[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm here to ask about belts, as it's a part of my closet that's lacking. Most belts I see look very boring. Is the only place I can expect to find interesting belts from popular designers? How much should a good, genuine belt cost without markup? I want to get a good idea of what a base price should be and where I should look. Feel free to post belt inspo.
>>
>>18110488
Just wear a regular belt you sperg
>>
>>18110489
That's totally fine too. All I'm looking for is some starting points.
>>
>>18110489
why are you on a fashion board boring fag
>>
>>18110488
i thrift belts and have started to accumulate some decent ones. just stop by a store before or after work and you can check their supply, ever week or every other maybe
>>
>>18110513
Fashion isn't about being LE WACKY SNOWFLAKE
>>
>>18110539
Couldn't agree more, brother.
Just wear a normal belt instead of walking around looking like a tard.
>>
>>18110536
Still, how do you tell if a belt is good or not? Is the rule just as long as it's genuine leather?
>>
Troy leather belts
>>
>>18110597
Full grain leather. Top grain if you want something less thick/rigid.
Genuine leather can be low quality, because it encompasses a wide spectrum of leather-adjacent products.
>>
The only thing to look for js that if your going somewhere in formal cloths that your belt color matches your dress shoes. Also if you look for belts on eBay you can find some.high quality leather belts for fraction of the price. Get a good leather belt it.will last you forever.
>>
Bro get a cool hand tooled leather belt off of etsy or someplace
>>
File: 1712117171159672.jpg (2.24 MB, 3600x2400)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
>>18110488
designer belts are usually really low quality. you're mostly just paying for the logo shaped buckle. unimaginative and tacky. if you're an immigrant we associate this stuff with poor people btw.

>>18110597
the word "genuine" leather is a red flag for low quality

>>18110744
this or something with cool hardware
etsy, ebay, and small leatherworkers' websites are the way to go
>>
>>18110489
poorfag
>>
File: 1709907016475892.png (1.6 MB, 960x937)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>18110488
>interesting belts
no belt > suspenders > handmade belt > chink belt > normal belt > designer belt
>>
>>18110804
I agree about the buckle and quality, that's why I'm hesitant to buy designer. It's just that the designer belts tend to be more flashy, which interests me. I can understand paying more for quality, but I also want to like how it looks. And if so, what should I be looking for? Someone above mentioned full/top grain?
>>
>>18110488
If I am going to work I wear a two pronged leather belt (manual labor). If I am wearing my cargo pants to go food shopping I wear a cloth d-ring belt. If I am going to church or a job interview or something I wear a double loop single prong leather belt. I'm thinking of getting a braided belt, but I really don't need one and I don't wanna buy shoes just for one belt.
I think it's best to wear the belt that's appropriate for the occasion and outfit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.