[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1693199419181509.png (2.12 MB, 1280x720)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
What is the most Zen diy activity and why is it wood turning?
>>
>>2799548
>What is the most Zen diy activity and why is it wood turning?

Because homo gays can make hideous overly complex garbage like your pic or this pic.
>>
look ma, I have no more taste than a brazillian mud frog!
>>
quick, pass me that air-sickness bag
>>
I bought a lathe to make bowls to sell on marketplace and cl.
I have a stack of bowls and a dusty lathe taking up room in my garage.
>>
File: inigo.jpg (55 KB, 500x420)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2799548
>Zen
that's not then. that's the opposite of zen.
>>
>>2799550
This wouldnt be so bad if they were all the same color. Kinda like people in a country
>>
zen would be something repetitive, quiet, detail oriented but simple, and safe
Working on a lathe is none of those
Try knitting or calligraphy
>>
>>2799647
It is zen when you're watching Oddly Satisfying Ultimate Woodturning ASMR Compilation and don't have to deal with the sound or sawdust or otherwise engage with the activity.
>>
I hate using my lathe nowadays. It used to be so much fun but now I obsess over little sanding marks and microscopic bits of torn grain or a less than satisfactory finish and I can hardly complete a project. I try doing new and challenging things but rarely do they turn out as I imagined and i throw them out.
OTOH, I saw some genuinely bad bowls in a small shop for local artists that people apparently liked but I have no idea how this hack was able to put a price on them in good conscience.
>>
>>2799548
literally ZEN GARDENING
you know with the stones and raking patterns in sand and such. Wood turning is noisy and brutal.
Even clay pottery is more zen but still it places value in something materialistic meant to last and it gets imprinted with the creators touch which might hang around and prevent a complete passing from this existence.
>>
>>2799548
riding my bike on small streets instead of the bike lanes on bloor

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.