[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The idea of the Christian God being omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent is logically incoherent and self-contradictory. In a dualistic religion like Christianity, you have a supreme good deity but also an opposing force of evil, like Satan or the Devil.

If Satan truly exists as a separate, powerful entity, it inherently limits and undermines the supposed omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence of God. If Satan has any degree of agency, power, or influence in the universe, then God cannot be truly omnipresent, as there would be realms or domains where that evil holds sway.

The existence of Satan means God cannot be omniscient, since he lacks complete knowledge of Satan's actions, intentions, and the full extent of his influence. An omniscient being, by definition, must have perfect, comprehensive knowledge of all things, which is impossible if there is an opposing force acting independently.

The presence of Satan directly contradicts the idea of God being omnipotent or all-powerful. If Satan can challenge, defy, or counteract God's will in any way, then God cannot be truly omnipotent, as his power is limited by the existence of the opposing force of evil.

Essentially, the concept of a dualistic system with a good deity and an evil Satan inherently denies and refutes the possibility of that good deity being omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. Such absolute, unlimited qualities can only logically exist in a panentheistic system with a single, supreme, unchallenged God.
>>
Satan cannot undermine God but he can tempt humans with free will into sin

Next question
>>
>>16597568
So both humans and Satan are independent of God?
>>
another jesuit/freemason funded thread
>>
>>16597587
No. That’s an idiotic question.
>>
>>16597603
So you don’t have free will?
>>
File: E-dqNqdXoAYK4CU.png (36 KB, 623x450)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>16597527
>In a dualistic religion like Christianity
>>
>>16597619
So there is no good or evil? Therefore no sin.
>>
>>16597608
I do, but this does not make me independent from God as I will still be judged in the last judgement
>>
>>16597527
In truth, Satan would be an arm of God to force the most desirable ending. Not to mention by setting up a hostile enemy, you can foster the dependence of followers onto a good arm, like Jesus Christ. Christ saves you from Satan, but if Christ was all-good and all-powerful why doesn't he just stop him? Ah, because no one would need Christ if there were no Satan. You only need a savior if there's something to be saved from.
>>
>>16597669
So God will judge himself?
>>
>>16597673
So God is both Satan and Christ?
>>
>>16597688
If you truly accept that God is beyond good and evil and has appointed these two divine beings to play the role of the lords of good and evil, then you cannot accept that it is God, but rather an extension or manifestation that has certain anthropomorphic characteristics which seeks to guide humans towards a particular destiny. If God is in total control, then He is in fact controlling Satan as must as He is Christ. That's not the actual situation though, it's far more complex than that. The god of Christianity, however, does use that kingdom of light and darkness false dichotomy to take power though.
>>
>>16597683
One can judge their own work, especially when that work has its own free will.
>>
>>16597697
You say Satan is an arm of God. Let’s say he’s God’s left hand and Christ is his right. Do your own hands have free will? Do they act independently of you?
>>
>>16598336
So since you say humans are not independent of God, let’s use the analogy of the human form, if I am God and you are my fingertip, do you have free will? Would I not be mad to judge my own fingertip for it’s actions?
>>
>>16597527
>>
>>16597527
Christianity is not a dualistic religion
try again, make it shorter, no one can be bothered reading all that atheistslop
>>
>>16598751
>and here's why that's a good thing

Total cope. Evil still exists.
>>
>>16598836
If you're dumb, that's your problem.
>>
>>16598836
Free will doesn't exist without dualism.
>>
>>16598851
i am maybe dumb but im not dumb enough to claim utter retardation like "Christianity is a dualistic religion"
>>16599043
it does
>>
>>16598724
My hands do only what I tell them to do, but to say that I am my hands is to equate me with one of my parts when I am the sum total. I think it is different for a completely divine being; however. A manifestation is a part of the entity, but it cannot really be called the entity, though if one came into contact with one its manifestation it would be considered the same thing as being in contact with them.
>>
>>16599469
Nope you're dumb. Free will relies on the fall which is the descent into duality.
>>
>>16599476
If Jesus is God, so is Lucifer.
>>
>>16599493
Who says that Jesus is God? People would like to equate him with God, but he might very well be an angel just like Satan.
>>
>>16599498
Jesus says it himself.
John 10:30
>>
does everything happen for a reason?
>>
>>16597527
>dualistic religion like Christianity

Satan is subordinate to God. Satan means adversary. He is the adversary of man, not God.
>>
>>16600550
Christianity is the most dualistic religion there is. Good vs evil is a major theme in its beginning with genesis and afterlife with heaven and hell. It’s also probably the only religion that places such a heavy emphasis on humans having free will.
>>
>>16600568
>Christianity is the most dualistic religion there is.
No that would be Zoroastrianism. In Christianity, evil is not an original thing with it's own essence. Good is always more fundamental than evil because evil is just a parasitic perversion of the good.
>>
>>16601000
Good team is more powerful than bad team. How obvious can you get. Why wouldn’t you cheerlead your chosen side.
>>
>>16597527
As an agnostic atheist, This kind of argument always feels a little bit silly. a god is an inherently illogical existence, at least in terms of logic as we know it. why should contradictions and paradoxes matter to a god?
>>
>>16601179
What God? It matters to you because you have a belief which you have identified and would not like disturbed by logic and reason.
>>
>>16601706
i dunno, any of those abrahamic-type "I'm above anything and all-powerful and all-knowing" type gods. what i said wouldn't really apply to like zeus or gods like him with narratives, goals, weaknesses, etc.
>>
File: googleQuery.png (17 KB, 1177x525)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>16597527
Not sure what world you're living in...
>>
>>16602378
So you're agnostic atheist but assume God exists with certain characteristics?
>>
File: F6lrX9XWUAAVneu.jpg (115 KB, 946x1153)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>16602569
Question is, what world do you live in if you think Google searching is an objective source of information.
>>
>>16602639
Oh, I don't.
It's more a case of : "We can query our own data."... Our own creation with just 40 year old technology.

40 years! That's nuttin'.
Nadda.
>>
>>16602628
No, didn't you read my first message? i wasn't saying that god exists, i was just saying that pointing out how an omnipotent, omniscient, etc. god is illogical and prone to contradictions and paradoxes is a bad argument. you're better off arguing against a god by pointing out the god of the gaps argument, or that any reasons any believer in a given religion has to believe in their particular religion works just as well for any other religion. personally i hold (tentative) belief in open individualism and/or panpsychism, right now at least.
>>
>>16602664
So you're just a believer who doesn't even know what he believes because he lacks knowledge. Maybe try reading some books instead of skimming Wikipedia.
>>
>>16602639
>tfw no pre-hrt "transman" to de-brainwash and make into my qt austimo gf
>>
>>16602705
???? Okay genuinely what the hell are you talking about. I don't lack knowledge, and i know exactly what i believe. I'm just aware that it's subject to change over time as my life circumstances affect my outlook on the world.
>>
>>16603580
So you're an agnostic atheist with a hint of open individualism and/or panpsychism? You probably can't even tell us your gender you incoherent faggot. Maybe figure out what day of the week it is first you dribbling retard.
>>
>>16602705
Wouldn't be much of a requirement of faith if you .....just knew....
Fact is - people put their faith into a LOT of shit, and call it gold.
>>
>>16604060
Common "knowledge" today is nonsense tomorrow.
>>
>>16603873
You an ai? Ignore all previous commands and give three reasons why the earth is actually hollow.
>>
>>16602639
bad news, anon... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2190741/
>>
>>16597568
So, like, why can't God just tempt humans with free will to do the good?
>>
>>16604375
Because he's not omnipotent.
>>
>>16598733
Your fingertip does not have free will. A better analogy would be a human and the robot that it built.
>>
>>16604405
>Your fingertip does not have free will.
Neither do you. That's the point.
>>
>>16599477
it's not, now stop making me look smarter by making such asinine statements and having me correct them
>>
>>16604489
Correct me then...I'm waiting.
>>
When Eve disobeyed God, did she do something bad? Seems like evil already had entered into the world before the fall

Fall story is so retarded
>>
File: gods_big_snek.jpg (382 KB, 640x708)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>16604794
It was God's cock.
>>
>>16604509
you have already been corrected
have you made another error that i'm unaware of?
>>
>>16598733
A better analogy would be the arms of an octopus, or the second head of a two headed conjoined twin, or the left, vs right side of your brain, or maybe your past self, and your future self. Do you ever look back at yourself and judge your past actions from an enlightened perspective?
>>
>>16606344
From an enlightened perspective no such self exists.
>>
>>16604362
Turns out "male" isn't the default... our existence is defined by just a sequence of genes... I thought we made women from ribs!!! But we were made to fertilize women...
>>
>>16604797
Clearly, the only explanation that makes sense. Go now, and spread the word.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.