[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1710996392319592.jpg (562 KB, 1920x1080)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>install fedora
>resolution stuck in 800x600 for some reason
>also GNOME using a gorillion of ram

>install debian
>ethernet and tethering usb not working for some reason
>I can make a minimal install but it's impossible to move from there because no internet connection

>install arch
>bluetooth headphones constantly stuttering
>laptop heating up like crazy even with low ram/cpu consumption

>install linux mint
>everything works

I should've just listened and not used meme distros
>>
very cool
>>
i enjoy mint too
>>
File: 1705367728099933.png (275 KB, 800x600)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>100147218
There's a bit of bloat, but it's by far the best out of the box Linux experience. It literally just werks.
>>
File: dell_140G_1_1024x1024.png (395 KB, 1024x894)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
Mint is running flawlessly on a 16 year old Dell that I resurrected from my junk pile for a new project of mine.
>>
I too can pull things out of my ass, op
>>
>>100147218
The bit about Debian not working and Mint being good are true. The rest are fabrications.
>>
mint is antisemitic
>>
>>100147218
>want to talk about how cool mint is
>write a 2000character long post
>decide to attach a reaction image
>click the browse button, navigate to the reaction image folder, start selecting
>the preview column is too small, can't see which face wojak is making
>can't find a way to resize the column, no use case for that apparently
>fine, let's drag-n-drop it from nemo
>thumbnails are kind of small
>zoom in with ctrl+scrollwheel
>yay it just werks
>finally find the appropriate wojak
>grab it drag it over to the "browse..." button
>discover that the thumbnail is still opaque and, through the merit of having been grabbed in the center and not a corner, obscures area around the button
>no use case, I guess
>drop it anyway
>miss
>post is gone

Should've probably just opted out of using a DE, and also used ascii instead of actual images.
Didn't happen obviously but both the shortcomings are real and it's amazing how developers still haven't learned to make user-friendly intuitive UIs for everyday use.
>>
>>100147218
>Installs 4 distros and loses a ton of time
>Can't troubleshoot shit

Also, Fedora is a distro that has multiple Desktop environments, why are you not looking distros based on your desktop environment to begin with?
https://fedoraproject.org/spins/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.