[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cups.jpg (48 KB, 588x626)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>glass stains easily and gets shattered from slightest touch or temp shock
>ceramics are covered in toxic mystery glaze from China
>plastic leeches plastic
>steel/aluminum/copper cups alter the taste of your drink
What the fuck are you actually supposed to drink your beverages from?
>>
File: _mrsnackmix-dbrrkfb.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>20437144
>don't be a clumsy retard
>don't buy mystery bowls from the thrift shop
>don't microwave plastic
>don't mix metal with acidic drinks
wa la!
>>
File: 1953671333.jpg (79 KB, 794x529)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>20437144
This
>>
potter here. the overwhelmingly vast majority of contemporary clay vessels are completely safe, even ones industrially made in china. no one is using lead or cobalt in glazes anymore. just get regular stoneware stuff and if you're really paranoid, avoid anything that looks kind of like it was painted on--like decals or leaf or whatever. but even that stuff is pretty much always safe, made out of inert underglazes. i really wouldn't worry about it. there's much more concern for chemicals in what you put on/in your dishwares than the wares themselves
>>
Mason jars can handle heat a bit better and there are small ones with handles. Just put some hot water from the tap in to raise the temperature of the glass then pour it out and add your drink just to be on the safe side. I use some nicely shaped old sauerkraut jars I got from Aldi to store homemade cranberry sauce and jam and half gallon jars for yogurt. The cranberry sauce, jam, and yogurt are all hot when I pour them in, especially the sauce and jam which are boiling hot, and the only time I had the glass break was when I forgot to put the hot water in the jar first.
>>
>>20437144
>Glass stains easily
N-no? What the fuck are you talking about, anon?
>Shatters at the slightest touch
Just don't drop it, a hard drop would dent up your metal cup and break your ceramic as well. Durability against drops is something that only plastic is effectively immune to.
>temp shock
Anon, be honest with me. What drinks are you consuming that would cause thermal shock? It has happened to me once, with a steaming hot cup out of the dishwasher that I added ice to, and has never happened to me since. I am sincerely curious as to what scenario besides that could cause thermal shock to be an active issue in drinkware.
>>
>>20437144
Gold, the most non-reactive metal.
Titanium, the most biocompatible metal, if you can't afford at least a gold lined cup.
Silicon.
>>
>>20437353
Are you married?
>>
>>20437380
>N-no? What the fuck are you talking about, anon?
She likely uses a dishwasher. Dishwasher detergent is abrasive and can etch glassware if you put it on the lower racks.
>>
Origami banana leaf cups? I used to make origami paper cups because the office I used to work in got rid of the cups by the dispenser for "muh environment" reasons.
>>
>>20437401
How did it not disintegrate in your hand?
>>
>>20437414
Paper is more resilient than you'd think, especially when folded over itself as in origami
>>
File: Emaill_Cup.jpg (28 KB, 500x500)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>20437144
Vitreous Enamel on Metal. Can't corrode, food-safe, can't break extremely tough.
They had this problem solved at least 300y ago.
>>
>>20437144
>What the fuck are you actually supposed to drink your beverages from?
You're supposed to just put your head under the soda fountain and press the fucking button. No vessel required.
>>
>>20437144
The skulls of your enemies.
>>
File: IMGP2020.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2048)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>20437390
um, yes. why?
>>
>>20437144
Buy a vintage Pyrex mug my man
>>
>>20437144
I used to drink Coke from a stainless steel cup because it stays really cold for long but once i left it in there a while it started to taste like cleaning products. Apparently Coke is a good stainless steel cleaner.
>>
>>20439356
Is it a happy marriage?
>>
>>20437144
>glass stains easily and gets shattered from slightest touch or temp shock
Tempered glasswear won't be so fragile. You almost have to drop it onto concrete to break it. Those duralex cups that some cafes use for coffee are good.
>>
>>20439356
Tell her not to cry.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.