[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240426_204810.jpg (1.18 MB, 3986x2203)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
The dinner. Sushi consisting of smoked rainbow trout, carp roe, wasabi, avocado, spicy mayo, and pickled ginger. Keep it or need it?
>>
habeeb it
>>
File: 1713100701585237.webm (3.62 MB, 1280x720)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB WEBM
>>20439516
>>
>>20439534
He wouldn't like how I am eating it right now
>dripping soy sauce on top
>>
>>20439516
Keep it, looks off-color OP.
>>
>>20439516
Gross.
>>
>>20439534
what a soypogger faggot
>>
Cram it
>>
>>20439542
He wouldn't care if you did that to sushi you made or cheap sushi you bought to go. He would have an autism attack if you went to a place where the chef clearly put his heart and soul into perfecting his craft and treated it like american gas station sushi.

Its like going to a super expensive steakhouse and getting well done steak with ketchup or something. It just defeats the purpose of how much effort was put into the meal and short changing yourself while disrespecting the chef.

Like if you wanna eat cheap sloppa it makes no sense to waste your money. NGL im with the sushi chef on this one tho. He sees they are retarded americans and at the end of the day the only thing americans are good for is their money.
>>
>>20439516
Did you catch them yourself? I want to try carp but everyone here says it’s garbage fish only worth using as bait.
>>
>>20439516
Did you catch or buy? I want to try carp but everyone here gives me shit about how they’re garbage fish. I also can’t catch one to save my life.
>>
>>20440947
>he can't catch a carp
Anon, i...
>>
>>20439516
Everything you've ever posted looked like it was pulled out of a dumpster.
>>
>>20439516
So, let me be frank, I would devour everything on that plate.... but it's not sushi, it's the kind of "sushi" eaten by sheltered boomers who know sushi trendy but are terrified of actual raw fish because of some generational memory of 5 metre long tapeworms.
>smoked rainbow trout
>carp roe
No. Adding a little "wasabi" (99% chance it's Western horseradish with green food coloring) and ginger doesn't change the fact that it's not sushi. Just be honest about it, enjoy your smoked trout and caviar, without feeling the need to dress it up in a Wapanese costume, unless it's Anime Night, in which case by all means eat your chicken tendies with chopsticks and La Choy Sweet & Sour Sauce. We do that all the time, and it really does enhance the Cutie Honey experience. To your health!
>>
>>20439516
keep it, no need for it.
>>
>>20441061
so unagi isnt real sushi?
>>
>>20441061
Sushi is peasant food, and you’re completely retarded if you’re paying more than fast food prices for it. It’s basically completely unprepared. Human beings have spent thousands of years refining fermenting/smoking/brining/cooking techniques, and yet you obsess over eating something that’s just cut up untreated fish adhered to white rice with a bit of sea weed. It’s the equivalent of paying out the nose for a slice of raw tomato on white bread, and jerking yourself off because someone else had the gall to actually roast their tomato, or introduce any actual technique or flavor.
>>
I had sushi for dinner too
Salmon nigiri, spicy tuna hosomaki and a crunch roll that included salmon, shrimp and avocado
It was all good, maybe too much sauce on the tuna rolls and the crunch roll could have done without the avocado but it was good sushi. The seaweed in the tuna rolls tasted very nice.
>>
>>20441061
You can't make sushi so you shit on people who try
>>
>>20442020
kore wa baito desu
>>
>>20442035
>>>/jp/
>>
>>20442027
NTA but I make sushi at home and it never looks that ragged. OPs looks like a drunk with Ja/ck/ hands made it. And all that sauce on the maki is disgusting.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.