[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240410_131858.jpg (2.4 MB, 4032x1816)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
What's a good meat or vegetable to practice pan frying, deglazing and thickening pan sauce with? Something affordable I can keep practicing different sauces with.
>>
>>20433786
chicken thighs, mushrooms, oignon, pork chops all come to mind as decent options.
>>
onion
>>
>>20433786
I have something which needs deglazing. You can get to it then slave. I own you now. You'll be deglazing this cock for the rest of your life.
>>
>>20433880
Pajeet go back
>>
>>20433786
why you putting a pic of something that was baked then?
>>
>>20433790
>oignon
>>
>>20433936
>why are you putting a pic
ESL
>>
>>20433786
I say pork chops. They're pretty cheap and you can make a really good pan sauce with the fond they leave in the pan.
>>
>>20433786
>keep practicing different sauces with
Do it right and make the sauce in a separate pan and add the deglaced fond to the sauce afterwards.
>>
>>20433786
if you can get it relatively cheap, lamb.
you can fuck around with it without being too concerned about overcooking it
you can get a rack and try things chop by chop if you're really neurotic
>>
>>20433786
onions, garlic, and mushrooms are good to practice your timing and self-restraint to let things brown without burning but none of them will produce enough frond to be worth deglazing

also fuck around with wine and brandy. not enough people know how to use the latter
>>
>>20433936
there's no pudding in this image
>>
>>20433938
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1u6N7lueM
>>
>>20433786
Literally anything a thread died for this
>>
>>20433786
Look into ragouts. Especially sautés. It's always the same. Sauté the meat (usually white meats like veal, chicken or rarely pork, red meats are less common) in clarified butter, take it out, add more fat and sauté shallots and champignons or maybe other aromatics too, deglace with wine (usually white wine), add sauce espagnole or demi glace, put the meat back in and braise it for some time. Before serving add some spirit or fortified wine (usually cognac or madeira) and some herbs (parsley wrks with everything, chervil and tarragon are also common).

If you have no sauce espagnole/demi glace make a very rustic version before: Brown roux (150 g/l), tomato puree or even tomato paste, a ton of veal fond, a hint of thyme, bay leaf and bacon all reduced to 1/2 or 1/3.
>>
>>20434857
I was expecting a video of an anime girl saying oignon
>>
>>20433880
You're playing with fire, son. My sexual orientation is Predatory. If it has a heartbeat I WILL rape it.

>>20433936
Because the most recent pic I had was a rolled lamb shoulder my wife cooked for me.

>>20434819
How do you know it's correct not to make the sauce in the 1 pan after removing whatever was cooked?

>>20434967
That's a good idea, learning to clarify butter can also help me practice mother sauces.
>>
>>20435287
>How do you know it's correct not to make the sauce in the 1 pan after removing whatever was cooked?
Making a sauce in a hurry is never a good idea. Make it own it own so everything has enough time to cook and all the thickening agents espacially flour to loose its gluey and floury taste and feel. It's also much easier to adjust a perfect thickening.
>That's a good idea, learning to clarify butter can also help me practice mother sauces.
Mother sauces are idiot proofed. They only take a lot of time to make and are expensive. Especially the fonds you need.
>>
>>20434858
I hope it was a fast food thread or a wypipol doesn't season they food thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.