[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Friendly PSA Reminder:
Your microwave comes with a silent mode that disables all of the beeps when pressing buttons and when it finished a heating cycle. Usually it's toggled ON/OFF by pressing and holding the 0 or 1 on the keypad or with a dedicated "X" mute button (might have to Google your specific make/model). This is useful if you find the sounds abrasive or live with others and don't want to bother them reheating something in the night.
https://www.cnet.com/home/kitchen-and-household/how-to-silence-your-microwave-once-and-for-all/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94eGDVzLyl4

I just found out this was a thing a few months ago despite being an adult.
>>
>>20465169
>being an adult
no you're not
>>
But I like using my kitchen timer mode
>>
>>20465169
on LG its holding Stop/Cancel and Power level for 2 seconds
>>
/toshibagang/ knows this because it's right on the control panel.
>>
If this wasn't possible I would have taken mine apart and ripped out the beeper. I think I might actually be autistic with how much I hate microwave beeps. I'm standing right here waiting for my food. I don't need you to yell at me when it's done, microwave.
>>
Being an adult means you limit inputs to repeating integers that most closely match the amount of time you wish to cook. e.g. 44 seconds, 99 seconds, 333 seconds. Only children waste time at the microwave pecking away like on their cellular telephones.
>>
>>20466032
for me, it's 99 seconds.
>>
>>20466032
How old is your microwave that 1-6 doesn't just automatically start at 1-6 minutes?
>>
>>20465169
Mine doesn't have that.
>>
File: nuke.jpg (348 KB, 1900x1267)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>20466056
44 for small bowl of sloppa
99 or 111 for bowl of sloppa
222 for bag of popcorn
666 for baked potato

Literally perfect every single time, and my precious seconds can go to watching goyvision.

>>20466068
1988ish. Every time I use it I get to role play using an LCARS
>>
Instant Pots also have a mute feature. It varies by model but is in the manual. IIRC, it doesn't mute safety fault notifications but mutes everything else.
>>
>>20465169
>Friendly PSA Reminder:
>Your microwave comes with a silent mode that disables all of the beeps when pressing buttons
My microwave has exactly 1 button to cycle the wattage and 1 knob to set the time. I doubt it.
>>
>>20465169
This is weapons-grade autism.
>>
>>20465169
How will I know when it's done while I'm in the other room?
>>
>>20466070
same. landlord installed the cheapest model. it's identical in every way to the model that's slightly more expensive, except it cannot be muted, and it has no internal temperature sensor to do auto cooking things (which nobody uses anyway)
>>
But without the beeps how will you know when it's done?
>>
>>20469193
The powerful bond forged over time and adversity
between microwave and user is such that you'll know when it's ready, beeps or no beeps.
>>
>>20465169
>not using sabbath mode
grim
>>
>>20465169
Just get a microwave that has a power dial and a timer dial.
Fuck all those buttons and digital screens and shit.
>>
>>20469193
By paying attention and putting down your phone.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.