[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Pour it so it's like 2/3 of the way up in the little styrofoam pack it comes in including foam. If the foam goes all the way to the top you went too far. It just adds some yeasty flavor which works with the fermented taste it comes with and it cuts down on that god awful sticky shit. If you use some kind of overpowering meme beer that's your fault, use a normal one that tastes like beer
>>
it sounds disgusting what the fuck is wrong with weebs on this board
>>
>>20478856
Tastelet, you already don't like natto or beer. You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>20478841
coronato
>>
File: img-thing_sm.png (52 KB, 300x300)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>20478841
is that snicker filling
>>
>>20478905
No, but dark chocolate and natto candy bars would probably be good although far too based for the typical american consoomer.
>>
>>20478861
Just try it. From this word alone I know your ability to synthesize flavors is strong and you will appreciate this formulation.
>>
>>20478841
More like dump that shit in the nearest garbage can
>>
>>20478859
>OOOO I'M SUCH AN ADULT, I EAT STUFF THAT SMELLS LIKE SHIT! I DWINK COFFEE AND HAVE SEX WITH HOOKERS I'M SUCH AN ADULT
>>
>>20479026
If you don't like beer, this isn't the thread for you
>>
If you hate natto, this thread is not for you. I am one of those weirdo gaijins who likes natto. I used to eat it the standard way, using the included tare sauce and karashi. A few years ago, I swapped the karashi for tabasco and used half of the tare sauce. It's also good with the Lemosco and other brands of lemon or yuzu tabasco-like sauces. This year, I started ditching the packets altogether, and going for malt vinegar… the fish and chips kind. Total game changer! Occasionally, I like to mix natto with chopped cucumbers with mackerel or jakko. Last week, my wife and I made our first batch of natto using organic soybeans and a yogurt maker. Does anyone have any wild natto tricks they'd like to share?
>>
>>20479026
god what an embarrassing post. it's incredible how you can call your self out so horribly with a couple words of pointless greentext towards some retard just trying to share his beer and nato. even veiled by anonymity that's got to be pretty rough
>>
For me it's PBR and rotten beans.
>>
>>20478841
I eat that shit plain with rice. I ate it every day in college, it was cheap and easy to make. Don't eat it as much anymore since I don't have asian markets around me but when I find it I'm in heaven.
>>
>>20479199
Good read, that's the beer I was using though I don't think it's necessarily the ideal pick for this use.
>>20479165
I've made rosemary parmesan polenta corn muffins a few times and after about a week at room temp they develop a strong internal resemblance to natto. It has that signature smell and the same super stringy sticky stuff inside when you pull them apart. So tldr I think you can make a natto equivalent with corn and cheese cultures
>>
>>20480329
i like it enough to eat it plain but the stickiness gets me, it has to be mixed with a good amount of some kind of liquid to be workable
>>
>natto
estrogenic bullshit food that tastes like shit
>beer
toxic bullshit food that tastes like shit
na, I'm good
>>
>>20482289
Ironically enough, one of the lowest test posts ever seen. Maybe you're right, you need to do everything you can to hold on to the 3 molecules of T you have floating in your brain. The 6'4 muscular big dick chads you lust after, I mean uhhhh, deeply envy, all drink beer by the gallon.
>>
>>20482289
this guy is correct
i bought some natto to try it this week and i have one leftover container that i will not eat
>>
>>20481435
That’s bloody foul
>>
>>20478841
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU BUY NATTO IN THE USA?
>>
>>20484973
Almost any "asian grocery" should have it though in practice of the 4 or 5 in my area that I've gone to only two of them actually had it. Should be in the frozen section or if they live dangerously one of the open air fridges.
>>
>>20484973
America is literally Japan's BWC white boyfriend, there's a ton of Japanese places all over America, and you can easily find Japanese products if you look for them.
>>
nattonons, could i make a cup or two of rice then mix a pack of natto in and let it go in the fridge for a few days to grow the culture throughout the rice?
>>
>>20485185
TLDR No, even other kinds of beans besides the standard soy don't really work. You'd think it's easy but in practice the slime is pretty particular about what it wants to grow on.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.