[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Where do I start?
>>
File: 1713328065427770.jpg (1.97 MB, 3000x2250)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>2787900
Right here.
>>
>>2787902
Should I glue that back on?
>>
Pull everything out, clean the floor and put some OSB over that insulation
>>
>>2787918
What is OSB?
>>
File: osb.jpg (756 KB, 1800x1200)
756 KB
756 KB JPG
>>2787937
oriented strand board
>>
>>2787940
That will be the way when the plumbing and electrical need to be done. I'm thinking those two need doing first.
>>
>>2787900
what the hell is that floor even trying to do
>>
>>2788003
In what regard? It's concrete but it's not level, it runs with the hill
>>
>>2787900
Site dumpster, remove all the garbage, junk, crappy cheap fixtures from that disgusting shower. Tear out all the old drywall or lathe and plaster that is significantly damaged by water or just looks like paint wont fix. Fill dat up and have it taken away. Clean the entire site.

2. Drop ceiling, level that weird concrete floor with self leveling concrete. install subfloor up to the same height as concrete in the back and door. Knock out that wall and have it all open, install support beam if you need to. Seems like someone already did that and just build some shit wall instead of putting in the proper support.

3. Install half a wall and put a countertop for open counter seating, turn the water hookup in that weird shower in to the beginning of a kitchen. Countertops/beautiful consistent cabinetry. No home depot crap. Mid-range stainless steel appliances. Replace all windows with black frames. EXPAND windows in your new kitchen to let in as much natural daylight as possible in to your shitshack.

4. Install can lighting for consistent lighting throughout both rooms. Maybe a light fixture to sit above a dining table? Run line and install outlets every 4 feet. Drywall EVERYTHING.

5. Install maple hardwood floor throughout entire building, shimming (or whatever floor leveling method is for hardwood) with no thresholds and perfectly level.

6. Protect floors, paint drywall revere pewter grey, stain floors with a nice natural stain.
>>
My advise is level that fucking floor.
Mine is 1/2" out over 5 feet and it is driving me crazy.
Shoot for perfection, because you won’t get there.
Now all I have is regret. I shure as shit don’t want to do it now.
>>
>>2787900
What are you hoping to achieve? Budget? Any trade skills/building trade contacts?
If that was home, I'd remove all non-structural timber, jackhammer up that "floor", and start again on a fresh slab.
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to check out any structural work while you're at it kek
Is that corro cladding?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.