[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: georgianchild.png (250 KB, 699x478)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
How much further will you go? Your goal is to try to keep off the hyperconcentration and dereliction of antitrust for as long as possible within the 2000s cultural landscape. No rape, but you can suggest everything up to penetration.
>>
>>16547600
Considering Microsoft did not manufacture their own PC hardware, the grounds for antitrust litigation always seemed dubious to me at best, especially when you compare to what Apple regularly gets away with today
>>
>>16547600
Complete dismantling a la Standard Oil and AT&T, then go for Apple next
>>
>>16547606
It's not about the hardware; it's about the OS unfairly preferencing that butt of jokes over other browsers. It's a tying issue and it always has been, and Apple's the worst of them all. Epic sued them for that very thing, in fact, and won. They won for a while, but now they're being eaten alive by every government agency and corporation on the planet because they refused to create their own contingency plan.

For what it's worth, going harsher also means Apple stays the quirky overpriced Adobe machine and MP3 player maker of San Francisco hooha let's pretend the Chinese slaves don't exist it was, because Jobs wouldn't think he can operate with impunity in a world that strikes down M$. He might, but despite how retarded he got later I don't think he'd pick that fight.
>>
>>16547614
This. BeOS might not have died, BlackBerry could still be making those sweet BB10 phones, plus GNU/Linux and the BSDs would be in a much less marginalized position.
>>
>>16547600
I don't. Japanese have much laxer antitrust laws than anything the US enforces and they're fine. Big business is good business.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.