[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: grow.jpg (400 KB, 750x1500)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
So the laws have changed in my jurisdiction recently, allowing every home to grow up to 4 marijuana plants. I'm wondering if someone who has experience can help me with this.
I have no ambition beyond 4 plants, so i'm wondering if this small scale setup would be sufficient, or if i need more space(or better lights, or whatever)
I'm thinking of getting one of these closet-sized green house's, remove 2 of the shelves and putting 2 plants per shelf, and then suspending 2 cheap grow light led panels.
I know theres still the matter of keeping the humidity in check, filtering out the smell with carbon filters, etc... But is this atleast the right jumping off point? Or am i under-estimating the light or space required for 4 plants?

These are the light panels i'm looking at, btw.
>https://www.amazon.com/LBW-Spectrum-Lighting-Dimmable-Suitable/dp/B0B9WCBYPY
And yeah, i'm trying to do this as cheap as possible... if i like the hobby, i'll put more cash into it, but i just want the best value for starting out.
>>
>>2795148
Do you live in an apartment or a house? If you live in a house, I find it easier to grow anything in the ground esp if you're just trying it out and not minmaxing
>>
House, but I really want to keep it maintained and limited to basement. Apparently the stuff grown out in the open is likely to get ripped up by street kids over night... And my backyard is pretty open.
>>
File: standard-grow-tents.jpg (238 KB, 1024x645)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
those are meant for decks or nestled up to a large window if youre putting it in a closet get a real grow tent with a cover that blocks out the light or dont use a tent at all the closet will be the tent
>>
File: SHF 7 Arnolds 1.jpg (1.23 MB, 1600x1600)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
more rack space for cheaper with regular old wire rack packs
>>
>>2795148
The lights on your amazon link are not worth it.
It says it's 20W, this is basically nothing in terms of grow light providing good PPFD. (Basically more watts = more photosynthesis, and in this case 20W is very little. But still better than nothing I guess)

Good grow lights are usually 600+ LEDs, 100W+ , and have full spectrum (UV+IR) (760nm wavelength).
Mars Hydro and Spider Farmer are popular brands for LED grow lights but there are other better brands too..

The lights are at most $200-$400 and you should expect to replace them every 2 years (worst case) if you want to do this long term.
>>
true work horse is an always be hps bulbs price is cheaper and the bulbs are cheap
>>
2x4 blackout grow tent (comfy)
240w led board
inline fan
2 clip fans
outlet timer
a bunch of rope ratchets
2-3 topped photoperiods in 5 gallon pots
a smaller space and light for a single mother plant/clones

experiment with grafting strains to the mother
>>
>>2795377
>a smaller space and light for a single mother plant/clones
>experiment with grafting strains to the mother
I'd suggest waiting a cycle or two before going down this path. OP will have enough going on getting started.
Once nailed with this setup, then look at dialing in nutrients and light spectrum (this is where LEDs really excel).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.