[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I paid this guy $150 for a jacket and vest to go with a kilt. The guy was all right and sold me some cheap flashes anda a belt for almost nothing when I needed it last minute so I thought I'd give his partner's custom tailoring service a try. I figured how bad could it be? He took my measurements and my credit card number.
Package comes 18 days later and I get this...
>>
It's like the sleeve comes out the middle of the jacket. It fits okay for a cheap albeit custom suit with my arms down, bit it's a complete joke if you raise them slightly.
>>
He's trying to tell me that this is normal. Also, I get that it's cheap, but the vest is only wool on the front and just the liner material on the back.
>>
File: IMG_20240424_152222.jpg (311 KB, 1080x1935)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
Like, for real, do people really wear vests that are smooth backed as part of a fit? I'm a noob at this, maybe that do, but it seems like doubling down and the poorfag vibe.

Also what is this line of shit about gusseting the armpit being too bulky. Should I let this guy and his paki boyfriend have another go or just take the refund? I'm not rich or poor. I want to give him another chance because he was cool, not of he's bullshitting me, I'm just take the refund and put the money towards a USA kilts jacket vest combo for 3.5 times the price.
Pic is what he attached to the last text.
>>
>>18097077
yeah that's not a tailor , thats a ripoff
Tailored clothes broadly speaking should feel easy and comfortable.
>>
>>18097077
>Be absolute retard
>Pay some third worlder pennies for bespoke clothing
>Surprised when it's not up to western tailoring standards that cost $2k+
>has no friends or people who care about him so he just blog posts on 4chan thinking he will get validation
Grim
>>
>>18097087
Just take the refund if offered and call it a learning experience, or give him another go at it? My family owned a store so I'm programmed to give the merchant a chance, but maybe it's time to move on.
>>
>>18097081
Vests made with lining on the back are normal, that's how I was taught to make them (if you had the backs made of your wool and it's on the rougher side it could fuck up the lining inside your jacket more quickly as opposed to the vest lining backs)

Your jacket sleeves are way too tight around the bicep. If they were made bespoke there would be safety margins/wide seam allowances inside the sleeve seams that your local tailor could let out. Maybe you can ask a local tailor to let them out as much as possible. But also the front lapel looks like it wasn't rolled properly BC we can see the seam line from the front when it should be slightly rolled under towards the wrong side

Idk anyone who really wears vests anymore tho
>>
>>18097095
Lol I knew it wouldn't be perfect. I don't think you need to spend 2k on that. I don't know how good pic related is, but I got a couple of their casual kits and they're decent.

The guy did hook me up with shit for ten cents on the dollar for what you'd pay on Amazon. He's willing to refund and even if he doesn't, I can do a charge back.
I just posted on here on the off chance on overreacting, particularly about the vest thing.
>No people who care
No, I have no people who know this kind of clothing. I'm also at work getting time and a half while I do this.
I tell you what I'm not. I'm not some loser making stale greentext posts and giving the exact attention he's accusing me of looking for. How fucking pathetic is that?

Seriously though, do people wear vests with wool only in the front? My wife said that she's only seen that at weddings/school dances and it says "I just bought/rented this suite on the cheap to be appropriately dressed here today, and I took the jacket off now that the 'event''is over."
I haven't asked anyone else. That's what you guys are for.
>>18097100
>Don't know anyone who wears vests anymore
That's fair, but it's for a kilt in America. It's not for any occasion, it's for me to do my "I don't give a shit I'll wear what I want" old guy thing.
The only reason I'm asking is because I don't like the look of it by itself, and I'm much more likely to not wear the jacket because I'm still kinda fat and I'll get hot enough with a long sleeve shirt. However, if what you say is true, maybe I'm being unfair to this guy on this point.
It's $150. I used to spend twice that a week on cigarettes.
But if I don't like the design it's moot. Thanks!
>>
>>18097095
this
KYS OP
/thread
>>
>>18097077

Nothing wrong with just lining on the back of the vest.

As for the jacket, the armholes are too low.

That's the one thing in a suit jacket that cannot be altered.
>>
>>18097133
>>18097095
Samefag or two losers?
>>
>>18097243
Yeah, I called USA kilts and they said that's how their vests come as well. I'm just going to get the refund and buy something made here.
>>
>>18097077
>Pakis
thanks poo in the loo Sandeep Moohamad poster.
we don't care.
>>
>>18097261
I'm American, the tailor is from Pakistan. I bought it from his boyfriend. It was mailed to me. L2read.
>>
>>18097245
faggot OP stays losing
/thread
>>
>>18097332
>buying from fags
>buying from paki fags
that's what you get
>>
Why on earth would you want to look like this
>>
>>18097243
>armholes are too low.
fuck does that even mean
how can armhole be low lol
>>
File: cool hat.png (3 KB, 534x460)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>18097077
>for a jacket and vest to go with a kilt
>>
>>18097077
>>18097078
those buttons are fucking atrocious. Also the pockets and sleeves details. I could have bought you 3 Loro Piana suit sets in mint condition for that much.
>>
>>18097077
the only place that you should buy cheap bespoke suits is Bahrain and that's only because they do it all the time for navy dudes. you just got fleeced
>>
>>18098211
So it's two losers.
Thank you.
>>18098268
He says they fucked up and he will refund it, and if he doesn't, I'll do a charge back.
>>18098828
Look at the photo
>>18099463
Okay, buy me them then. Show me and I'll give you an email
>>18098850
Yeah, it's called highland day wear. Have fun dressing like a nigger.
>>18098282
I wouldn't, that's the point. I'm wearing my work shirt because I tried it on when I got home.
>>
I got the refund. Recommend me a place to get the real deal besides USA kilts?
>>
>>18097077
Fatties need tailored clothes more than the average person. Online 'tailoring' is ass and you deserve to eat shit for not finding a local tailor.
>>
File: Soyjak (1).png (71 KB, 600x800)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
I'M WEARING MY ANCESTRAL DRESS LOOK MOMMY LOOK!
>>
>>18100624
>it's called highland day wear
>>
>>18101469
There are no local Scottish tailors. The guy I've gone to is Italian. I'm not asking chef boyardee to make me a haggis.
>Fat
You do make a good point. I should lose more weight first.
>>18101472
Who said I was Scottish? And anyway, at least I'm not a loser with a bunch of soijacks trolling badly.
>>
>>18097119
>$150 a week on cigs
>crys over $500
Kek
>>
>>18101479
You are a retard.
>>
>>18101480
Having it to spend and having to spend it aren't the same thing, but clearly you wouldn't know that from experience, poorfag.
>>18101488
>1488
Seig heil second loser.
>>
>>18101590
H-h-help me anons I a retard and can't durrcide is dis jacket right anons urrrrrrr i suck hes peenus or not
>>
>>18100624
go back to /pol/ fatty
>>
>>18101605
>>18101606
So like I said, two losers
>>
>>18101611
which obese loser started this gay wasted thread?
>>
>>18101479
>taylor he's used before is italian
>needs bespoke Scottish clothing this time
>"what would an Italian know about Scottish clothing?"
>so he goes to a paki instead
There is ZERO chance this isn't bait
>>
>>18101619
Who do you think has been making the low end Scottish shit for the last 200 years, retard? Anyway, read it again moron. I didn't go to him, I bought some kit off his partner here. He had shit on the rack that was good. Whatever little brown kid made mine fucked up. It's not bait. I got legitimate feedback. But I do appreciate you losers bumping the thread with your insecurities for me while I live a life.
Also, >>18099463 still waiting on the three suits you can get for that price or whatever full of shit thing you said.
>>
Actually more like 120 years, but you get the point.
>>
>>18100624
then why didn't you pay for an actual Scot to make your clothing? Do you not want to support your own people?
>>
>>18103728
1: I never said I was Scottish
2: I was really curious if this thread would die. 4 Chan is broken and you can bump threads indefinitely.
3. I needed a kilt buckle last minute and this guy hooked me up. I didn't plan this. I didn't have anything traditional to wear with it, and it was cheap and the shit he had that was too small for me wasn't fucked up.

Okay, now nobody respond. Let's see the thread die.
>>
>>18103728
Also, where the fuck do I find a local Scottish tailor? For real?
That was rhetorical. Don't respond.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.