[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I was talking with my friends and I said I wasn't a fan of Mexican food. I told them my favorites were Brazilian BBQ, hot pot, steak houses, tapas, french and Italian usually. I'm not super picky, but they thought it was crazy I wasn't into tacos, mole, or other barbacoa from Mexico.

Am I missing out? I've been to Mexico City and I've had alright Mexican food, just doesn't seem like the best food. Pic is kind of related, it's an image of the perfect food.
>>
Argentiina is probably the place to go for you then
>>
>>20434517
I've never been to Mexico but I live in LA so "Mexican" food is everywhere here. You literally can't walk down the street without passing a taco truck or stand. It's all really good, too. Tacos, burritos, tortas, you know, street food. Flavorful and spicy (if you're into that) and a little bit hard to eat because everything's overflowing with delicious fillings. I recommend it.
>>
>>20434530
It might be different for me, I live in Florida but I've been to Mexico City and Cozumel and I would say their food is good but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it. I like the price the best, it's really cheap.
>>
>>20434523
I like Argentinian foods, I just don't like when argentinians make pasta.
>>
>>20434517
>>20434523
>>20434530
>>20434550
>>20434556
So what are you guys making for Cinco De Mayo?
>>
>>20434517
There's also al pastor which is tasty.
But your friends are right. You are crazy.
>>
>>20435498
So what's for dinner?
>>
>>20434517
I spent a lot of time in and out of Mexico City over the decades. I think you probably dislike the spice levels. Breakfast can blow out your tastebuds in heat on average, making it too hot for an American palate.

Though I adore a fun fench tasting menu with a glorious half a dozen courses or more, especially with wine pairings, or any other fine dining, there's nothing I'd say negative about Mexican food. You can dine top 10 in the world in the DF, and have very high end experiences. There are lebanese and italian heritage all over the city, too. Soem freaky fusion pizza will have utterly delicious fresh cheese and mexican toppings to die for. Maybe some of the historic foods can be silly, like eating bugs, or dining on seafood in the middle of a desert city no where near a coastal view, ehh, but Mexican food is definitely world class.
>>
>>20434517
You're right. Mexican food sucks ass.

Americanized Mexican food is what's good.
>>
>>20435694
Shut the fuck up, you fucking cock-gargling retard.
>>
>>20435694
>>20435696
>>20435702
I SAID WHAT'S FOR DINNER!
>>
>>20435492
Im just gonna eat a jar of hellman's.
>>
>>20434517
>Brazilian BBQ
just another kind of mexican

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.