[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: linux4186716814.jpg (1020 KB, 650x4377)
1020 KB
1020 KB JPG
petition to get pic related permanently stickied at the top of /g/?
>>
File: buttholes.png (295 KB, 500x628)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>100165099
Veto!
>>
>>100165099
I like pacman
>>
>>100165099
>Do you losers actually think you're cool for using this stupid bullshit? Good god a hacker or some is mega dog shit anything else is just no one cares about wannabe just kill and don't Ubuntu
what the fuck
>>
>>100165218
kek that's not how you read the last panel. Read it fully left-to-right anon.
>>
>>100165202
this.
>>
>>100165218
>>100165275
IMAGINE BEING AT COMPUTERS
>>
>>100165099
No offense, whether you ultimately decide to go with arch or Ubuntu or whatever, if you can't manage to install arch you should just stick to a chrome book because that's just a little over your technical capability.
>>
>>100165590
I think the comic implies that the windows user got arch to work and he thought it was dogwater because it's not user friendly. (a valid complaint tbqfh)
>>
>>100165099
>LINUX IS MEGA DOG SHIT
always pulls a smile on my face
>>
>>100165099
>JUST KILL AND DONT UBUNTU
>>
>>100165660
i've been using arch for years noe after my exile from windows and i've gotta say I disagree. sure theres a bit of a learning curve but no more than there us for windows, in fact many of the common things people do with their operating system I found much easier on arch, eg installing it in the first place is one commanf and then it asks you (with helpful descriptions) what options to pick. windiws doesn't do that, it just slaps you with "which partition" and doesn't explain what any of it means, and then gives you checkboxes for which spyware you want to pretend to disable
even updating my software is either one terminal command or a single button in the app store, on windows i have to manually update everythingz even if i use the store (unless i manage to find the check box burried in the maze of metro settings apps to enable updating store apps with windows updates)
i use gnome, too, so all the desktop settings eg network or keyboard layout etc are very easily accesable, and you can very easily make multiple profiles for a lot of settings and just switch between them. try changing your IP address on windows! it's much more finnicky and limiting. only two DNS servers? no routes? can't switch between network profiles? but that's mkre advanced than basic use so it's whatever
finding and installing software, too, is just all in the apl store and unlike the microsoft store it's very easy to actually download stuff, no account needed! MS store is very buggy, still, let alone all the ads and paid stuff.

idk, there are plenty of reasons to not like linux, especially arch, including personal preferance. but saying it's tok conplicated it quite unfair, when i've seen plenty of windows users struggle to install google chrome on windows but they could do it just fine when i showed them linux (FWIW I am an assistant IT teacher so I see this a lot)
>>
>>100165099
Honestly that is often what happens here. And for new users Linux overall, all distro, is unnecessarily complicated, best example is having to use the terminal to edit some obscure text file for things that should be just a fucking checkbox in the settings like in all other OS...
>>
>>100166049
I believe you. Sometimes I forget that the average person is so ignorant that they struggle to turn on their computer.
>>
bump
>>
File: arch and debian.png (972 KB, 641x4513)
972 KB
972 KB PNG
>>100165202
Counter-veto.
>>
>>100167872
>an operating system lives rent free in his head
>>
>>100166250
>things that should be just a fucking checkbox in the settings like in all other OS...
be the change you want to see, anon. make it happen and open a pull request! you can do it!
>>
I wouldn't recommend Arch to most people, but if I hadn't started with Arch I'd probably never have gotten so interested in Linux.

For a bored, nerdy teenager back in the 10s, starting with Arch was catnip.
>>
>>100167921
From what I've heard it's made with power users in mind so if you've already got programming chops it can't be a bad choice for first-time linuxbabbies.
>>
I wish bring back Nagoor Babu from DURGASOFT in sticky
>>100000000

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.