[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I've been training tae kwon do for some time and I saw that there is a necessity of recreating some sort of detection on the armor. To give more context, in the major competitions, there are sensors in the armor that are responsible for detecting contact and the amount of force applied. I'm wondering if I can replicate it with an arduino and want tips on this.
What I've found so far is that it is possible to use FSR sensors, but they are not good for measuring a scale of force. So I should be able to use load cells with an Arduino and a HX711 amplifier module.
Any tips on doing this whole project? Hardest part for me might be inserting it all inside the armor.
>>
strain gauges are the usual choice these days for force detection
>>
For example, there are these load cells, and I could add them to the padding with some form of plate that covers some area, and this should allow me to validate where the kicks are hitting. Any ideias on how I should distribute these?
>>
>>2791900
Why not load cells?
>>
bump
>>
>>2791902
Not a good fit for wearables due to rigidity, and a big ol' flex sensor gives you coverage that's more appropriate for something that's getting punched or kicked.
>>
>>2791894
Wacker Nexipal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuQMiivCksw

I don't know if they still take requests for product samples but your use case seems like a great product demonstration.
It's just a capacitive sensor, or (high) voltage actuator. Easy to kitchen /diy/ in the case of usage as an actuator:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLswQ5fazdzRiosoCyIBKTe3TOoSxAljdr

A bit more cumbersome to /diy/ as a sensor unless you are familiar with silicone and spin coating. I remember reading a paper from a Danish university (DTU?) about the process. They tested different kinds and concentrations of conductive additives. Graphite and graphene among others IIRC.
>>
>>2791901
>how I should distribute these
Place them where the force is being applied.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.