[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1691306283093569.png (2.47 MB, 1800x1224)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
I have two issues that I am wondering about.
Pic related left:
I have read that certain bowl cleaner ingredients can wear down the glaze on the porcelain, which I want to avoid, and I also wonder about using certain products with PVC line. I need a cleaning product that is going to maximize the life of the toilet, and not damage PVC drainline. Is there a particular ingredient I should look into? Brand names?
Pic related right:
I am looking for a selective herbicide that isn't going to give me cancer or kill my neighbor's cat. Does such a thing exist?
>>
>>2795428
1. anything with abrasive in it (ie comet) will eventually scratch the porcelain. just use a toilet brush and elbow grease. also, nothing you can buy at home depot will damage your pvc. you'd need to dump hot concentrated peroxide down your drain to damage it.
2. glyphosate, seriously. it's perfectly safe for household use. the people who die from it are the idiots that swim in it every day.
>>
>>2795428
glyphosate is a endocrine disruptor.

just pull the weeds and stop being lazy.
>>
>>2795428
why would you want to kill dandelions, you retard
bees love it, they taste great, they look nice and you can make liqueurs, wine or mead with their flowers
you americans are literally retarded and i will never understand you
>>
>>2795429
>>2795910
>>2796198
glypho isn't selective, if it photosynthesizes it dies

>>2795428
you might not have much luck finding a selective herbicide you can 100% trust not to give you cancer in 50 years,
they're specifically engineered to monkey-wrench one or more things crucial to (plant) life at a cellular level
>>
>>2795428
Don't use anything abrasive like comet/ajax and you should be ok. As far as the pvc drain line, not really anything to worry about, nothing you use to clean a toilet is going to effect it unless you pour something crazy down there like gasoline or paint thinner.
>>
glyphosate disrupts the skimate pathway which humans lack
the problem with it is that our gut bacteria do contain this pathway and disrupting their ecosystem according to research from this ever expanding field can make us quite sick
>>
>>2795428
There is literally no reason to be afraid of glysophate if you're using it to kill a few weeds
That said spraying it will leave a big fat circle of dead plants wherever you sprayed it, you need a preemergent applied a few months ago
>>
>>2796198
Most of the dandelions in my yard get chopped once a week, at least, when I mow. And if I can't find a selective, then I'll just use a straight herbicide for my driveway and patio and such.
>>
>>2796235
I will look into a pre-emergent when fall rolls around. I'm still smack dab in the middle of the homeowner learning curve - only 2 years in.
>>
>>2796231
What about corrosive products, like that blue stuff?
>>
>>2796233
This is good information, anon. Do you have any information in Diquat? Is it more or less hazardous that glypho? I know the EU no longer allows it.
>>
Is quinclorac safe around vegetable gardens? I’ve got a lawn in the backyard roughly 1200 Sqft but its perimeter is surrounded by a garden bed and divided with edging pavers like pic related.

The herbicide would be used on the lawn but I’m concerned about leeching or overspray that would harm the consumability of my veggies. In addition, would it be safe to add pre-emergent in this scenario next spring without worry of poisoning my veggies as well?
>>
>>2795428
just get one of these. super fast and easy and there's no waiting around for the weed to die (and possibly return)
just uproot the fuckers you don't want
>>
>>2796537
Now that thing means business. I'll look into it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.