[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>shower at house is leaking
>needs a new shower tray
>mother decides to get the shower ripped out and all the tiling surrounding it
>ask her the night before this is done if shes going to get a new shower tray or a bath
>"I havent decided yet"
>shower gets ripped out, as well as all the tiling
>some woodwork underneath needs replacing next to where the shower tray was (due to the leak)
>the wood+floor needs drying out
>she puts a fucking dehumidifier on it to do so
>gets multiple plumbers round for different quotes for the cost of fitting new stuff in
>finally decides shes putting in a bath
>has only now decided to order the parts to do so
>they take up to a week to arrive
>could have just ripped out the shower tray, the bottom layer of tiles, replaced the wood underneath, got a new shower tray and retiled the area (we still have enough spare)

i'm actually fucking pissed, I questioned her at every turn and she either ignored or dismissed it
now she's paying out to get an entire new bath fitted, shitty fucking plastic cladding for the walls because its "cheaper" and we're going without a shower for 2 weeks when it could have been solved in a day or two at half the cost because she didnt plan jack fucking shit
>>
>>2787982
>putting a woman in charge
You only have yourself (and your mother for making your dad leave) to blame.
>>
>mom does thing
>its not about me
>mom gives up
>this makes OP the victim, as he was not given the role of gm.
You are an only child arent you?
>>
>>2787982
This is why your father left the house to buy some cigarettes 15 years ago and never came back
>>
>>2787982
You have to be 18 to post here.

If you are over 18 why are you still living with your mommy?
>>
>>2787982
>Living with your mom
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>2788281
>>2788288
If you're too old to know about the current housing market situation you shouldn't be allowed here.
Boom booms are worse than zoom zooms
>>
>finally decides shes putting in a bath

Tell your mom the only acceptable bath is an Onsen. Then show her pictures. This will either throw her woman brain for a loop to where she either tries to put in a Onsen or buy a home in Japan.

Meanwhile get a gym membership (bonus if it has a pool) or find a truck stop to shower at. If neither of those are possible (overweight austist or poor) sneak into the back lawn at 4am to wash yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJES6CdLFqE&t=41s
>>
>>2788931
>If you're too old to know about the current housing market situation you shouldn't be allowed here.

All I hear are crybaby excuses from the basement dwellers. Get off your ass.

T. Just turned 39 yesterday.
>>
>>2789324
You are too old, you have to go.
>>
File: th-2007420498.jpg (25 KB, 474x355)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2789911
I never was with "it," because I really didn't give a fuck.
Then they changed what "it" was.
Someday it will happen to you!
>>
>>2788931
Haha, you think people who are over 25 are boomers...
I bet you think communism is still a viable idea despite the requirement for flawless leadership.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.