[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The first season debuts on Netflix US & UK on May 31st. Whether the show gets renewed depends on how it performs there https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/scavengers-reign-canceled-max-netflix-1235998046/
>>
>>143578599
>Netflix
It's fucked but I'll give it a watch
>>
damn. i wanted more alien flora and fauna
>>
>>143578599
On one hand, fucking HBO. On the other, I'm not sure this show needs a season 2, it was already creeping too far away from "show, not tell" by the end of S1.
>>
>>143578599
This is the only website that ever talks about the show, we're screwed
>>
>>143578635
same
love that this is basically a Speculative Evolution show. Like something made by CM Kosemen or similar artists.
>>
>>143578688
it was giving mobius and druillet for me, loved the colour
>>
>>143578599
Fortunately the show actually had an ending and wasn’t one of the dozens of loser shows that leaves their shit on a cliffhanger to only get cancelled get fucked final space, get fucked RWBY, lmao at your franchises
>>
>>143578774
Final Space is at least getting a conclusion.
>>
>>143578599
>borrowed a buddy’s HBO max account just to watch this legally
Fuck it. I’m cancelling all my subscriptions and pirating from now on.
>>
>>143578640
> I'm not sure this show needs a season 2
Yeah, before watching, I’d heard that the show was “open ended enough for a season 2,” and I got worried it was gonna have an unsatisfactory ending. But I think the ending was pretty good and conclusive enough.
>>
People really thought letting the guy that reduced Discovery into programming for alt-right hicks would do good with Warner Bros.
>>
>HBO max original
This literally has no meaning in this day and age with how much shit gets fucking canceled on the go.
>>
>>143578599
>why don't they make more adult cartoons that aren't FG clones?
>they do
>no one watches it
>gets cancelled
You fucks deserve the slop you are served
>>
>>143580840
same for netflix
Whats the point in investing in any of these shows
>>
>>143578599
Not surprising with the current state of things at WB
>>
>>143580922

People aren't looking for diversity slop.
>>
>>143580987
If the character is white you would complain anyway.
>>
>>143578599
What made Max not want it? It looks cool.
>>
>>143578599
Fuck, probably THE best animation of last year
>>143580987
>Future colony has blacks, whites and asians
There are still more whites in the show than any other race, are you retarded?
>>
>>143578599
Is it releasing on Netflix worldwide or not. Because that's the thing that might make me put it on the background while I do other stuff. I don't live in the US, so if it's an US release only, it's cooked.
>>
Warner Bros doesn't deserve anything good
>>
>>143580922
I watched it twice. It was excellent.
>>
>>143578599
It had its moments but honestly I just wasn't that attached to the cast. Some of it is the art, but... eh. The original short was kino, the show probably stretched that out as far as it could go.
>>
>>143578707
>it was giving mobius and druillet for me, loved the colour
This was never true and I wish shills would stop saying it
>>
>>143582246
>What made Max not want it? It looks cool
The fact that you said it looks cool rather than was cool is exactly the reason lol
>>
>>143578599
Lot of samefagging going on ITT. Probably one of the creators. It just wasn’t a very good show. Every character suffered PIS when convenient, animation quality plummeted in the last half, most of the characters were insufferable, I can’t think of one I liked. “Hallow” the frog that got its name from marketing and was only know by paid shills, Kamen rider the feckless white loser, izazi or whatever the black chick’s name was, the pilot cunt with the retard and bleeding heart died in a second loser, they main chick and pilot guy, they all sucked, I can’t even remember their names for fucks sake.

There were a few short sequences like the black chick riding with the herd and the bug who lived and died in a moment but overall it was pretty bad and the ending was unfulfilling with R2D2 doing super saiyan and the frog just hopping off. and that’s before the epilogue which just made it even worse.

Lol at anyone touting marketing phrases about moebius. It just wasn’t a good show and people acting like it was a good example of what “adult animation” could be are probably 15-20 years old and haven’t watched any actual films or read any actual novels and really just need to get a grip and grow the fuck up.
>>
>>143578599
Best show I've seen in a while.
>>
>>143585487
>>143585587
>muh shills
/tv/ cross-borders and culture warriors are a blight to animation
>>
>>143585587
>There were a few short sequences like the black chick riding with the herd and the bug who lived and died in a moment
And those moments were so kino it justified the whole show's existence.

I didn't really like whatever they were trying to do with the psychic creature. Seemed like those things should have ruled the planet since they can become so powerful.
>>
>>143585587
>most of the characters were insufferable, I can’t think of one I liked.
I have to agree with this. I genuinely wanted to see them all die. That was the ending I kept hoping for. Them all dead.

>>143585617
>cross-boarders
I consider you insufferable cartoon faggots the blight to my comics board frankly.
>>
File: 1715405582306.jpg (130 KB, 1200x628)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>143585798
>he pretend to care about comics
You don't care about comics either my jewish friend.
>>
>>143585617
Why rope me in with the other dude? I explained more thoroughly why I disliked it than anyone ITT explained what they found good about it.

But anyone who spent any time in the plenty of threads for this show, most of which were started with the same “w-why have I never seen a thread about this show” schtick, would know there were absolutely a lot of shills in them.
>>
>>143585880
>>143585617

What are you accomplishing here?
>>
>>143578640
>>143578774
>>143579605
The ending was conclusive enough, but I want this be popular and get a second season if for no other reason than to show networks that we actually do want animation for adults that’s not yet another brainless poopoo peepee comedy sitcom.
>>
>>143585886
Tell me more about those shills.
>>
Loved this show but I am not surprised. The online buzz was almost nothing. Nobody watched it.
>>
>>143578599
What is supposed to be the hook for this show?
The artstyle looks alright, but besides that this show looks like a dread to watch unless you happen to have interest in it's specific style.
>>
>>143585587
>Lol at anyone touting marketing phrases about moebius. It just wasn’t a good show and people acting like it was a good example of what “adult animation” could be are probably 15-20 years old and haven’t watched any actual films or read any actual novels and really just need to get a grip and grow the fuck up.
Fuck you, I just like the alien landscapes.
>>
i thought it was over. it seemed pretty over. i assumed that weird ship the blonde lady ended up on was meant to remain a mystery.
>>
>>143586757
I watched it and I would never recommend this shit
Worst show I saw this year, ended up watching it on a pirate site just to put it at 2x and get it over with
>>
>>143586009
I did that already when I watched it on HBO. And then they dumped it and it turned out I coulda waited and watched it on Netflix. Now I’ve been burned enough times and I’m giving up on giving streaming services numbers. It never works, they don’t care. I’m gonna rent shows from the library. Then I’m supporting an institution that doesn’t treat me like shit.
>>
>>143586831
>What is supposed to be the hook for this show?
Just supposed to be alien ecosystem kino, its more about the vibe than the plot. Similar to Civil War movie from A24
>>
I just want S2 to see the angry bulldyke die a painful death. What a disgusting unpleasant person.
>>
>>143579378
In graphic novel form.
>>
this show is an actual masterpiece how the fuck did it get cancelled
>>
>>143586009
>you have to support dogshit if you don’t want poo poo pee pee comedy
Not how it works. One person does not a market make.
>>
>>143585587
>people acting like it was a good example of what “adult animation” could be are probably 15-20 years old and haven’t watched any actual films or read any actual novels and really just need to get a grip and grow the fuck up.

This is pretty obvious given most of the replies ITT. It’s teenagers and stunted growth community college-going 20-somethings with delusions of sophistication.

>>143588405
Holy hyperbole Batman
>>
>>143580805
>I have never watched discovery or max
Anon almost all of their garbage appeals to faggots, non-whites and woke women. What a complete fabrication. Pure copium.
>>
>>143580805
>reduced Discovery into programming for alt-right hicks

Hold on, let me check
>fake survival stuff
>gold mining stuff
>moonshining(is it legal?)
>fishing
>maybe an odd construction stuff or whatever
Wait, I remember Discovery Channel being more varied. Did they really go so badly now?
>>
Getting rid of the IP count has made shills way too comfortable. It’s so obvious there’s like two people tops ITT acting like this show was anything but dogshit.
>>
>>143582933

I'm just bored of multiculti settings, sorry!

I'm bored of people not bothering to engage with character design and worldbuilding since they just give everyone different skin tones and say "it's le future" or "le don't le think about it"

I'm just not interested in that shit anymore. I'm literally done with the fucking bland slop this mentality guarantees 95% of the time.
>>
FUCK SOL
FUCK THAT GREY MONSTER THIN
FUCK HBO
jesus why does everything good get cancelled
>>
>>143588586
Multicultural settings are normal in futuristic sci-fi settings though
>>
>>143588526
Discovery owns more channels than anyone. Most of them are programmed for woke housewives.
>>
>>143588615
This wasn’t good though
>>
>>143585587
I could've forgiven all of the problems you listed if the alien biology had had more that ten seconds of thought put into it. Just like the braindead pilot, it was interesting designs failing to carry a world that didn't make sense.
>>
>>143588620
>woke housewives.
Sounds like oxymoron
>>
I notice most of the replies from people who claim to like this haven’t been more than the token “best show evarrrr” and “why do they cancel good things” but the only replies to really comment on the show are negative.
>>
Great show, sadly US audiences are not ready for it yet. Too busy watching shit like Big Mouth and Velma. Maybe in 10 years or so programs will like this will be able to thrive on our shores
>>
File: 1715438725276.png (23 KB, 500x294)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>>/tv/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.