[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1624771272539.jpg (237 KB, 1125x1500)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
What would you do to your house if money was no object?
>>
If that pic is inside your house I'd say you've already maxed out the potential and can spend all that spare cash on sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
>>
>>2792436
buy neighbors house and demolish it and turn that property into a gigantic fenced off back yard and get a big hot tub and make a small skatepark and learn how to shred a half pipe. and put a slide from my bedroom window into the backyard.
>>
>>2792436
tear it down, including the foundation, and build a house that has a floor level with the ground.
who the fuck thought raised ranch sounded like a good idea?
>>
>better bathroom and kitchen ventilation
>turn bathroom into vintage style wetroom while preserving the original fixtures
>all new floors
>dew proof metal roof
>solar array
>perimeter fencing
>side deck from the sunroom
>2nd basement bathroom
>buy as much neighboring property as possible
>>
>>2792674
Its good for basement windows without digging pits around them, and also for floodplains. Also lets you dab on the wheelchair faggots who cant get into your house.
>>
>>2792674
>>2792717
I grew up in a raised bungalow and its one of my favorite styles of house
Great for parties
>>
>>2792436
Id probably rebuild it.
>Passive solar
>Bungalow
>Under 1500sqft
>Workshop attached
>>
Curbless tile shower with multiple heads bench and niches.
Fully customize my kitchen cabs and appliances
Add hardwood flooring and replace carpet in rooms. Fully sand and repaint all the old trim. Redo stairs in hardwood. Replace interior doors with solidcore. Fix sound isolation throughout the house by bolstering insulation and doing idk what with the hvac.
Remove panels in main floor and replace with wainscotting. Demo drop ceilings, repair plaster in main floor. Repaint all interior and exterior, except my room I already repainted.
Gut all the knob and tube electrical, rewire entire house. Automate smart outlets in various locations. Add led under cab and stair lighting.
Add tankless water heater and heat pump. Replace 7 layers of old shingles with new roof. Replace hose bib. Add sump pump in basement. Pour my back gravel drive to cement. Build planters and add automated irrigation.

It never ends, op. I rent and don't have time. Minimize your clutter as best you can and your workflow will keep you progressing.
>>
Metal roof (probably do this someday anyhow)

Rennovate my bathroom with a giant bathtub with a heater of some sorts to keep water hot for long hot soaking my aching body.

Redo my rear deck so it runs the entire long side of the house and is red iron framed and uses steel railings and just a wooden deck surface... Its a two story deck and I gotta do something with it someday...
>>
1990 single level with a god-awful amount of glass block.
--redo both bathrooms to get rid of glass block and builders grade tile
--remove bathroom carpet and replace with a tile floor
--replace all windows
--create a laundry/mudroom with outside access door
--build a front porch
--remove indoor jacuzzi
--enclose front walkway to create an entry area
--raise livingroom to be level with hallways and kitchen
--add windows and a/c to indoor pool building
--build 5 car carport
Looking at that list, I gotta ask myself why I bought this house in the first place
>>
>>2792436
I would relocate my house to the richest neighborhood in Israel, make it have a thousand master bedrooms, and then fill all those bedrooms with big black booty men to culturally enrich my neighbors. Then when all the fire and looting begins to die down I would turn that land into a massive swimming pool and slap an island in the middle of it containing my shed, of course inside of it being a bed, dope ass computer setup, air fryer, rice cooker, sink, and right in the middle of it a massive skibidi toilet where all my diarrhea dispenses into the pool surrounding me and when I flush the skibidi man wipes my ass and washes it with soap made of jews. Unfortunately money isn't even real just like everything else jews invented it is a big lie, so I cannot realize this.
>>
>>2792436
Build a full-sized hardened aircraft shelter garage/shop and a 20ft thicc Atlantic Wall style bunker with flat roof to lounge on.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.