[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: grilled-chicken.jpg (33 KB, 612x612)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
My chicken tastes fishy. How do i fix it?
>>
>>20437226
Stop buying low quality chicken breasts made from chickens that are being fed low quality feed from places like Walmart that prioritize selling slop for the lowest price they can for the most profit possible.
>>
>>20437231
Walmart isn't even that cheap doebeit. It's literally just a retard trap.
>>
>>20437226
Does it tasty fishy right after being cooked, or is it leftovers?
>>
>>20437237
Right after being cooked.
>>
>>20437238
I've had eggs tasted fishy. It's from the chickens being fed fish or more omega 3. Not much you can do about it except buy a different brand next time.
>>
>>20437241
It was soaked in a brine for a few days and I cooked a few pieces from that individually and it tasted fine before.
>>
>>20437245
>and it tasted fine before.
Before meaning in the previous days? If so then the chicken is probably starting to spoil.
>>
>>20437226
Here's my long-shot answer: Are you cooking it in or with canola oil? You know how some people have that mutation that makes cilantro taste like soap? There's a less common thing that I have that makes canola oil taste like fish. Try switching to vegetable oil just to see if the fishy smell/taste goes away.
>>
File: tom chaplin.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>20437226
Is this you by any chance?
>>
>>20437453
I mean I did with the first few pieces but it was only after I cooked the rest in the oven that it tasted fishy.
>>
>>20437226
I had this problem with all of the Heritage Farms chicken from Kroger. Never had this problem with Tyson, but I see a lot of woody breast from Tyson so now I just stick with Costco chicken. I don't think I've ever had a single issue with any Costco chicken.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.