[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pmelt.png (701 KB, 500x588)
701 KB
701 KB PNG
Sup, /ck/! What is your favorite hamburger style/variation? For me, it's the patty melt. The buttery grilled rye bread, the caramelized onions, the melted swiss. It's a pretty big divergence from your classic american diner burger, but not any less tasty. In fact, I tend to think it's quite superior.
>>
>>20437168
1 You are an annoying pretentious faggot
2 That's not a hamburger
>>
>>20437168
>swiss on a burger with no caramelized onions and mushrooms
fuck off
>>
>>20437181
Either you don't understand words, or you do and you purposefully limit yourself from using them, to appeal "less pretentious" which is just as sad and contrived as someone who is actually pretentious. Also yes, it is a hamburger, it has a ground beef patty.

>>20437199
Patty melts do have grilled onions, sometimes they might even have mushrooms.
>>
>>20437168
Back in college, I would go get this Mushroom sauce burger from Hardees. Still my favourite burger.
But I usually like my burgers simple. Toasted, buttered buns. Lettuce. Salted, peppered patties. And bacon strips.
>>
>>20437199
You can get that at a number of places.
>>
>>20437258
EVERY thread we have to explain that Louis Lunch in New Haven Connecticut, which INVENTED hamburgers, and in fact the German city of Hamburg was NAMED after Louis Lunch, serves their SIGNATURE ORIGINAL HAMBURGER hamburger on sliced white bread toast. The "bun" is an abomination and btw if your state wasn't part of the Original 13 Colonies who fought the British then you aren't even really American, you're basically Mexican as far as we're concerned, so OPINION FUCKING DISCARDED flyover cunts.
>>
>>20437168
For cheap shit I like the double cheseburger x2 deal from the mcdonalds app. Comes out to $1.50 per burger so it's similar to the old dollar menu.
>>
>>20437168
Nothing beats a double double.
Based In-n-Out.
>>
>>20437696
No you have it wrong, the meal of lunch was named after Louis Lunch.
>>
>>20437168
Mayo and Ketchup, smeared on the bottom bun then smack the top bun on top before removing it, putting salad, patty on which I melt what ever cheese I have, usually gouda, masdam or provaletta, sprinkle some caramelized onions and eat.
>>
>>20437696
New Haven is a shithole.
>>
>>20437168
>medium-rare patty
>brioche bun (I know this one is controversial but I like it) with ketchup on one side and mayo on the other
>pretty much any kind of cheese, except (((American)))
>lettuce
>maters
>red onions
>pickles
>pickled jalapenos
>>
>>20437168
Oklahoma onion burger has been declared as the best hamburger in the world. You should definitely try one if you haven't.
>>
>>20437168
Why can't you make your own and post it?
Also rye bread is gross
>>
>>20437258
technically that's a sandwich
>>
>>20438612
All of Connecticut is so correct.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.