[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6145.jpg (1.72 MB, 4032x3024)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
can i replace a 320x240 54 pin lcd with a 640x480 54 pin lcd ?
>>
yes. as long as it has the same number of pins nothing else matters.
>>
>>2791916
>can i replace a 320x240 54 pin lcd with a 640x480 54 pin lcd ?
Definite maybe, you might find distortion of the device and screen don't match e.g. missing vertical/horizontal lines, quadrupled pixels but misaligned. They can be fine, check begot replacing it you're doing a retro handheld etc.
If you're fixing a game gear, look up how to recapp them. The originals leak quicker than most.
>>
File: IMG_6080.jpg (1.75 MB, 4032x3024)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>2791956
>If you're fixing a game gear, look up how to recapp them. The originals leak quicker than most.
already did, also replaced the oroginal diplay cuz it was fucked

problem its a 320x240 and i noticed the pixels sont match 100%, where there is movement the image look weird, i thought it was because of a shitty mod but turns out all the 320x240 GG mods have that problem
>>
bump
>>
>>2791916
why are you fucking around with a gamegear? just get one of those handheld emulators and have a 10x better experience.
>>
>>2792242
Retro gaming on original hardware, albeit modified in this case, is fun. Fond memories of burning through 6 AAA batteries in a couple of hours on the game gear.
>>
>>2792242
its like having sex with a hooker to replace your teenage love.
its just not the same
>>
>>2791967
Digging around on this and the market for Game Gear IPS screens is not as good as Gameboy. They're out there but the cost is insane. Link below seems to be the best but at $120.
https://www.retrorgb.com/gamegearmcwilllcd.html
This seems to be a buy once, cry once situation.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.