[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711072768849.jpg (1.19 MB, 1080x1350)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>No thread for Ol' Reliable
>>
>>143569376
Why are so many people doubting Gunn? He has more than proven himself to be more than capable of making capekino
>>
>>143569406
Because
1. He usually takes on characters the general public doesn't know, and changes them as much as he pleases
2. He's trying too hard to be liked after the pedogate stuff. Things like pic related, flying out all these comic creators on the same day and making them wear the same shirt just ad an advertisement for his movie. Like if you want to impress how about you increase the amount of royalties these artists get paid when you use their work for multi-million dollar films.
>>
>>143569406
>Why are so many people doubting Gunn?
I don't doubt that he can make superhero misfit movies I enjoy, because I've enjoyed them.
I strongly doubt he's appropriate for the Superfriends, because they aren't a rag-tag team of Doofuses, Losers and Assholes, which is what Gunn tells stories about.
Nor do I particularly WANT him to make the League that sort of people.
It's like making Garth Ennis the writer of Justice League.
>>
>>143569528
Also, we already had Snyder turn the League into a bunch of losers (Superman, Cyborg), Doofuses (Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman) and assholes (Batman) and it was just terrible.
>>
>>143569406
I think it's mostly just cynical people being cynical. I'm glad that he's running DC now because he's an actual artist who has made good movies before and he cares about the source material. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing these new DC projects.

Some parts of his Suicide Squad movie were a little too cutesy for me, but overall I liked it and it was exciting and fun.
>>
>>143569528
I might actually trust Ennis with Superman alone, because that man loves Superman
>>
>>143569624
>he's an actual artist who has made good movies before
He has made the same movie, over and over again. And I honestly don't expect him to abandon his "style" any more than Taika or Whedon.
>>
>>143569645
Yes but he's wholly inappropriate to craft stories for Supeerman, because while he loves the idea of Superman, he thinks all the other stuff related to Superman is stupid and contrived.
So he's ok to have Superman show up and have one of his miscreant characters fawn over him, but actually write a Superman story? Nah.
>>
>>143569669
I would expect Superman to be mostly serious. I can see it being possibly a tiny bit too jokey but I think it will be reigned in. He's made comedy movies before but that doesn't mean this one will be. And I would take Gunn at his worst over Whedon at his.
>>
>>143569645
And I will add that Ennis has done a ton of work for DC, if he was a fan of Superman comics he'd have had ample time to do a run or a one-off, because Superman is always desperate for even a half-decent writer.
>>
>>143569705
He already said that Superman would be tonally different from previous works.
And you can see a clear evolution in his direction, just compare GOTG1 to TSS or GOTG3
>>
>>143569376
This and the colorful edition were the only good thing about the last thread.
>>
>>143569376
Is there going to be Superman is a god worship in this?
>>
>>143569730
>just compare GOTG1 to TSS or GOTG3
I can, as I own all of his cape films, and have seen them all a few times. They are clearly all James Gunn movies with the same tone and themes, and even share a lot of character archetypes.
And why hire a famously stylized Director if not to use his style?
Tell me, what work of his, or even character in his work, leads you to believe he's appropriate for Superman? Put down the Hopium for a moment and think on it.
>>
>>143569406
I would always doubt ANY writer directing their own film. There are few people who can do that well and Gunn hasn't proven that (Peacemaker is a perfect example of this when you look at the entire thing from start to finish). At least with the MCU and even with SS and Peacemaker, he also at least had producers and suits to potentially give him notes and feedback, even if it appears he was largely left alone.

With the new DC Films, in this particular case (Superman), he's both the writer, the director, and the suit. IMHO he has not 'more than proven' he can handle that with a character like Superman (or the Batgod, or WW, or a few others).

I agree with this anon: >>143569528 and the first sentence from this anon: >>143569492

A perfect example of this is that Metamorpho will be a loser and or a doofus, potentially a doofus asshole when that is not what he is or can be.

He could actually have an arc similar to Rocket's from the last GotG which was really the really good and interesting thing in that steaming pile of crap.
>>
>>143569492
There was no pedogate shit. The way retweets worked when he made those jokes was posting a link to or referencing someone else's page. He was calling other people pedos or suggesting such, giving them fake quotes and putting words in their mouths. They weren't representing any of his thoughts. South Park did shit like that way more directly, Family Guy too. Probably Tim and Eric as well. Let alone the thousands of other comedians and writers with shows or websites, social media accounts - whatever. The consensus of the 90s and 00s was "degeneracy is hilarious." It was borderline normie culture to make edgelord jokes up until about 2014. You shouldn't just feign ignorance on the surrounding culture in the timeframe he made the posts or the actual context of the jokes. This isn't Dan Harmon fucking a babydoll in a skit. This is late 00s Twitter we're talking about. All this "James Gunn is part of pedogate" bullshit just reminds me of when Louis CK was blacklisted and made to look like a rapist for having consensual private sex with adult women.
>>
>>143569719
I guess the thing to do with Ennis if you wanted him to write Superman is to pay a combat veteran to go up to Ennis at a con and say "man I'd love it if you wrote a Superman story, really think you could do the character justice mate, PS I'm a combat veteran."

Because there's nothing Ennis has a hard-on for more than ex-military guys.
>>
>>143569796
It's highly possible that the rapidly bankrupting WBD board will give him absolute carte blanche with the Olde DC IPs. Likely even.
But is that what people really want? A Superman and Batman barely recognizable from past interpretations?
>>
File: 1678997324539063.jpg (128 KB, 1080x817)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>143569406
>Why are so many people doubting Gunn?
1. The Suicide Squad was ass
2. Every decision so far (firing Cavill, bloating the movie with characters, posing on social media with comics, publishing that fucking picture, etc.) has been some of the most retarded takes in film history

The stars have to align for this movie not to flop.
>>
>>143569827
Ennis has a sort of vague affection for the broad idea of Superman as "Le Noble Immigrant Hero".
He's probably not even read a substantial amount of Superman, except for material to take the piss out of with his Superman-expies.
>>
>>143569842
The DCEU Snyderverse was a tragic catastrophe, and it was right to cut absolutely all ties to it.
>>
>>143569842
Your chart ignores that Man of Steel was more expensive than The Avengers, not a single one of these films outperformed the MCU under his tenure, and he had nothing to do with Aquaman besides initially casting Aquaman as a loveable mutt hobo.
>>
File: 1709743119756.png (184 KB, 1080x872)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>143569842
>meanwhile...
>>
>>143569842
>1. The Suicide Squad was ass
It was by far the best movie that disastrous franchise released
>firing Cavill
He was a good Superman, and the best part of those awful movies, but it's a new start and there's no reason you have to have the same actor play Superman if you think a different actor is better for the part.
>bloating the movie with characters
I assume most of these characters will be brief cameos to set up the world and let you know how this universe operates, with all these heroes existing.
>posing on social media with comics
What is wrong with this?
>publishing that fucking picture
What is wrong with this?
>>
>>143569907
Snyder was an executive producer on Aquaman
>>
>>143569376
I've given up on there being an actually good Superman movie so I just hope this one will have fun power level stuff
>>
>>143569940
>>143569842
Snyder only directly (pun intended) oversaw the first 2 films, both of which badly underperformed expectations. And under his broad oversight of the rest of them, he allowed Skwad to get butchered into a complete shitheap of a movie that only made bank because "Joker don't Fail to sell", and he turned in a Justice League effort so awful even the shiteaters on the board of WB knew better. He took a movie with Batman, Superman AND Wonder Woman and underperformed Batman by himself.
>>
File: 1687104072778524.jpg (377 KB, 1743x1125)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>143569940
>Muh Marvel film
Okay? So basically you just want a knock-off Marvel clone with quips and humiliation rituals?
>>
>>143569997
The worst Marvel film is better than any Hack Snyder film.
>>
>>143569958
Which is money-shuffling and nothing more.
That whole movie succeeded solely because of Wan, who was smart enough to just make an MCU movie out of it, and the novelty of Aquaman getting a movie after all these decades against all expectation.
>>
>>143569995
Snyder was directly pushing against Ayer's SS getting Frankensteined. The internet's been over the BTS of that film a billion times by now. C'mon, anon. Be honest with yourself. Everyone knows it was Geoff Johns doing the dirty work on that movie.
>>
>>143570047
If he's that ineffectual, it's amazing you give him undue credit for Aquaman.
>>
File: 1687988141583504.jpg (350 KB, 2048x2048)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>143569950
1. The Suicide Squad was ass as reflected by the abysmal box office.

2. Cavill was THE Superman. Corenswet is ass.

3. You can assume whatever you want, it's a stupid decision period.

4. He should spend less time on feigning interest on social media and focus on the movie he's writing.

5. Everything. The suit is shit. The mood of the photo is shit. The AI/CGI shit in the background is shit.

Gunnshills will continue to suck his dick 3 weeks into the release of his flop before disowning him, and I'll laugh from the sidelines at you clowns for ever supporting him.
>>
>>143569997
>>143570025
The quality wasn't even the point (I love films from both franchises because I'm not a seething manchild over console wars). The point was the box office comparisons. Nobody was interested in watching Gunn's Suicide Squad is the reason it flopped. It was a popular sentiment, and still partially is, to call DC a dying franchise. Let alone the association with the hackjob theatrical cut of Ayer's version, as well as the big gay controversy Disney shilled against him as a PR move because of some faggots on twitter misconstruing decade-old jokes.
>>
>>143570047
>Snyder was directly pushing against Ayer's SS getting Frankensteined
He was the lead creative of the DCEU, and his wife-mommy sits on the fucking board. He was more likely busy butchering his own crapola.
We have both seen enough of his recent, unfettered work to laugh at the idea of Zack preserving creative fidelity.
>>
>>143570076
Being manhandled by executives who rank you through multiple layers of contracts and company proxy would put a stop to most people who want to get something done, man. Just saying.
>>
>>143570096
>Cavill was THE Superman.
He was a guy dressed up as Superman. A handsome man, sure. But his actual Supermanness levels were somewhere around Brandon Routh's.
>>
>>143570096
There's been an equivalent contrarian dumbass like yourself for every movie, game and TV show since the late 70s.
>>
>>143570158
Again, he's married to one of the Board of Directors, the people who can fire the CEO.

His output without direction from above is inarguably far worse than with it.
>>
>>143570117
>It was a popular sentiment, and still partially is, to call DC a dying franchise.
I think that's the biggest hurdle they're going to face. The DCEU did so much damage to the brand. They're going to have to figure out the marketing and try to make DC cool. I think Marvel being seen as more and more uncool might be a huge blessing.

The franchise has been a mix of Synder shit, movies that feel like Marvel movies, super edgy dark comedies, and a Rock vanity project. I seriously hope they're able to make this new universe feel more cohesive. And I believe they will now that they have a creative person in charge and they aren't desperately struggling to pump out a franchise like Marvel was doing.
>>
>>143570192
You evidently don't understand how production companies work. It's not so black and white and simple. It's a clusterfuck chain of command and almost nothing gets properly done sometimes because of so many differences in leadership bias, contractual agreements, creative differences etc.
>>
Routh and Cavill were both stuck playing Superman of Constant Sorrow. They were both middling movie actors, now they are middling television actors who won't survive their pretty looks fading.
>>
>>143570217
He addresses all of these issues in almost every public discussion he has about the DCU. I don't know why people don't bother sitting down for an hour and finding out what he's actually planning. Most of these posts are vague and ill-informed assumptions. Not saying this is true for your post
>>
>>143570227
Routh is adaptable, and Cavill has some half-billion dollar deal with Amazon for that 40k series IIRC
>>
File: Snyder (2).jpg (120 KB, 593x843)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>143570218
Let's be upfront; you are willing to engage in limitless conjecture to preserve the purity of Snyder's "genius". So there are always going to be shadowy unknown figures sabotaging his "seminal works" and preventing his "true genius" from shining through.
Except when none of that happens at all, as it has lately, and he produces embarrassing shit.

I applaud your persistence with the Legend of Snyder's Greatness, even as Snyder himself shoots enormous holes in the myth.
And good morning sir.
>>
>>143570254
I think a lot of of the piling on is just because piling onto Warner Brothers and DC is the thing to do now. People criticize Zaslav for not releasing guaranteed flops and costing his company money. And they have fun kicking DC while it's down. But I'm excited to see the movie. I'm not expecting it to be a glorious masterpiece that will change my life. I'm just expecting a good superhero movie, which is all it has to be.

I'm also excited for the Creature Commandos cartoon.
>>
File: reobes.png (39 KB, 661x373)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>143570177
Everyone thought the picture was shit. It was literally in Frobes. No one wants to see Superman in a baggy suit. But you shills will have to learn the hard way.
>>
>>143570284
When did I call him a genius? I'm not the one spouting meaningless conjecture. Putting words in my mouth and basing your argument off of assumptions about my opinions on the quality of any of these films when I already laid out the basic point is just lame and dishonest. People like you make discussing this stuff so fucking boring
>>
File: Salieri.jpg (9 KB, 274x233)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>143570277
They are both movie has-beens. And whatever Amazon pisses away on a 40k series will be just another mangling of a relatively straightforward nerd franchise, and appearing in a bunch of them will apparently be Cavill's legacy.
>>
File: NU86u.gif (799 KB, 320x240)
799 KB
799 KB GIF
>People getting mad at Snyder for making Superman godlike and interesting
>>
>>143570304
>People criticize Zaslav for not releasing guaranteed flops and costing his company money.
No, people criticize Zaslav for breathlessly gushing and expensively promoting Pure Shit like the Flash, while he and his fellow Carnies are openly dismissive about hits like Barbie until it's fully apparent its a Big Hit.
He does not know what he is fucking doing.
>>
>>143570319
"Everyone" evidently differs in opinion. There's a plethora of people who like the suit, as well. I don't really give a fuck what some asshole loser who writes tabloid articles has to say about anything, let alone an advertising image for film that hasn't even released.
>>
>>143570354
It's not about powerfagging, Snyder Superman barely talks and is more of an idea than a character.
>>
>>143570331
Fair assumption. I have no idea where his career is going, but it doesn't look promising. Was just playing Devil's advocate
>>
>>143570365
>I found 3 guys on the Superman reddit that said that they were fine with it
Okay bro.
>>
>>143570218
>You evidently don't understand how production companies work. It's not so black and white and simple. It's a clusterfuck chain of command and almost nothing gets properly done sometimes because of so many differences in leadership bias, contractual agreements, creative differences etc.
This is all a bunch of vague, uncited and apologetic blather about how I cannot possibly understand all the Forces at work the way your Uncle Who Works at WB explained it to you.
Fuck off.
>>
>>143570304
I feel mostly the same, anon
>>
File: it's so tiresome.jpg (28 KB, 326x184)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
People are really gas lighting themselves into thinking the suit looks good as we speak
>>
>>143570354
>>People getting mad at Snyder for making Superman godlike and interesting
go back to r*ddit,normalfag
>>
>>143570430
>>143570396
the suit is good, stop crying
>>
>>143570396
I think this is where I'm cutting it off. It's gotten to the point where all you can do is use meme warfare tactics and exaggerate like a toddler. Grow up, anon, and learn to have normal fair-minded conversations with people.
>>
>>143570430
It's on a tier with the later Supergirl show costume, which was somehow also gaslit into being "fine". And then we got latina Supergirl in another bleah costume, apparently DCfriends have this incredible tolerance for shiteating.
>>
>>143569376
I would've liked this if it wasn't so fucking baggy and collar was design with some gold. And fuck the trunks.
>>
>>143570025
I hate the Snyder movies but any of them are better than Thor Love and Thunder
That movie is a genuine 0/10
>>
File: images (4).jpg (32 KB, 812x378)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Corenswet looks like the missing link between Tom Welling and Henry Cavill. You could totally have all three actors play Superman at different stages of his life (Welling in his farmboy years, Corenswet in his early superhero days, and Cavill in his veteran years and leader of the JL) in the same continuity
>>
>>143570404
I don't have to prove jack shit to you because everything about the production of the entire DCEU is public knowledge and has been for half a decade or more, by now. I don't give a shit about your opinion of how it might work, because it's all out there for you to look into on your own.
>>
>>143570481
At least Hemsworth had the integrity to apologize for that awful mis-step. Snyder just plunges forward with increasing awful new efforts with the encouragement of his fanbase.
His last two films are distinctly worse than Love and Thunder.
>>
>>143570481
>That movie is a genuine 0/10
There is no movie with this score
>>
>>143570505
Its almost like a conventionally handsome anglo with a strong jaw and the same haircut look interchangeable?
The look of Superman isn't THAT hard, the feel of Superman is apparently Maximum difficulty.
>>
>>143570474
Normal clothes have folds. I don't care for skin-tight suits with muscle pads outside of where it's appropriate, which it can be for Superman as it's the norm. It reminds me of the X-Men movie suits, or the CW Superman suit. Both of which I like, though I acknowledge I'm definitely in the minority
>>
File: 1679142570652601.jpg (104 KB, 600x600)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>143570457
The suit is shit, basically everyone reached this conclusion. But shills refuse to pull Gunn's dick out of their mouths. So you have to show them how bad it really is by making memes like >>143570396 so that they'll feel stupid and come to their senses.
>>
>>143570505
Here's your Superman bros
>>
File: 1694402620732.jpg (995 KB, 1500x2136)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
>>143570524
>ENTER...
>>
>>143570565
Were you one of those kids in 3rd grade who desperately tried to make the class think Dylan's Skechers were gay and lame so you felt better for wearing FUBUs, anon?
>>
>>143570549
The looseness somehow combined with the Nerf fabric AND the LinesLinesLines makes it look like an extra stole onto the lot and put on someone else's overthought Superman costume.
>>
>>143570619
And I want to add that the idea of Superman's costume being some sort of Kryptonian Adventure-wear needs to be shot and buried in the desert.
>>
>>143570619
It's just New 52, Injustice, and the CW suits mashed together with a yellow version of the Kingdom Come shield. At least be honest with your critiques
>>
>>143570641
>I can't handle different creative ideas!
>I need the same status quo a million times over in my children's franchise!!
>>
File: Firefox_Screenshot.png (98 KB, 391x229)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>143570584
You do know Christopher also did a same sex scene and if the interwebz existed in 1982 at the same level it does today, I could find you a gif to post.

Instead you get a small, crappy screen cap I had to spend all of an entire two minutes to chase down.
>>
>>143569832
>the rapidly bankrupting
For the past three decades, Warner Brother's studio is still the second leading distributor, which I only point out since those of you here who start talking about these large conglomerates keep talking in terms of theatrical:

https://www.the-numbers.com/market/distributors

Yes WBD has $30B+ in debt. But Disney's overall debt is $50B+ and was $60B+ just three plus years ago:
https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/DIS/financials

Apple has more debt but also has piles of cash. No one is going around saying that Apple or Disney will be bankrupt or go out of business in 2 weeks, 12 weeks or soon, but so many idiots here repeat this click bait nonsense because some idiot who claims their uncle is a janitor in Burbank and gives them special insider knowledge.
>>
>>143569376
Yeah no he is not affording an apartment with a view like that on a reporter salary
>>
>>143569406
No Cavill, no watch. Pedo Gunn
>>
>>143571489
>Pedo Gunn
redditor
>>
>>143569376
I still don't get how this is a costume reveal if it's also made by AI.
>>
>>143570510
true
>>
>>143571654
rent free
>>
>>143571664
What's rent free?
>>
>>143571469
It's a promotional image, anon. It's not a screenshot from the movie.
>>
>>143571719
One of the strangest, most boring promotional pictures ever released.
>>
File: 1694942611929.gif (129 KB, 220x148)
129 KB
129 KB GIF
>>143571746
>>
>>143571860
>shills
Yes, these guys have never seen a movie.
>>
>>143569376
If DC had contacted Toriyama so that Goku would have a crossover with DC, this company would not have collapsed.
>>
>>143569376
The reason why every DC thread is shit because of shills going back and forth. And I say this as someone who likes part of the suit. Comic storytimes, especially the Batman ones are just one big shitpost with anons trashing on DC (which is deserved).
>>
>>143571914
No, it's because DC is in the worst state it has ever been in its entire history.
>>
>>143570096
>Gunnshills
Gunnsels
>>
>>143571961
redditor
>>
File: 1702468637846720.png (1.16 MB, 822x1024)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>143569376
Not my problem.
>>
>>143569492
>1. He usually takes on characters the general public doesn't know, and changes them as much as he pleases
Yes and they are usually better than their comic versions.
>2. He's trying too hard to be liked after the pedogate stuff
I understand that a Snyderfag doesn't understand how to behave like a decent person, but you take it to the extreme.
>>
>>143571985
kek
>>
>>143571950
Which is why the shills are ramping up. They start arguments who call out how bad everything is to deflect the on going issues.
>>
>>143569376
>>143571985
Edit them to be in the same shot
>>
File: 1684010283864.png (1.3 MB, 760x951)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>143572021
What ongoing issues? WBD is perfectly fine.
See: >>143570879
>>
File: 1686543473236.jpg (534 KB, 1080x1345)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
>>143571985
>>143572041
>>
File: LaughofJustice.gif (2.74 MB, 800x352)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB GIF
Cavillbros, not again...
>>
>>143570354
Snyderman was a moping boring asshole. He had no personality. He had no friends outside of Cocksleve Lane. He had no opinions of his own that he expressed.
>>
File: Vigilante-08-25.jpg (273 KB, 1200x1815)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>143571989
>Yes and they are usually better than their comic versions.
Because they heckin curse and are silly, right? Just get rid of any depth and redditors like you eat it up.
>>
>>143570474
You can even fully see the underwear and it's pissing powerlevelfags off, I love it.
>>
>>143572260
I said usually, not that it was always the case. dcuck
>>
>>143572280
Every character he's adapted he made worse. The closest he got to improving one was Polka Dot Man but he made his powerset boring from the varied abilities he had in the comics, and then killed him in the 3rd act.
>>
>>143571633
>>143571973
>the damage control for the pedo is using reddit
lol makes sense for third worlder pajeets to use a decade old insult to shill their meme director
>>
>>143572247
Sure, if you discount about 500 lines of dialogue
>>
>>143572343
no
>>143572460
The fact that you respond to me shows that you are a redditor.
>>
>>143572343
Didn't you already say this the other day? Got any new material?
>>
>>143572513
I dunno if you're joking but I just remember Superman had like 30 lines of dialogue in BvS
>>
>>143572523
He wasn't the main character. Did you watch Man of Steel?
>>
>>143572521
Multiple people can have similar opinions. I don't think all Gunntards are secretly one dude, for example.
>>
File: 1712620053298.jpg (767 KB, 1535x2048)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>OP makes Superman thread
>/co/ turns it into another 200 reply Sneeder debate instead of actually discussing the character
>>
>>143572529
>not the main character
>name is in the title and the entire plot is about his alledged actions in both the metropolis fight and the nairomi massacre
New cope just dropped 7 years later, I love snyderjeets
>>
>>143572533
>Sneederbro this
>Powerlevelfag that
>Gunntard shit
I don't think about these terms outside of having to read them here
>>
>>143569406
Because it’s a bandwagon thing.
>>
>>143569571
That’s completely inaccurate.
>>
>>143572543
I don't argue superhero films with disengenuous faggots who just want to feel special and correct at all costs in a conversation. Shit gets boring fast. There's nothing cool to be seen in endlessly debating fucking meaningless non-issue bullshit like this. Especially not when you have to intentionally mischaracterize a movie. Stop acting like this shit is ruining your life it's just a god damn film.
>>
>>143569406
Gunn ruined all the cosmic characters he adapted on screen, Warlock, Ronan, Starro, you name it. Superman will be the next, and very likely the last, since he's much more popular and a bomb movie about him would have much more resonance
>>
>>143572582
They're not real people, anon. They're just drawings.
>>
>>143572553
>get BTFOd
>i-it doesn't matter anyway
Alright dude, maybe don't post on a chinese cartoon forum if none of this discussion matters
>>
if Gunn can make a good Superman movie it's going to be completely unlike his other movies
>>
>>143572611
Do you love your father?
>>
>>143569820
Except it wasn’t actually all consensual. People like the women in the hotel room thought he was just joking because it was so random and weird ask and coming from him it felt like him doing a hit rather than actually asking permission to get off in front of them. Louis also hid behind “well I always asked first so it was okay” when in truth it is pretty weird, inappropriate and creepy to ask people look at you jerk off when it happens in a work environment, which he sometimes did. Nobody was claiming he raped people. They were grossed out that he apparently did that shit for years and got off doing it in front of people.
>>
>>143572687
Who gives a fuck how they changed their mind afterwards or how weird it was? The fact is it was fully consensual the whole way through. They will never ever fuck you by the way.
>>
>>143570134
>He was the lead creative of the DCEU

And WB studio executives still made him do BvS as the second movie which Snyder didn’t want to do. As well as mandating other stuff.
>>
>>143570304
>People criticize Zaslav for not releasing guaranteed flops and costing his company money.

Zaslav is costing the company money with the giant PR clusterfucks that are his highly publicised cost cutting tactics that turn projects to tax write offs that piss off creatives who no longer have any reason to want to work for WB when their project might never see the light of day and idiotic moved like rebranding HBO Max to just Max. As well as being against the writer’s strike demands
>>
>>143572684
I just played TopGolf with him last week.
>>
>>143572713
It wasn’t consensual when people didn’t think he was serious and thought he was joking until he whipped his dick out.
>>
>>143570879
WBD stock was $77 just 3 years ago. Now it's hovering around $8 with a steady decline.
Disney's revenues dwarf WB's, Disney's movie and television income is a minor facet of it's incoming monies.
>>143570653
>I can't handle different creative ideas!
>I need the same status quo a million times over in my children's franchise!!
Superman's entire basic appeal, like Steve Rodgers, is Tradition. He's the element of traditional (idealized) American values, just as Lois is supposed to be Modern Liberated sensibilities. If you are compelled to make him "fresh" and "modern" or "edgy" for the Kids, you are completely doin' it wrong and should be making a movie about a different character.
This appeal to old-fashioned values is what made him a huge success in the turbulent, jaded 70's, when the idea of a smash hit superhero movie didn't even exist.
>>
>>143572153
Cavill could fit in there
>>
>>143573082
WBD did not exist three years ago.
>>
>>143574121
WBD won't exist three years from now either.
>>
>>143572153>>143574119
>>
>>143572536
>/co/ turns it into another 200 reply Sneeder debate instead of actually discussing the character
Not a good sign for Gunn I'd say.
>>
>>143572153
>>143574119
>>
Comicbooks?
>>
>>143569376
I am so sick of DC
>>
>>143569406
MCU is the only thing that matters desu.
No matter Gunn's talent as long as it's deeceeshit he's destined to fail.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.