>>
>>7159634
>what would need to happen for you to hold your head high and say "I am a great artist"
OP anon, I don't even know anymore. I really don't. I could get magically poofed and have the skills of Miura, Toriyama, and Murata combined, and I don't think I would be happy. I'm think I'm dead inside, like fundamentally broken. I don't know what will make me happy anymore.
>>
>>7159651
You probably made it if you have your own personal schizoid
>>
>>7159721
>I am notably the author of "Geraldine & Mona", a children's comic book available at Myria Editions. And I'm currently working on the sequels, as well as other projects!
So he's training served him well in the end. Good to see it worked out.
>>
When my art inspires people to do good things
>>
>>7159851
Anime hero tier response
>>
>>7159854
I meant in a moral sense. Less of a heroic and more of a prayerful manner
>>
>>7159634
>posts AIslop
>>
>>7159868
Nope, just generic coom slop made by hand.
https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=5448695&tags=ohisashiburi+micchan_%28ohisashiburi%29+
>>
File: 1623407172945.jpg (36 KB, 500x499)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>7159870
the hands bro
>>
>>7159873
Negro, this artist has been posting since 2017, possibly before. They just suck at hands.
>>
>>7159880
>the hands
>the foot
>random green bit
>extra bra strap
>the shell treated as 3 separate things
>classic ai hue hiding for no reason
>the arms and sleeves in general
>>
>>7159634

For me to look upon my own work and not see garbage
>>
>>7159884
https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=ohisashiburi
Links to his pixiv as well. If that doesn't convince you then I suppose you might as well keep on with the hysterics.
>>
>>7159894
Why would it convince me? Someone that didn't use something in the past means they'll never use it? You haven't addressed anything I mentioned. If anything it would convince me otherwise, how can someone drawing that long not catch that the foot makes literally 0 sense in the sketch?
>>
If I personally liked anything I produced and /ic/ snobs also liked it.
>>
>>7159939
The first is achievable, the second is not.
I deliberately shit on art here that I genuinely think looks good, but it depends. I always play contrarian.
>>
>>7159634
When I draw everyday, and notice myself not hiding that from people. I'm gonna start carrying a sketchbook everywhere ( I work a normal non-art job, so this would really feel weird to do now ) as the last time I kept a sketchbook was waaaay back in the 2010s when subway sketching was a trend in my city).
>>
>>7159913
killbind yourself you retarded ape

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.