[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Opinion on using anki cards to draw?
https://youtu.be/J_j3BunQ6AQ?si=rdFcvCKnHDkkys98
>>
just draw man. Just sit down, do the boring studying and learn. There's no trick, secret, or magic tool.
>>
>>7158747
who would win, OP's miku or Hogarth's cover man?
>>
>>7158747
you retards will do anything besides actually drawing huh
>>
>>7158747
He explains it well in the video. Anki doesn't specifically help that much, except for automating the scheduling and tracking your progress.
Most people here are too lazy for such a high effort study method or they just want to procrastinate by taking notes instead of actually drawing. You learn to draw by drawing.
>>
>>7158747
can you fucking tl;dr what the fuck an anki card is instead of being a mysterious fucking nigger about it i'm not watching the tranny video kill yourself faggot
>>
File: lol.png (16 KB, 750x792)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>
>>7158941
ja heil
>>
File: sfsdf.jpg (230 KB, 1353x789)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>7158752
>>7158780
the question of what to draw is always there, which is what anki helps with

>>7158786
i doubt anyone who doesn't take a course will have a schedule. all of my study materials and inspiration is scattered, so what i end up doing is just studying whatever image i find online that i like. anki can help to be more organized

>>7158789
leave this board once in a while, will you?

>>7158755
i think the answer is clear
>>
>>7158747

Might as well just make a stamp brush and get it over with.
>>
File: IMG_4172.jpg (3.1 MB, 4032x3024)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB JPG
>>7158747
>>
>>7158747
That's probably the most convoluted way to give yourself assignments each week that I ever seen. Really, you can just read the books (or courses) and make notes for assignments to do each week, and save youself, idk, an entire day each week that this method demands.

Like, really, Anki isn't made for that, so why use it instead of a good ol' exercise diary?
>>
>>7159636
>no buttocks
What's the point?
>>
Niggers
>>
>>7158747
Interesting but ultimately hes being too autistic about it.
>My method works guys
>It took me 3 years of dedicated work to prove it worked
Thats just your average learning of a new dedicated skill overly explained like some sort of pseudo science. The guy just went and drew which is exactly what you are supposed to do, and he thinks that he discovered an unknown new way to do so, which he goes on and on to explain. Hes selling snake oil of 'just fucking draw'
>>
>>7162911
NTA, I think that what hinders most people on the spectrum/methodical people is that drawing doesn't have an objective way to go about learning it. You want to learn music? Here is the chords. A language? Here is the words.

But Drawing or Painting? Sure, you can start with the fundamentals, but that shit you can explain on a afternoon, and a beg can take years to "get" them.
>>
File: 1551389936759.jpg (15 KB, 320x324)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>7158747
it's always really interesting seeing left brained stem people try to learn art. they always over complicate it and spend most of their time making spread sheets and analysing their learning methods than actually drawing.
>>
>>7162985
And right brained "artistic" people try to learn to draw and can't draw cause muh blank page syndrome, muh inspiration, muh message.
>>
>>7162985
hey retard, right half of brain is analytical/calculating, left brain is emotional.
or are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>7163620
The left brain controls language and logic, the right side handles creativity
>>
>>7163628
mandela effect
>>
>>7163620
LMAO
Anon, google next time, it's literally the opposite.
>>
I thought about it. If you're drawing regularly anyway, Anki is just an extra step. Unnecessary
>>
>>7159663
>good ol' exercise diary
post your exercise diary
It's the first time I've heard about anyone doing something like this, idea seems interesting and I'd love to see an actual example
>>
>>7164188
>>7158747
It's valid if you want to memorize names of muscles, where are they connected, proportions and so on. I use it like that and I recommend it.
>>
File: exercise_diary.png (16 KB, 678x350)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>7164260
Sure, won't post the actual page (on paper) because it's not in english, but I did a quick translation of today.
It's basically what gym bros use to tally their reps, you write the planned exercise, do it and comment improvements. I normally plan week by week, but I think you can day by day, dunno.
>>
>>7164656
neato, thanks for sharing Anon.
>>
>>7163032
>muh inspiration, muh message
These are actually important concerns in art.
>>
>>7158747
keep the thread alive for about a month and ill tell you. Just got done watching a demented family member for a few weeks and i've been wanting to try this since i saw the vid back then. Now I've finally got the time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.