[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tractor1.jpg (1.6 MB, 2040x1536)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
I'm buying a new tractor, it gets delivered next week. Kioti CX2510 with the FEL, 3" spacers, weighted rear fill and a 5 spine box blade. pretty excited, can finally fix my gravel driveway
>>
File: tractor2.jpg (1.68 MB, 2040x1536)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>2792481
nice fat backend for roll stability on my hilly, rutted road
>>
>>2792483
Fill the tires up with bull semen for more stability.
>>
Just FYI, if you ever use it as a cherry picker to pull an engine, make absolutely sure everything is disconnected. That's one some people have to learn the hard way
>>
>>2792481
What did that cost you? There's an older unit up for sale at auction near me on May 1st.
>>
Just don't ride with your foot on the clutch, you'll burn it out in a few hours of runtime
>>
I bought an 830 case-o-matic diesel today...
>>
>>2792604
those are a good looking tractor with full rear fenders and fat rubber all the way around
>>
File: kubota.jpg (1.02 MB, 2040x1536)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>2792599
Out the door I think 21k with tax, full rimguard, and spacers? Extra 1400 for the 60" box blade. I had a Kubota BX2380 I was trading in but I only got 11k trade-in for it but what can you do. That tractor simply wasnt doing the job and I couldn't go another winter with it. I thought about spending the extra 5-6k or so and jumping up to the CK26 but I just think that might be too big of a tractor for my application. Hoping I dont regret that decision and have to trade the CX in later... The Kubota is in this pic, it had reached the tipping point just on this extremely slight angle trying to plow my driveway. Barely angled and the front tire spun a bit of snow and boom, the whole thing was unstable. I could push it over with my hand. New one should be much better and heavier. Its got almost another 1500 lbs of weight on the Kubota, and thats without the filled rear tires.

>>2792603
I've driven manual cars all my life, but also this one is HST which is dope. You only clutch to start the engine and engage the PTO, otherwise you never touch it. You can even change range without clutching
>>
File: 654d56d69bfd7.jpg (104 KB, 1200x1194)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>2792481
what is your plan if rear wheel bearing gets worn out? can you pick up a 500 lb wheel by yourself
>>
>>2792655
Probably borrow my neighbor's tractor and pick up the tire, put it in the truck to take to the dealer. Or call the dealer to come pick up the tractor
>>
>>2792723
>pick up the tire, put it in the truck to take to the dealer.

you think the wheel bearing is built into the wheel? Have you ever touched a wrench in your life?
>>
>>2792655
You ever work on equipment? You don't usually have to pick up an entire wheel/tire assembly unless you're loading it onto something.

Get an air over hydraulic jack and jack it up so it's barely on the ground. Remove lug nuts, wiggle it off and roll it out of the way.
>>
>>2792481
>new front-loader
>without auto levelling
ngmi
>>
>>2792655
Why would a hobby user wear out a rear axle bearing on a tractor that recent?

>>2792769
^Wisdom born of experience. I use a self-built big rig airbag jack and cribbing with or without scrap wheel rims laid horizontally to safely raise heavy stuff (see inturnetz for ways to make them suit your needs or buy one as they're reasonable) and that would be no problem.

If I required tire repair I didn't want to do (bad back) then I'd use the bucket to raise the tire to bed height. and haul it off or use my liftgate (every gearhead should have one, they're dirt cheap used and easy to mount) or wrecker boom or maddick to load.

What a ginormous shitload of men can do, another man can do in a way that's usually easy and fun.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.