[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: color.jpg (945 KB, 3832x1968)
945 KB
945 KB JPG
what is a good resource on digital color, and color theory as a whole?
>>
>>7158470
Gnomon.
>>
handprint
>>
POST MORE TOMBOY TITS NOW
RIGHT FUCKING NOW
AAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>7158470
From my experience, color theory does not have that much theoretical knowledge involved. Any video or article about color theory just repeats the same things about hue, value and saturation, the color wheel, primary, secondary and tertiary colors, and that is about it. Once you read about that, I think it is more beneficial to analyze photos and pieces of art you think have good colors and then try to bring their color schemes into your own art. What also helped me was getting out of stereotypical ideas of what color things have to be. Skin is not always peachy orange, depending on the colors surrounding it, it can be yellow, grey, blue, etc and still look right. Black hair often has tints of red and blue.
I think any artist can benefit from just paying more attention to the colors around them. So when you see a really pretty sunny street, think "What colors do I see? Why do they work so well together? Are there any colors that I wouldn't expect?"
>>
>>7159896
you first
>>
Marco Bucci has some great vids and courses on it
>>
File: 710csXdRTHL.jpg (209 KB, 1955x2560)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
david hornung color. read it, do the exercises

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.