[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6421.jpg (1.91 MB, 4032x3024)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>still trying to make something out of my land

Feels comfy bros
>>
Id clear that dead grass shit away from that fire
>>
Is this the magic burrito
>>
File: IMG_3126.jpg (391 KB, 1511x1119)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_6438.jpg (1.87 MB, 4032x3024)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>2787385
I did clear that anon

>>2787389
No it’s just depression

>>2787390
Hell yeah brother
>>
>>2787379
Looks comfy OP.
>>
>>2787390

Don't eat the under cooked legumes!
>>
>>2787379
So other than parking a camper and starting a campfire, what have you "made out of your land?"
>>
>>2787523
3 ounces of pure meth and whittled a war stick
>>
>>2787379
lol
>>
File: IMG_6441.jpg (2.69 MB, 4032x3024)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
>bees in my camper
It’s over
>>
>>2787379
You're doing a lot better than me, anon. Currently, all I got set up on my 3 acres so far is a couple log piles, a camp style bench, and a hole to shit in. I did have a simple, small, root cellar for drinks, that I made by burying a 5 gallon bucket. But the rain came through and washed it out.

Still trying to collect some wood pallets, clearing and leveling out a nice permanent camp site, looking into making some better bushcraft furniture, and planning out a good place to set up a shed.

I would love to get a small camper, but I'm not sure that would fly in the neighborhood
>>
>>2787832
you shit in a hole and you're worried they'd be mad about the camper?

>>2787379
I was just thinking this morning about how I should put in some hammock ready posts and maybe a lattice roof. I mean there are trees but it's not ideal and after having hammocks in a state park picnic table area I think it would be a lot nicer.
>>
>>2787839
Campers are explicitly against the community covenant. If the neighbors want to be cockbags about it, it could cause a lot of trouble that I don't need. I'm also worried about someone stealing it if I'm away for a week or so. It's 3 acres of woods, but it's not so rural that I trust to just leave my tools and shit laying around.

But the shitting hole is just a septic test pit in the middle of the woods that didn't pan out. It's pretty well hidden, I only use it when I absolutely need to, and I cover the turds with about a shovel or two of fill dirt, so it doesnt smell. I did have an older, used, toilet seat I considered using to make it a more proper latrine. But I decided against it, since that would just make it obvious I'm shitting in a hole in the woods. Also shitting in the woods somehow ISN'T against the community covenent, so that's on the property developer for not expecting it
>>
>>2787857

Thats because in my state at least wasewater laws are state laws.
Dont make it ok violate wastewater disposal rules.
>covenant
>no campers

You're fucked anon
>>
If the world gives you bees…make honey money
>>
File: shed.jpg (67 KB, 1523x689)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2787857
what about a shed? this could be a legitimate shed scenario.
>>
>>2787857
>>
File: tunnel of bees.jpg (48 KB, 533x496)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2787758
>>
>>2787857
Toilet paper will dry out and blow along so use it sparingly.
>>
i have a place in rural area
you need to clear a area 100ft from the brush so its not a fire hazard
next
fence the area in
this will make if feel like a backyard
>>
>>2788076
just use dry leaves or grass instead
>>
>>2787390
This dude died because he turned around 50feet before salvation because he retardedly let himself get too frail
>>
>>2788064
Composting is in right now
>>
File: IMG_6460.jpg (2.49 MB, 3278x2448)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
What the fuck should I do with all these BEES? Should I get a jacket and a box and set these fuckers up?

What the FUCK
>>
>>2789622
shopvac, 5 gallon bucket, window screen.
Just set it and forget it!

Or you could just put some sprayfoam into the hole and wait a week.

or buy a bee suit, get up and personal with them and open the wall on the inside and find the hive, capture the queen and put her in a little bee cage and try to convince them to go into a bee box. Some people will come get them for free just to do that, but they'd probably fuck the wall up a little and you'd have your honey STOLEN. Who the fuck wants to get robbed? Not you, not the bees.

or convert the entire thing into a bee hive, put that bitch on cinder blocks so it doesn't sink into the ground because next fall you're going to be a honey millionaire!
>>
>>2789630
this is the best idea here
just make it a beehive shed , they exist
they are perfect for the climate
just put more bee boxes in the shed fill it up
i agree you can easily make another cuck shed
also bee sheds are not permitted
guy comes just open it

honestly its a great money making venture
>>
>>2789622
>>2789703
You can make a good bit of money off honey and mead. but you have to ask yourself if it's worth living with bees all the time. I've worked in fruit fields that were totally infested with them before. They generally dont bother you if you dont bother them, but you will get stung sooner or later. Might not be that bad if you have enough land that you can give them a wide birth tho
>>
>>2787379
I have 0,42 acres and I'm trying to get the best of it in Spain. AMA
>>
>>2789051
>just use dry leaves
Beware of poison oak and ivy.
>or grass
a fistful of feces
>>
>>2789051
>>2790338
Pine needles work best. Leaves your asshole smelling fresh and clean
>>
>>2789075
that's someone else
>>
File: 1713536566293773.jpg (141 KB, 1000x1000)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>2787857
>covenant
>>
Ok, so i had signed up for helpx. I learned some things. Good hosts on there if you look. Learn you some practical stuff.

Now I'm on 70 acres, 10 cleared. Good visibility. Natural gas, spring water. Cell service. Have space for two more families/plots. Rural, of course. No building Codes.
>>
>>2791624
>No building Codes
Lol where?
>>
>>2791628
> you mean there are places without building codes?

oO cmon are you having a retarded moment?

Damnit, son. Look up counties that don't have building Codes. Here, I asked Google for you:
https://www.bobvila.com/articles/states-with-no-building-codes/

As the author of the article states, the most likely exceptions are so-called residential in unincorporated areas. In other words, while there are no building codes per se, there may be health department requirements for a place that handles food, requiring certain plumbing standards, or fire standards for commercial buildings, etc. No one cares how you build your shack for you, but they may care if your set-up isn't designed to prevent disease through improper sanitation process for food, to the public. Then, there could be an attempt to annoy or hassle you, around issues by State jurisdiction. Then ... in cases of overreach, like the Pennsylvania Department of Ag trying to force that Amish farmer to sign up with them, they didn't like it when he said 'no', and so pennsylvania was found gay, and thrown off the nearest grain silo.

Nah I wish. Pennsylvania land is pricey, too. I know someone there who is still crammed in a duplex with his two sons, daughter, wife, mom, and an assortment of dogs. City is no kinda place for show hands.
>>
>>2789777
Former beekeeper here. If you can avoid them by two meters you aren't going to get stung. Unless of course the bees have been cross bred with the african bees. Once you cross breed european bees with african bees you get some shit mutt bees. Neither really good with dealing with mites (parasites to the hive) and also somewhat aggressive. Avoid Africanized bees.
>>
>>2787379
keep trying, you've done nothing
>>
>>2787857
I know covenants run with the land but I think I remember something from my land use class about developer's covenants only applying to the initial purchasers

That is probably incorrect tho because like I said, covenants run with the land
>>
>>2787758
R.I.P. Op
>>
>>2789622
is that brand new
>>
>>2787857
Woodland camo works. I use it to make one of my shipping containers bled with my woods. Camo is easy to spray paint and a good time would be when you fix that hole in your camper. Copy a military patten appropriate to your location. /k/ will know links to pubs with color/pattern info.

>>2787857
>Campers are explicitly against the community covenant.

What IS permitted (and why did you throw away money on such a restricted piece of land, it may be wiser to tidy it up, clear a select area and sell it for a profit)?

Can you build a workshop?

>>2789622
Kill them. Complex lives diffuse limited resources like time and money. A few prokect you complete beat many incomplete.
>>
>>2787758
Free honey.
>>
>>2787379
Wait... Hotwing Man from like, 3 years ago? That guy?
>>
Leave the fucking bees alone OP

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.