[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6669.jpg (2.92 MB, 4032x3024)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
Thoughts on fashion replicas?
>come close to the quality of the originals
>fraction of the price

Why should I give my money to like fashion corporations when I can get the same thing for cheaper?
>>
>>18110376
bro are those trying to be converse? just buy converse dude
>>
very hit or miss but when they hit its a fucking bullseye. for example theres a specific batch for the triple s that people who either own or handled the real thing say there is NO difference at all. things like dunks and jordans have evolved to the point that the quality is said to be higher than what you'd get from retail now. that has more to do with nike quality control getting worse over the years but the rep quality for certain things is just mindblowing. but it all depends on what batch it is so you have to research yourself what the best possible version rep you're looking for is because theres a lot of different batches of the same things out there. check out reddit or discord and ask around
>>
>>18110376
Only good for consoooming the latest trends if you are broke, something only broke teenagers should consider doing.
There are no replicas of actual good quality clothes for adults.
>>
File: 1712371590491768.png (822 KB, 800x877)
822 KB
822 KB PNG
The replicas these days seem really good. A decade ago they looked like this.

I would only ever consider getting a replica if it was some out of production thing that I really felt I needed for whatever reason. So I guess Rick dunks qualifies in that respect. But it feels a bit too cheap still in my opinion.
>>
>>18110376
>replicas
you mean fakes
>>
>>18111129
What's the difference between ""fake"" and ""real"" clothes if you can't tell the difference side by side.
>>
>>18112237
I'm white and work a white collar job lol
>>
>>18112237
yeah but millenials spend a lot of their disposable income on designer, instead of say, their children they don't have or their mortgage they don't have
one thing i will say that tho, if youre going to rock reps, you better have an iphone. just giving you a heads up right now
>>
Buying reps is lame as fuck
if you can't afford the designer you like, either save up for it or express your style in more affordable ways
Wearing reps is fucking lame as shit and shows you have no sense of style, and think opulence = style
>>
>>18112480
Opulence? Define that term in the context of fashion. A lot of what’s being repped nowadays isn’t very flashy or filled with logos.
You’re a retard if you think people should save up money to buy designer clothes to dress how they want when an alternative exists that’s indistinguishable.
>>
the second i have a high paying job is the same second i start buying reps non stop. the only reason i don't have lv or goyard everything is that i don't have a high enough paying job to justify it. once you do theres no way to question your reps because its never the quality that gets you called out. the only thing that makes a lot of reps look fake is not holding an iphone in your hand and other auxiliary signs of wealth like that
>>
File: 1686310789069837.jpg (81 KB, 432x409)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>18112320
>rep sneakers
>android phone
>shitbox car
>designer furniture and rugs
>>
I bought some fake Yeezys back in 2018, they were quite uncomfortable and gave me a corn on my toes. Might like some triple S reps, Where do you go to get info these days? IIRC all the subreddits for that shit got nuked
>>
>>18110376
Repfags: tell me please

I got some geos from a rick boutique in ginza recently but want some reps to see what the difference is.
Where should I look and how much should I pay for something actually decent to wear that'll hold up? I don't normally wear real sneakers anyway much less know anything about the fakes.
All I can remember is that about a decade ago you /fa/gs were all maymaying about "dreamboxes".
>>
>>18112545
>https://www.allkicks247.co/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=triple+s&submit_search=
i bought from them before. took like almost 2 months shipping to california i think like 220 including shipping for their triple s. you can contact them on insta if you need to ask about something they reply super quick
>>
>https://www.allkicks247.co/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=rick&submit_search=
this is their rick. i want 2 cop but they don't have the mainlines i want
>>
this the only reps reddit still up as far as i know
>https://www.reddit.com/r/sneakerreps/
i want to say its all moved to discord/telegram now but idk
>>
why do you narcissists ask this question and get mad at people telling you that you're lame?
>>
>>18110376
I wish we had rep companies making shoes bigger than the original companies. I want size 15 Ricks, dammit.
>>
File: 1391501666312.jpg (204 KB, 1776x1000)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
Go for it anon
>>
>>18112730
>picture from 10 years agoo
>>
>>18112942
>>18112730
Dream box hasn't existed for probably a decade.
>>
>>18112730
damn I feel old now
>>
>>18112730
people who don't recognize it will just think you are clown
people who recognize it, the small group that could actually appreciate it, will think you are a poorfag
>>
File: anya-mfw.jpg (65 KB, 736x736)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>there are people who still like Rick Owens in 2024
>>
>>18110376
Here's my two cents, which are worthless.
I get someone that really loves to own a particular piece, and its totally out of their price range or is something that you can only find used ones for a shit ton of money (ie rick dunks) and you get a rep.
But simply don't fall for the full deck out rep look, you know, making fits with just grails that cost thousands and thousands of dollars if it was real. In one hand most people will know that you can't afford that shit, additionally, your money would've been better spend on less hyped pieces/sales/second hand market etc.
>>
>>18113220
The problem with Rick Owens shoes is that you have to commit to the avant garde look otherwise you look like a clown. People who just cop their "le grails" and then wear it with "teenage boy that just discovered fashion" basic shit looks awful
>>
>>18113449
ramones are the ultimate beater shoe imo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.