[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Brits trying American food for the first time be like "Eew it looks gross, who would even?"
Meanwhile they see no problem with a plate full of green vomit and pies filled with dog food.
>>
No one cares
>>
>>20439271
you're probably not even american or british
>>
>>20439273
fpbp
>>
>>20439271
Brits don't spend much time dissing American food. Maybe on occasion when particularly foul stuff like ambrosia salad is mentioned, but mostly they don't have a problem with it.
>>
>>20439271
>Brits trying American food for the first time be like "Eew it looks gross, who would even?"
Brits call us fat, not bewilderment over how we find fried food tasty
>>
>>20439386
>>20439420
I've watched lots of YouTube videos of Brits saying American food looks unappetizing
Do you think I just made this up?
I'm like who the fuck are you, with your beige food, to be saying our food looks unappetizing?
They look at sausage gravy for the first time and have zero idea what they're looking at
All it is is browned sausage added to a FRENCH bechamel
They don't know basic fucking French sauces?
>>
>>20439475
they're just confused by calling it gravy. gravy to them only beans brown gravy. if you said it was sausage bechamel they'd probably be less confused and more open to it.
>>
English cooking isn't even that bad. They never fully recovered from wartime rationing but they have access to extremely high quality meat and produce for good prices.
I watch a middle-aged guy on Youtube and there are videos of him just wandering around in the woods in the south of England and picking fresh blackberries and ramsons and wild mushrooms and cooking with them. It's managed woodland so they clear out all the underbrush and you can just wander around in any direction without getting eaten alive by ticks and redbugs. It's like some shit straight out of a fairytale book
>>
>>20439475
Bechamel sauce IS gross, though. Just because it's French, doesn't mean it's good. Also, sausage gravy is one of the few parts of American cuisine that I think deserves to be mocked. Seriously, I don't even have a problem with things like Skyline Chili but sausage gravy is lazy and it doesn't taste that good, especially if you consider how it's usually served (SOS). It's probably the one thing that Brits are totally justified in mocking Americans over.
>>20439573
If you're talking about AtomicShrimp, that guy's a dickhead
>"Hi viewers, today I'm going to try this canned product"
>uses his own can opener because he's a spergy retard even though there's already a ring pull on the can
>disregards preparation instructions on side of can then inevitably complains that it 'doesn't taste right' or 'isn't what he expected'
>has possibly the worst cliche sense of style imaginable and gives his reviews from an eating space straight out of Andy Warhol's nightmares
>>
>>20439271
>>20439386
>>20439420
>>20439475
>>20439573
>>20439659
Brits shit themselves over tacos or Bechamel with sausage in it but expect us not to laugh at French fry sandwiches or insistence on every single slice of bread having a quarter pound of butter on it, even on a sandwich
>>
>>20439664
>Brits shit themselves over tacos
Wtf are you on about? >>20439280 is correct. Stop dreaming up imaginary scenarios to make shitty threads with. Seasoning applied.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.