[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ox.jpg (258 KB, 1080x1898)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
Where do you buy tposts?
Is this actually how much they cost? I would have expected about half that
>>
>>2792465
do you have a "farm store" in your area?
and yes, t posts have gotten retarded expensive in last few years
>>
>>2792467
Yeah i would have thought the one i posted would be it
Where do construction sites get them in big bundles?
At that price i will quickly blow my budget
>>
Jesus. Last time I bought new ones they were around $7 each if I remember right. Damn glad I have a surplus of them and every time I tear out an old fence i can salvage about 98% of them for re-use.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (90 KB, 936x843)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>2792465
did you even bother looking around
>>
>>2792542
Im leaf but it might be worth a trip
>>
File: tposts.jpg (60 KB, 1029x514)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2792542
Yeah they're $5 apiece at Crackwhore Supply
>>
$6 each at home depot or lowes, do those exist in that horrible Chinese/Indian occupied despot?
>>
>>2792465
Lowe's
They do cost half that
>>
>>2792834
>>2792834
Theyre the same ~$15 at home depot and no lowes near me
People are selling cedar posts for $4 locally but i imagine the work involved installing them will negate the monetary savings
I think a border trip is in order unless i find better deals in store
>>
>>2793198
How much fence do you have to put up?
>>
>>2793307
Up to around 1200' but it depends on cost
>>
>>2792465
i buy mine from t-girls
>>
>>2793313
You tearing out old fence and replacing it or putting up new fence where there was no fence before?

I just tore out and rebuilt about 1/3 of a mile of fence. Was able to reuse all the posts and most of the wire so my total overall cost was just the time it took to tear out and rebuild.
>>
>>2793621
All new
>>
>>2793313
What are you keeping in 1200 ft?

I'm thinking of getting a single dairy cow, tethering her bridle harness, and moving her around daily. Basically like intensive paddock rotation, but without all the damn fencing expense.
>>
TRUST ME,
Buy the bigger ones, DO NOT BUY the cheap ones. They are made of pre-twisted chinese metal and will twist with one decent hit. They will fold, bend, warp, and have zero staying power in the ground with any tension at all.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.