[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What metaphysical framework argues that the final, ultimate perfection of the soul is attainable and what metaphysical framework argues that perfection is impossible? What are your arguments for or against the idea that perfection is possible? I personally think that, because we want perfect people to exist, it must be possible, even if it's exceptionally rare on Earth (Jesus, Enoch, Buddha, Padmasambhava, etc.).
>>
pic related is the archetype of the perfect girl from my childhood (Kairi from Kingdom Hearts). Those Japanese really know how to get inside kids' heads. I heard from a girl that all the girls who played KH wanted to "fuck Sora". This makes me happy, knowing that it's not just men who are idealistic in their notions of perfection.

To date, however, no real girl in my awareness has beaten the perfection of certain fictional characters such as Kairi. She was clearly designed with perfection in mind —unconditionally loving, girly, even having an extremely feminine sounding name. The point is not to rant about my childhood waifu or provoke ridicule from people who don't understand why I bring her up (which I'm sure I will get). My point is that many were taught at a young age that other people can love you unconditionally, but we rarely see this in reality from anyone except our parents. I am convinced that either in higher planes of existence or in Heaven or outside Samsara in Pure Lands or where the fuck ever...there exists perfected souls, and once a soul attains perfection it stays that way forever and is also immortal and unconditionally loving and in a state of perfect peace, love, and wholeness.
>>
>>16541805
>even if it's exceptionally rare on Earth (Jesus, Enoch, Buddha, Padmasambhava, etc.).
They never existed, so how do you know they were "perfect"? You shouldn't strive for "perfection" because it will degenerate you like imperfection, some believe the Grey aliens are the result of that perfection obession, instead of perfection you should strive for balance.
>>
>>16541937
They existed. Plato believed the soul could achieve perfection as well. I could argue that your real argument is that finding a balance is achieving perfection, but I don't think you would argue that one should be 50% good and 50% evil. Even by admitting the existence of flaws admits the possibility of flawlessness.
>>
>>16542022
>Jesus existed
The most perfect entity in the Universe for Christians is God and he created Evil therefore he/she isn't perfect. So what perfection are you talking about if God isn't even perfect?
>>
>>16542204
Christians are wrong about the nature of God. Let's call it Source (not a him, either). Source cannot be omnipotent. This is provable by asking whether Source can visualize a square circle. No? Source is ruled by the laws of logic, which are immutable and apply everywhere in reality? Source cannot "do anything"? Then Source is not "all-powerful". This leaves room for Source to be omnibenevolent as Buddhas and Jesus were. How could a Buddha be better than Source itself? Therefore, Source is omnibenevolent. Suffering and evil must therefore be things Source cannot eradicate or cannot eradicate yet (Eastern religions believe Samsara will be emptied one day and all suffering will cease). What we get when we realize Source is not omnipotent is a "weak God", but one who still wields the most power and can generate infinite souls and worlds.

So to answer your question, an omnibenevolent being is perfect and there exist omnibenevolent beings. Evil is probably a distortion or obscuration of the original perfection that created the evil being, but that's just my theory.
>>
>>16542272
>I answered your question
No didn't, you went into a schizo dialectical religious milkshake babble with yourself to convince yourself you can be perfect.
>>
>>16542374
You:
>God created evil therefore he isn't perfect
Me:
>Logic necessitates the existence of evil and suffering, Source had nothing to do with it because it is not all-powerful
>>
>>16542374
Furthermore, the belief that the soul cannot ever hope to attain perfection is a philosophy of despair. The word despair exists, so it must have been felt by some people at some point, but intuitively we know that the nature of reality must be characterized more by hope than despair. How could one ever hope to be taken seriously as a philosopher of despair? These types of ideas are wrong and harmful at a soul level.
>>
>>16541805
Because nothing, not even light (the particle/wave not Yagami) can beat entropy. Everything loses to time and thus, nothing is perfect. Easy. Just strive for peak. It’s why people climb mountains and invent stuff or explore.
>>
>>16542406
>Logic necessitates the existence of evil and suffering therefore illogic necessitates the existence of good and bliss
See how that's gibberish and I used the God example because you believe in Jesus yet you say Christians are wrong about the doctrine of Jesus then mix Christianity with Buddhist beliefs they consider pagan. You can't escape you faith anon you are a prisoner like the rest of us and will end up food for earthworms once you finish your time there's no Heaven or Shambala the sooner you accept your faith the better you'll be.
>>
File: Amitabha.jpg (59 KB, 711x800)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>16542484
Logic necessitates the existence of evil and suffering and it also necessitates the existence of Source, goodness, and bliss. Logic necessitates the existence of duality and nonduality, enlightenment and ignorance. But no square circles. I'm more Buddhist than Christian, by the way, but believe that Jesus rose from the dead by his own immense spiritual power. He was probably part alien and YHWH was probably an alien. Also Buddhism isn't pagan and while I'm at it I'll respond to >>16542463
as well that there are other worlds and they can be created with the mind. Users of Robert Monroe's Gateway Process over at the Monroe Institute in Virginia collaboratively created a world at I believe Focus level 27 which takes the character of a Parisian style street cafe. One can create worlds with their minds, but when there are no souls inhabiting the world it disappears. There can be a world with only one soul in it, or quintillions like in our minuscule Hubble Volume. Robert Monroe saw many different realms during his OBEs and none of them are permanent (Heaven, Purgatory, Hell, the astral afterlife where most souls wait in line to get "checked in", belief system territories, whatever). I'm planning on going to Amitabha's Western Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss (Sukhavati) when I die. It's outside Samsara and there is no suffering or death there. Everyone attains Buddhahood after some time there, too. I know these places exist because Robert Monroe has proven that worlds can be created with the mind, as Sukhavati was by Amitabha's mind.
>>
>>16542530
So how are you going to escape the inorganic entities that run the Matrix and loosh on souls Monroe talked about? Have you mapped the Matrix underground tunnels and know how you'll escape or are you just gonna give the light the finger and hope for the best like the rest of us mr sage?
>>
>>16542571
In Buddhism there is something called "phowa" or "conscious dying". In Pure Land Buddhism, this consists in the dying person reciting Amitabha's name 10 times on their deathbed and then seeing in their mind's eye the Buddha Amitabha. He is sometimes accompanied by a multitude of sages depending on the grade of rebirth the person will receive in his Pure Land (which depends on their karma). The important point Pure Land Buddhists make here is that the person doesn't actually pass through death or go into the white light. Amitabha Buddha takes their soul and that's how they die. They don't lose any memories, and in fact gain memories of their past lives once in the Pure Land, and their stream of consciousness is never broken. They just go from their deathbed to the Pure Land.
>>
>>16542620
If you believe in Buddhism then you're more fucked up than I thought because you're more likely to reincarnate here even if you become a dirty sadhguru who eats dead people flesh, owns nothing, touches nothing in the hope of not entagling his quantum particles with others so he can escape once he's burned. It ain't gonna work because the Matrix runs on belief so if he belived in reincaration he'll reincarate again and so will you no matter the instructions they read to you from their comic book of the dead to help you find the Matrix underground tunnels. Leave this cult anon before you reincarnate as a chicken or worse.
>>
>>16542743
you're just making shit up. there are accounts of people seeing Amitabha come for them when they die, and there are bodhisattvas who reincarnated on Earth and have past life memories of the Pure Land which match the description of it found in the Pure Land sutras.
>>
>>16542761
This is why you also believe in the Abrahamic christ fairytale too because it sounds like your Buddhism fairytale. Noone is gonna come save you anon not Jesus not Amita, if you see them they're just the Aliens running the Matrix fulfilling your beliefs. Anyways good luck with them.
>>
File: 1706943729027347.jpg (105 KB, 866x960)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
It is but once the universe reaches perfection the god head chills until it gets bored again and then it commits divine suicide to start a new cycle so all the souls can do the process over again and climb to the top.
It's the best solution for spending eternity. That way you and all souls will experience ALL possible experiences, an infinite amount of times, in infinite variations, for eternity.
What could be better then that?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.