[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why is Christianity better than paganism exactly?
>>
>>16525356
It's not grounded in marvel comics
>>
>>16525356
The answers to that are longer then any half-baked 4chan poster will ever be willing to sink into answering your shitty thread. It's better because Jesus is Lord and that's all you ever needed to know on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbhpUjXAfrM
>>
>>16525375
Prove that
>>
>>16525356
>better than paganism
It goes so much harder than that bro. It's better than sex.
>>
>>16525356
Both worship mangods instead of the Almighty.
>>
>>16525356
You don't understand.
A jew died, so do what youd rather not forever, or burn forever.
Since a jew died, reality sux
>>
>>16525356
because christianity will end up with nigger worship instead of the classical jew worship
>>
File: 119.png (344 KB, 585x606)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
>>16525375
>zoomers unironically think paganism is younger than comics
>>
>>16525464
They worship Mandingos?
>>
>>16525376
>because Jesus is Lord
Can you prove that? What if he is not?
>>
>>16525356
Because it doesn't involve Jew worship.
>>16525473
>>16525562
kek
>>
>>16525356
because Thor doesn't boil you in molten lava for all eternity if you diss him
I'm not being coerced haha my religion isn't a fucking racket hahaha what are you talking about
>>
>>16525356
The people in your pic are Neo-Druids, and they are known for being extremely woke when it comes to social issues.
>>
>>16525713
Fairly pathetic how the current arguments made for which religion is correct aren't made based on the truth of the religion but the preference of the person choosing the religion. This is particularly comical in Christianity where people flock to what they perceive as the most based form of the religion even though those versions are often not theologically sound and are frequently from alien (recently Slavic) cultures.
>>
>>16525376
God the Son (Jesus, Christ) = king, lord
God the Father = ?
>>
>>16525356
One true god instead of many false gods.
>>
>>16525356
The exclusive nature of the abrahamic religions made much easier to use it to control people and communities and it's cult structures makes it easier to keep them under control
It's the same reason for why totalitarian ideologies manage to propagate and hold power
>>
>>16525736
>true god
Can you prove that?
>>
>>16525969
What do you mean? What kind of proof?
>>
>>16525575
It literally says on his crucifix that he's the king of Israel.
>>
>>16525972
can you demonstrate that your christian god is the "true" one ?
>>
>>16526131
I have but a single question, you will think about It but Will not tell me.
What is the most satisfaction sexually speaking you want to have?
Go have it. If you cannot do in body for circumstances, do visually in fantasy, while masturbating in your most accurate and lewd manner.
When you're done and satisfied, start thinking more about yourself and what you want, if you Accept my suggestion, gracefully adopt a practice of meditation.
Gnosis.
Feel guilty? That's programming, by society and church, discard, accept yourself instead.
>>
>>16526155
>Feel guilty?
I do meditate frequently and never felt any guilty about having sex or masturbating

But besides, what that has to do with my question
>>
>>16526265
God is Within, so follow your inclination. If you Desire, so wills God, if you want a passion be It sexual or otherwise It IS a handy tool. Meditation should be done in the Dark, with eyes closed.
If you're ours, you'll come to us this way.
>>
>>16525356
Christianity is basically one of the first religions to say that regardless of your blood and what ancestral feuds went on, you're all children of the same God and should love one another.
>>
>>16526283
go take your meds
>>
>>16526331
why is that a positive ?
>>
Christianity is about your journey to become more like God. Idolatry is about allowing yourself to be used as cattle by the gods in their cosmic machinations. God needs nothing from you, but the gods need you as food.
>>
>>16526360
>Christianity is about your journey to become more like God
No it isn't, and the Church Fathers directly called this out as a heresy. The entire reason that you fags call Mormons Satanists or whatever is because trying to become more like Yahweh is "Luciferian" or whatever.
>>
>>16526355
>Overwhelmingly positive statement
>Why is that positive
You need to realize some people have actual principles.
>>
>>16526361
>Be perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_(Christian)
Some people really will just make up anything about Christianity.
>>
>>16526360
>God needs nothing from you, but the gods need you as food.
That's an odd thing to say given that all Pagans, both ancient and modern, said that the Gods didn't need sacrifices but just partook in them out of love for mankind, whereas the Torah directly says that Yahweh not only needs the Jews to feed him gentile babies but also animal blood.
>>
>>16526364
>The term theosis was originally used in Greco-Roman pagan society to venerate a ruler. It was inconceivable to Jewish piety.
Yeah idk wtf this larpy dweeb is thinking. The point of Christianity is the resurrection, apotheosis is literally paganism.
>>
>>16526374
No, you don't understand, the Children of God can ascend. Have you even read Plato?
>>
>>16526383
>the dude who cribs his theology from asatru is talking about plato now
Come the fuck on dude it's obvious you want to just worship the Gods, stop with this gay christfag LARP shit.
>>
>>16526371
>said that the Gods didn't need sacrifices but just partook in them out of love for mankind
They treated finite beings as if they were the Infinite, yes, I am familiar with the errors of idolatry. Worshiping any deity that appears to you is nigger behavior, many of them aren't even conscious beings but mere psychic constructs.
>>
>>16526041
>literally says on his crucifix that he's the king of Israel.
Why are you sure about that?
>>
>>16526374
The church fathers believed in theosis.
>>
>>16525972
What kinds do you have?
>>
>>16526401
>okay so i was wrong
>in fact i was lying with an agenda
I accept your concession.
>>
>>16526408
Yeah, the Nafris in Greece who took their fucking angelology from Proclus because in absence of Hellenism Judaism and it's schisms are ooga booga tier. In the real world no one except listeners of Brother Father Larpopolis of Mt. Pedasticon's podcast believes that the point of Christianity is to slip past the Lethe and go hang out with Zeus.
>>
>>16526405
It's in the fucking Bible you LARPagan.
>>
>>16526401
>the gods that created the universe and everything in it
>psychic constructs
This is your brain on Luciferianism.
>>
>>16526352
And once my blood circulation problems are taken care of you Will find your intellect?
>>
>>16525375
Beats being grounded in Jewish schizophrenia.
>>
File: 1622870103967.jpg (8 KB, 179x282)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>16526362
>You need to realize some people have actual principles.
>NPCs have principles
>>
>>16526331
In norse mythology, all humans have a common ancestor in the god Heimdallr, and many significant families are descended from other gods as well, such as the Volsung clan who are descended from Odin. So all humans are literally the children of the gods. And in Havamal, Odin affirms the basic value of all human life, and encourages kindness and charity among humans.
>>
>>16525375
christsissies... I don't feel so good...
>>
>>16525356
Doesn't have hippie female priests.
>>
>>16526418
Why should we believe the Bible?
>>
File: scale_1200-2.png (1.28 MB, 1103x833)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>16526542
>>
>>16525356
All I can say is that what matters is genuine revelation from the divine. Any pagan larpers now have no connection to the Divine, they are just like onions reenacters without having any idea what they are doing. Where are your scriptures, where are your hymns and prayers. Tradition is the pillar on which faith stands, either find a prophet or gtfo
>>
>>16525356
In the historical context of the undivided Roman Empire it promised equality for all in the Kingdom of Heaven.
>>
>>16525356
They aimlessly ride feelings, not very much "Developmental Psychology/Cognition".
>>
File: 20240414_011016.jpg (296 KB, 1500x1036)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>16527698
Mmm, how much is the Equality+ package? I dont like "downstairs racket".

I prefer my building to not have a ground floor. Just "upper crust upstairs".
>>
>>16527679
>genuine revelation from the divine
Can you prove that christians have all that? According to the Bible, Christians should speak new languages and not die from poisons and snake bites, and Jesus had to return to the times of the first generation of Christians. it's written straight
>>
>>16527679
You're a bit late, Asatruar have had Steven McNallen for over 50 years and Rodnovers have dozens.
>>
>>16526528
>all humans have a common ancestor in the god Heimdallr
Firstly, Heimdallr's actions in the Rigsthula aren't literal heredity, he's uplifting the Indo-European, Neolithic Hunter-Gather, and Anatolian Farmer populations to create Aryans. Secondly, no not all humans are part of this uplifting, it's just Europeans.

>So all humans are literally the children of the gods.
All humans descend from Ask and Embla, who were brought to a higher state of being by Odin, Vili, and Ve, but we have no scriptural reasoning to believe that anyone other than Europeans actually carries divine blood in their veins. Other races, like the Japanese, have similar but unrelated myths about the Gods uplifting them and breeding with them, but they would thus be part of a different divine lineage (even though they're, theoretically, partially descended from the same Gods). Given that Asatru is an ethnoreligion by necessity (it's about tending the Aryan relationship with the divine after all), the acceptance of another race having divine blood would just mean accepting the validity of some other people practicing some other religion. Christianity rejects this as on its face absurd. Under Christianity there's one religion for everyone and there are no differences between races.

>And in Havamal, Odin affirms the basic value of all human life, and encourages kindness and charity among humans.
This is a massive oversimplification of what Odin is saying in the Havamal, but let's just grant the premise: this is nowhere near the level of Christianity, which demands that it's followers dissolve all distinctions to create one unified body worshiping one deity using one language under one government. The Gods pretty clearly don't want that
>>
>>16525356
because new good, old bad.
you will believe whatever your ancestors were forcibly converted to believe by their conquerors and you will like it.
>>
>>16530134
paganism is just retarded. pagans are either blue haired women or reactionaries who complain about semites all day long
>>
>>16529208
go take your meds
>>
>>16526383
>Children of God
not a thing in platonism
>>
Real talk, light (spiritual) blinds. The further away you walk from it, the clearer your seeing.
>>
>>16526542
>Implying women don't have their own unique domains in life and insights into divinity only they can perceive that's innate to their femininity
>>
File: braincell.gif (107 KB, 220x158)
107 KB
107 KB GIF
>>16527679
>genuine revelation
>appeals to scripture and tradition
>>
>>16527575
those are Anglicans, don't throw your garbage into other people's yard, that's the proof of what I stated
>>16532339
feminist bullshit, new age hippie rubbish
>>
>>16532866
>feminist bullshit
How is acknowledging the fundemental differences between the sexes feminist? For example, you can never conceptualize what it's like to be a mother. That's a unique experience of the feminine. So a woman who is a mother has a better understanding of Mary's sorrow and undying love of Christ.
>>
test
>>
>>16532866
I'm not sure what you mean, the Vatican is planning on rolling out female clergy within the next decade or so.
>>
>>16525356
Because when it comes to deities, most people find the idea of an all-powerful, perfect deity who loves you more compelling than a collection of powerful beings who are both flawed and limited. Personally, pagan gods come off more like super wizards to me, and I'm not worshiping a flawed being, even if he could kill me with a bolt of lightning.
>>
File: 1706650988724573.gif (2.96 MB, 465x261)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
Behold, the "White man's religion"
>>
>>16525356
European Paganism is White.
Christianity is jewish.
>>
>>16533460
Like didn't some philosophers figure out that monotheism made more sense for this very reason? It makes more sense for God to be one all-powerful entity than many powerful but flawed entities?
>>
>>16525376
>Whatifalthist
Retard profoundly retarded. Truly embarrassing. Stop posting read a book.
>>
>>16525356
Hourly reminder that converting to LARPaganism won't turn you into a real woman.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.