[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EdhPujfWr1I.jpg (69 KB, 604x604)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
What's the point of these expensive retro sneakers with no new technology in them?
>>
>>18096494
if you don't like them don't wear them. problem solved you fucking whiney faggot
>>
>what's the point
to make money for whatever company is making them, same as for anything else. capitalism.
>>
>>18096494
They're simple, tried and tested designs.
If you want some overengineered running shoes go and get those, but outside of a few niche groups no one needs "new technology". Don't change a running system.
>>
>new technology

HAHAHA its a fucking SHOE

what the FUCK do you want? hyperthread soles? OLED laces? people are going to STEP on them

HAHAHA you are some fucking nerds sometimes you got to be kidding
>>
>>18096494
least comfortable shoes I've tried
>>
>>18096582
was literally about to reply with this
>go to shoe store to try the black spezial ones
>kinda look like shit irl
>try on anyway
>feels like shit

this shoe fucking sucks lol
>>
>>18096494
good marketing. Adidas always has a staple shoe on trend. It used to be the superstar, now it’s the samba. In 5 or so years it’ll be the campus or Stan smiths again, then they’ll refresh and it’ll be the superstars once more. It never ends.
>>
>>18096494
>Sambas
>Expensive
Huh?
>>
It's a staple, its a callback to specific iconography and styles. The degree to which you need the expensive ones is either the degree to which you need to collect the exact components of an archetype or outfit from a specific place and time. Otherwise it's goofy conspicuous consumption on the same level as a Gucci t-shirt. There's probably a much cheaper knockoff of similar (or even better) quality that can build a similar (or better) fit
>>
Man I'm one of those guys with 8 pairs of Sambas who build their whole identity around wearing them since forever and now I literally only see 20 year old girls wear them dressing like they're a 2000s hiphop star.
>>
>>18098161
just like everything else, it will pass and you can continue to be that guy without issue
>>
>>18096560
Cushioning technology retard. Adidas does that with some ADV stuff, years ago they made a forum with bounce foam in the sole instead of EVA. Those shoes felt great, much more comfortable than the regular forum. I still have a deadstock pair stored away.
>>
>>18096495
fpbp
>>
>>18096494
It the shoe version of iPhone phones, just retards and women buy it.
>>
>>18099558
>he fell for the marketing

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.