[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: WILD-GAME-MEATS-.jpg (164 KB, 1200x1600)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
What's the best and worst kind of meat you can get from non standard farmed animals?
>>
>>20478680
Octopus is my favorite
>>
>>20478680
Tofu tastes better than everything but beef, chicken, and pork.
>>
>>20478680
you have to really cook bear meat to kill all the parasites, and it makes me wonder if that would cause it to turn too dry to be enjoyable
>>
>>20478680
Moose and elk can be good, but for some reason chefs always fuck them up somehow. Only times I had good moose/elk, it was cooked by the hunter himself.
>>
>>20478680
Reindeer is good. Whale is ok. I had rabbit once and it tasted pretty close to chicken.

>>20478712
The best meatballs I have ever eaten was made with moose.
>>
>>20478691
Faggot
>>
>>20478732
You mad ketoschizo?
>>
>>20478728
>mooseballs
Man, that made me remember burgers I had, made from minced moose. Probably the best burgers I've ever had.
Really sucks to currently live in a city with no moose around, shit's expensive outside of where they're hunted.
>>
all meat except beef, pork, and chicken is awful. Bear is hands down the worst. Quail and pheasant are fucking awful. Why would you want to eat a gamey bird? Gamey meat is terrible. Even venison sucks. If the only use for a meat is sausage and jerky then it's shitty meat.
>>
>>20478680
>Best non-farmed meats
Pacific Halibut mogs farmed white fish, including other halibut. It really is the king of white fish.

The other top tier fish is bluefin tuna, which is only just now seeing concerted efforts to farm it, and wild is better.

For land game, I quite like moose and elk. Caribou is decent too. My neighbor raves about muskox, but I haven't had the chance to partake yet.

On the flipside, deer is fucking awful, land predators suck, moose is no good if hunt it late season usually.

For birds, hard to beat chicken. Goose and Duck can be nice, but commonly farmed too. Grouse are fine but the yield sucks and plucking is so much work for a small amount of food.. Not worth the effort of hunting them in my opinion. If you do end up shooting one, just tear the breasts off by the wings and dispose of the rest.
>>
File: hvalbiff.jpg (91 KB, 900x600)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>20478680
Whale meat is pretty good, as well as elk and moose
>>
>>20478680
Who the hell did that infographic?
Rabbit and squirrel having almost as much energy per gram as a wild boar meat despite having less protein and fat?
Did they count stomach contents in that or smth?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.