[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1706147491817.png (25 KB, 582x217)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
We own you.
>>
>>2779917
* engineers
The beautifying is later done by artists once a working design is made.

Shame electronics is such souless garbage aesthetics-wise despite this guy's showboating.

Like give me optical fiber that looks like tree roots
>>
File: drilllg.jpg (56 KB, 1200x628)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2779922
Rainbow tree roots delivered.
>>
File: JoestarStandManga.jpg (113 KB, 344x527)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>2779923
Don't post that gore ever again

Also I meant more
>>
>>2779917
AI can design everything better and make them more durable without adding stupid shit like a charge port on the bottom of a mouse because the designer didn't want people using it with cord attached.
It's time to face facts the age of man is over.
>>
>>2779923
That there is the fault of the locates man,
>>
>>2779917
>"LITERALLY the backbone of society"
This guy doesn't know what the word "literally" means, does he?
>>
>>2780241
Literally, like ironically, has evolved. Stupid people use a word wrong enough so that the actual meaning is changed.
>>
>>2780241
what else do you expect from an art kid? too dumb to do anything else and full enough of themselves to think anything else is below them. at least the rest of us have a suspicion that we might be retarded.
>>
>>2779917
Electronics looked better when they just let the engineers do the design
>>
>>2780244
Just like vaccine.
>>2780303
Yes, they did have a simple honesty to their designs.
>>
File: IMG_5966.jpg (41 KB, 512x291)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>2780201
AI generated parts look weird and require metall 3D printing
>but to be fair they are stronger or lighter compared to their conventional counterpart
>>
>>2780244
No it hasn't "evolved", illiterate retards just feel no shame in putting their illiteracy on display and demanding that the rules be changed so they can pretend to be right.
>>
>>2780322
>demanding that the rules be changed

You need to read a bit about how language develops. Seldom do "retards" demand that language rules be changed. If enough people use a word incorrectly, guess what.

The only case I know of where retards demanded a rule change, and it hasn't been adopted yet, is the notion that only whites can be racist. But in many cases, the retards have prevailed. "Beg the question" is an example. Nobody uses that correctly any more because 99% of the audience will think you used it wrong.
>>
>>2780322
You don't even know where to put the comma after a quoted word, and you're calling other people retards? Wow.
>>
>>2779923
Ouch, that's a walk away and never return incident right there. Reminds me of a story about an oil field worker who accidentally dropped a sledgehammer down a newly drilled well, just walked off site never to be heard from again
>>
>>2779917
>OP doesn't know the difference between artists and industrial designers
>>
>>2780341
That's the best flex you can manage?
Embarrassing
>>
>>2780325
I understand how language develops, and the fact that (you) give up and accept retard speak as correct doesn't make it so. Saying "literally" to specifically mean "figuratively" will always be retarded.
>>
>>2780241
It's the most simplest word he could think of.
>>
>>2780442
Interesting that you keep using the word "retard" and "retarded," except you're using them in a way that is not their actual, original definition. Were you aware of this? I'm sure you'll correct this incorrect usage. Thanks!
>>
>>2780435
>industrial designers
yikes
>>
>>2780435
>>2780473
To be fair, most inudstrial designers don't know the difference either and consider themselves artists.
That's how you end up with someone trying to make changes to tiny irrelevant radii after tooling has already been cut. Like no, retard.
>>
File: 1705204671603503.png (394 KB, 1016x575)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>>2779917
I thing that retard is talking about engineers and industrial designers.
>>
>>2779922
>>2779917
Doesn't matter they are both imitations of the ideal form of what chair is.
>>
>>2779917
>Artists
I don't think that word means what he thinks it means
>>
>>2780380
I know fuck all about oil wells, but couldn't you fix that with a rope and a magnet?
>>
>>2780638
from quora

If the item that is dropped into the hole is made of steel or any hard metals, then you are in trouble if you want to drill ahead because drill bits are designed for formations, not steel.

Since wells are usually deep ( 1000s of m ), retrieving the item will take time. There are techniques to fish things from the hole, but sometimes it can be a hit or miss affair. For small items, a junk basket is usually used. But for larger items, it can take several trips in and out of the hole. Grapples, mills, overshots etc. We can be talking days of rig time. For cheaper land rigs, it is likely less expensive, but imagine a deepwater drillship and we are talking millions of dollars. Up to now, we are assuming the correct fishing equipment is on the rig. While project teams in town generally will try to have the required fishing tools on site for what they run, this is not always the case. If something breaks downhole leaving a fish that requires special fishing tools, then sourcing for those tools while a rig is on active hire can be very challenging and costly. Those days spent on NPT events like fishing will also push the project completion back, delaying oil production.

Imagine dropping your phone in between the seats in your car. Try retrieving it. Now imagine it is an awkward shaped item 3000m inside a small 8.5″ directional hole.

Update: Most of the time, it is cheaper to just set a plug and sidetrack around it. NPT will still be days.
>>
>>2779917
>We own you.
you dont even own your studio apartment you faggot
>>
AI 3d models are still pretty rough around the edges and 3d modeling is hecking useful
>>
>>2780202
I was watching fiber get put in my neighborhood and they play pretty fast and loose with the locators. The locators didn't do part of the neighborhood but they said fuck it and horizontal drilled the bitch anyways. Ain't got time to wait for them to come back out.
Also I think there's like a 4in beard minimum to work in utilities install
>>
File: 20240405_192240.jpg (2.2 MB, 2419x3225)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>2782402
>watching fiber get put in my neighborhood and they play pretty fast and loose with the locators. The locators didn't do part of the neighborhood but they said fuck it
fuck lazy hack ass telecom contractors
those dumb niggers were putting fiber in here a year ago and were totally dilligaf about everything. tore up the yard in front of the house. dumped gravel all over the lawn. cut a junction box right next to the water meter and filled the meter in with spoils. picel is a splice box put 3 feet out into the moddle easement driveway on my property to the neighbors houses. cocksuckers told me to eat shit when i asked why the fuck they were putting it there. there's splice boxes in shitty spots like that all over town
i hooked a telecom direct burial cable bundle in the middle of a 150 acre field with a ripper when i was driving tractor farming. lazy fucks had cut the corner at 45 degrees across the field with a cable sneaker plow at some point and it wasn't marked as a utility right of way easement on any land plat. they do retarded bullshit everyday of the week
>>
>>2782419
thankfully it wasn't too bad when they came down to my house, my parents had planted ornamental trees in the easement but they didn't run over any of them, the one closest to where they put the manhole died but it wasn't doing good to begin with. My neighbors were probably less than happy since they ripped up all kinds of ground running the drilling machine the day after it rained, ruts everywhere
>>
>>2779917
Nowadays we need to separate 'designer' and 'artist'. Designers are doing the useful and cool stuff. 'Artists' are doing worthless fingerpainting with shit while screeching "I'm exploring important topics!" and bitching why society doesn't want to give them money
>>
>>2779917
People used to till soil without beasts of burden or machines. Industrial design is quickly entering a new phase.
>>
>>2779917
All the better reason to automate chores and kitsch generation.
>>
bump
>>
File: 78798797.jpg (81 KB, 755x737)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>2780380
>>2782330
if it's that big a deal, do they even strap/lanyard things that aren't supposed to fall down there?
>>
>>2779917
>student loan debt to income ratio
that's a lot cope lmao
>>
File: run away.gif (810 KB, 424x226)
810 KB
810 KB GIF
>>2779923
>the average contractor when striking optic, sewer, electricity, gas or water lines
It honestly should be legal to shoot people who dig up utilities, like literal 'outlaw' status until they're hunted down
>>
>>2786837
Fucking cal trans hit the 911 fiber for the state and they tried to pretend it wasn't there
>>
>>2780201
>>2780317
Why do idiots think ai is intelligent? It actuallly has no real intelligence...
>>
File: taste the rainbow.jpg (43 KB, 800x469)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2786941
I spent so many lost hours of my life in overtime, measuring dB levels on fucked up fibre cuts I will go to my grave hating anyone with a rotary digger, trencher or excavator making holes in utilities
>Anon, you know those retards you yelled at out the front of the traffic exchange?
>Yes the ones with the trailer and licence plate I wrote down
>They cut your west cable
>....
>Are you still there? We need you to come into work again
>>
>>2779917
>MUH ARTISTS!
>the car
oh no heaven forbid my Ford only came in black like the old days, what would I do?
>>
>>2779923
how long and what would it take to fix something like that?
also friendly reminder to call Miss Utility before digging!!!
>>
>>2779917
T-Shirt price breakdown
>raw cotton: $0.60
>loom and screenprinting work in sweatshop: $0.40
>shipping from SE asia: $0.50
>personal brand logo: $10-$100
>online store overhead: $4
>>
>>2787214
What everyone who cared did back then, break out lacquer and a brush (some of those paint jobs on coaches and high end cars are impressive).
>>
>>2779917
>headset
>chair
Super cringe! It's plastic - designed for as many consumers as possible. Absolutely minimum artistic skill required for that.
A bush crafted bench or foot rest at least have soul and sturdiness. The same product bought from a profit maximizer of a chinkshit importer is nothing to think twice about.
>>
>>2787216
Thats actually copper. Like 16 hours if you count getting the motherfuckers that hit it in the first place to dig out and expose it to make a splice pit. If it's a big street you might have to pull both ends back to the closest manhole and just run one new cable. Depends on local practices but it's about the same work splicing either way. Replacing the cable is a more expensive because of the cable cost and it might not be in stock, especially if it's a larger cable. This looks pretty small like 4 or 600.

>>2786951
Looks like 600 too.
>>
>>2779917
dummy is describing creativity
by that notion everyone is essentially an artist
>>
>>2779917
artists who don't do other shit are completely useless
people who turn every job, every task into an art are the real artists
the world doesn't need any more artists,
the world needs well rounded people who also happen to make art
>>
File: 1654033584973.jpg (250 KB, 1498x1119)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>2779917
>>
>>2779922
So picrel is NOT desgined far maximum efficiency naval operations?
>>
>>2779917
artists drew waifus, engineers created them.
>>
based and da vinci pilled
>>
>>2779917
thats a weird way to spell engineers.
>>
>>2782419
>>2782446
cant you just find wires with lidar now?
>>
File: 1702661990743512.png (683 KB, 1366x768)
683 KB
683 KB PNG
>>2786951
>spent youth installing sprinklers
>finish a job
>watch the landscapers pull up at the house a few days later
>*mexican sounds of ritualistic pipe sacrifice via shovel*
>"yeah ditch nigger anon, my sprinkler system is le-"
>"I'm already on my way."

To be fair I've murdered countless cable lines literally just rolled under the sod. It was always funny the moment I took a spade to the neighborhood cable line, 50 boomers in their 55+ community would wander outside like zombies.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.