[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: calvin.png (3.44 MB, 1200x1666)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB PNG
>remember that time you sinned? that was already determined by god at the beginning of time so he could torture you in hell for all eternity for no reason, have fun down there lmao
>>
You don't seem like someone who really knows much about Calvinism or Christianity.
>>
>Btw as it turns out I'm not one of the eternally damned as predestined from birth by God. What a lucky coincidence! If I was I wouldn't be telling you this, genuinely.
>>
>>16596129
>generic dismissive reply
>no argument
pitiful cope, bro.
>>
>>16596137
Calvinists somehow figuring out they are among the elect is the most retarded shit
>>
>>16596129
What did he get wrong? This is essentially what predestination is
>>
>>16596411
Biggest schizo moment I've seen from Dirk, was when I asked him if he isn't scared about his children going to hell
He told me, God had told him; "that Dirk and Dirk's family would go to heaven".
That he basically had a deal with God.
>>
>>16596433
It's not uncommon for Calvinists to believe that the children of the elect go to heaven even if they turn atheist, lol. The entire thing is transparently self-serving.
>>
>>16596117
If God is omnipotent then of course he knows what's going to happen. People really deny that?
>>
>>16596117
Well, when you think about it. God already made people knowing they will go to hell for eternity. And there are all sorts of copes around it like they will actually be destroyed or that hell is not eternal and everyone will go to heaven eventually. And then a bunch of people start calling each other heretics.

No one really knows. That's why religion is useless to me.
>>
>>16596129
>You don't seem like someone who really knows much about Calvinism
I have extensive knowledge of Calvinism and this genuinely is what it boils down to

Calvin was an evil man (had another Christian BURNED ALIVE for disagreeing with him) and in turn crafted an evil god in his own image
>>
>>16597234
What else did he do?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.