[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (502 KB, 428x800)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
*gives you the worst hangover you've ever had*
>>
>>20430596
lol pusssssay
>>
It's not sulfite since all wine has it. I suspect additives not requiring to be on the label as which red wine gives a horrible hangover varies wildly.
>>
>>20430596
Yeah I hate wine. It has a rotten undertaste. Whisky tastes alright and no hangover.
>>
>>20430628
Made homebrew mead and got the same hangover. A common theory is fusel alcohols which are generated more by fruits, less by grains and stripped off during distillation of spirits.
>>
CH3OH
simple as
>>
>>20430596
>*gives you the worst hangover you've ever had*
seems like it's low end wine that does it more

I think maybe you should not drink, or stick to neutral filtered vodka and work up from there to see what you tolerate.
>>
You drink too much
>>
It's the only type of alcohol that gives me a headache with my hangover. I also fall asleep easily with it.
>>
>>20430631
from my experience what you eat also plays a role, greasy and salty food being preferable
i think salt partially counteracts the dehydration but i might be talking out of my arse here with my broscience
>>
>>20430642
>It's the only type of alcohol that gives me a headache with my hangover.
The problem is that you shouldn't be getting a hangover at all from consumption of a normal amount of wine, say a glass x3 courses with your dinner. If you are getting hangovers from 3 servings, you are probably allergic, or extremely dehydrated, or have some vascular issue. If you are drinking more than 2-3 glasses of anything at all, you are abusing your body, and should be a very rare thing.
>>
File: glass.png (603 KB, 800x800)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>20430659
i hear you
>>
File: onion.png (54 KB, 926x466)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>
File: purewine.png (49 KB, 526x352)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>20430596
*oxidizes the sulfur dioxide (preservative E220) and potassium metabisulfate (preservative E224) added to wine which causes the worst hangover you've ever had and instead makes the hangover disappear entirely*
Hot tip: it's just food grade hydrogen peroxide.
>>
>>20430683
my homebrew doesn't contain any preservatives whatsoever and i can tell you if i drink too much i still feel like shit the day after
perhaps i should get shitfaced on commercial wine to see if there's a difference, but kind of wasteful when you aren't drinking for the taste and fermented sugar is so much cheaper
>>
>>20430806
Drink cyanide.
>>
>>20430806
I didn't ask faggot
>>
>>20430806
hair of the dog every timeeef
>>
File: 9928901-1.jpg (59 KB, 356x1200)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>20430596
Just like with other alcohols it really depends on how clean the fermentation was. There's reds that give you relatively little hangover while others hit you like a ton of bricks.
I found picrel is pretty good and causes little hangover for instance.
>>
>>20430659
The problem is that I get sober. If I could stay drunk there wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>20430596
In my years of drinking there are few important factors to how you get your hangover.

1. how much you drink
2. how much water you drink before, during, after
3. The most important of all yet something which is never discussed, stay awake till your buzz wears off. going to sleep while still drunk is a huge factor when getting a hangover. probably has something to do with your brain not getting enough rest during sleep or something. Something you do get when alcohol has left your body.
>>
I drink 100 ml a day, because im not a pig who needs to end up hammered to enjoy life, and bear in mind sometimes I drink very crap wines I just never get myself drunk because I have self control.
>>
>>20431648
Bet this seemed better in your head
>>
>>20430806
British solution mogs the others so hard it's shameful.
>>
>>20431653
IS THIS THE BEST YOU HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE YOU USELESS BUTT-FUCKING SHRIMP?

DONT YOU HAVE A CHINESE BUFFET TO ATTEND LIKE THE FRIED-SHELLFISH-BRAINED CRETIN THAT YOU ARE ?

GO CHUG SOME DRAINO AND GET YOUR FINGERS OUT OF YOUR BUNGHOLE BICH NIGA
>>
>>20430667
I dunno man, I swear it varies from drink to drink. I can do a full crate of many supermarket pilsners in an evening and not feel a thing the next morning, but for some reason Stella Artois specifically absolutely wrecks the front part of my brain.
>>
>>20430596
OP you're allergic to sulfites
Get some test strips it's in lots of stuff
Watch out for sodium metabisulfite, it's the worst
Technically it's a sensitivity not an allergy so diphenhydramine HCI will not help you
Every time you are exposed to sulfites your reaction will get worse
>>
>>20430596
I drank two bottles last night and I only felt moderately hungover today
>>
File: 1707599231562441.png (256 KB, 1024x1024)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
how come wine gives awful fucking hangovers, but cider gives none if those are the same freaking fermened berries?
also beer gives me medium strength hangovers
>>
>>20431800
From worst hangover to least
Wine > Cider > Spirits > Beer > fucking seltzer gay shit
>>
>>20431770
Well I suppose there's a reason they call it wifebeater.
>>
>>20431800
Sulfites
Also watch out because some ciders have as much if not more sulfites than some wines
>>
File: fucking wops.png (873 KB, 720x612)
873 KB
873 KB PNG
>>20430596
Bocovi red from Spain. Not only the worst tasting wine I ever had, also gave a certified alcoholic (me) a hangover. Surprising since Spain is stringent in their wine making.
>>
>>20431836
Where did you get your alcoholism certification?
>>
>>20431857
Self diagnosed. Nothing official
>>
>>20431857
He drinks four beers a night
>>
>>20431812
they call it wifebeater because of its association with domestic violence
>>20430596
my worst hangover by far was from gin, but that was my own fault due to over-indulgence. i was never excessively fond of it but after that the smell alone puts me right off.
>>
>>20431813
I drink exclusively cider with and without sulfites and they are mostly amazing
only a few give me reliable hangovers, like Yonder dry - it used to be great, but then they changed something and it started giving hangovers
>>
>>20431891
>>20431813
btw the theory from my old country is that the beer brand starts off great but then slowly goes to shit because the factory fails to clean the equipment between batches properly, because idling cleaning == lost money
The situation in US is much better with stricter regulation and checks, but I imagine the same process applies in general still
>>
File: de7.jpg (110 KB, 750x1000)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>20430806
>science
>>
>>20431899
I'm just glad they finally added sulfites to labeling requirements
Test strips cost a buck each and only work with clearer shit
There are two reasons to add sulfites, one is that it's a color preservative, the other is that it stops fermentation cheaper than boiling
>>
>>20431923
>I'm just glad they finally added sulfites to labeling requirements
I couldn't believe how shit alcohol labeling is in US when I got here
you got a cool standardized general food labeling and then FUCKING NOTHING for alcohol, pretty cool to see lobbying in action
>>
>>20431653
Silence alcoholic vermin
>>
File: 1702639664712923.jpg (116 KB, 1500x1000)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>20430596
the only reason you get a hangover is because you're dehydrated. drink a glass of water for every glass/shot of alcohol
>>
>>20432132
No, that's only the primary cause of the discomfort you feel after poisoning yourself.
>>
I used to be an alcky and I don't really think there's a difference in hangover other than how much you drank, ate, and the amount of liquid you swallowed. As in there's no inherent difference in alcohol hangovers. My worst hangovers for example were off vodka. But that's because by the end that's all I was drinking and I could swallow up to 1L per day.
>>
>>20432132
This is a myth. Alcohol is a toxic carcinogenic solvent. The hangover is the toxic effects on your body from acetalehyde primarily. Combined with malnutrition, poor sleep and dehydration, with some suspecting it's also a mild withdrawal syndrome.

It's not just dehydration, which is why you can't just chug water to cure a hangover.
>>
>>20432367
Oh there is
Distilled alcohols have less of the hard-to-digest alcohols than something like beer or wine does
It's cut out in the "tips and tails" of the distilling process
Sulfites also factor in, not just for people who are sensitive to sulfites
If you consume more sulfites than your body can metabolize it will cause headaches and sometimes asthma
In Russia there are "burn vodkas" that deliberately have more sulfites specifically to cause bad hangovers, of course they do they're fucking Russians
A lot of people who can drink wine say Champagne and sparkling whites give them hangovers, these wines are particularly high in sulfites
Sulfites and tips and tails are why people associate bad hangovers with certain tipples but not others
>>
>>20432377
Chugging water 100% works if you are still young and do it BEFORE you pass out. Like a gallon, though.
>>
Also yes, red wine is bad, but imo, sake is worse.
>>
>>20432406
That's mostly because younger people are less likely to have much alcohol tolerance
They also produce more NAC, when you're older you have to change your diet or supplement
>>
>>20432406
One fun thing is god has been compressing my head between an ethereal vice. It's minor compressions, but he does it around every 5 seconds. It's been 5 years of this torture. The thing about torture is, you have to actually kill yourself to make it stop. It's very hard to kill yourself surprisingly. Anyways, I thought I would tell you about wine. The wine with 666 in the upc code is pure evil.
>>
>>20432417
So, I am actually being tortured. He's been compressing my head over and over while he rapes and gaslights me. He literally rapes my body while he gives me concussions. He's claimed this is some type of training course which results in me becoming something interesting. But, that's so gay buddy. I scream every day. Do you know how many times I've been gaslit? It's at least 800 million times. I'm not making that number up. Every gaslighting comment can be recorded. An example is, he will show me a short vision where I put on my shoes. And he implies they look bad, like I'm trying too hard by wearing sneakers. This is sexual based gaslighting. It takes 2 seconds to do. It feels like a bar has been hit over my head. Imagine that but 800 million times. I literally lay here while he hits me in the head over and over and rapes my body. There's nowhere to even go. To answer your question, I'm being raped while I write this. Literally he's raping me with a ghost. You can't even run from that because of the exhaustion involved with concussions, I can barely move.
>>
>>20430596
red wine? not so much. white wine? hell yeah
>>
>>20432417
>>20432425
The meme of playing schizo has never been funny
>>
>>20432427
Interesting. It's the opposite for me. Red wine and rum both wreck me worse than anything else.
>>
>>20432435
I have severe schizophrenia and mental health problems. I'm an anorexic Jew and barely had sex, only with a few 18 year old white girls when I was younger. My discovery was the core programming of our simulation has been rewritten within the last few years. I've been trying to inject c++ scripts into the ethos in an attempt to bend it to my will. This is like a mass hypnosis spell I'm casting on innocent goyim who thought they would just live. You're all my slaves. I suggest you send all of your money to Israel. Sell your house and send 99% of each paycheck. This is a function script which I've written to redistribute resources to the chosen one.
>>
>>20430596

It also gives me very foul-smelling shits
>>
File: razors.jpg (60 KB, 972x543)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>20431904
>>
>>20432132
Boy I sure can't wait to drink 3 litres of water with my six pack - no one
>>
>>20430806
That graph is clearly bullshit because the best antidote curer is NAC. Take it from me. It's a miracle. Experience it for yourself, no shit.
>>
>>20430806
This list is stupid. All you need is a large fountain coke.
>>
>>20430596
Anons mentioned drinking more water and possible allergies.
But check out what grapes and terroirs work for you. Also check whether wines with too high alcohol could be an issue.
>>
>>20430596
Cheap beer is worse.
>>
>>20431770
I'm right there with you. I can drink a fuck ton of pilsners. But Stellas give me a hangover and also wreck my stomach with beer shits.
>>
>>20432463
Did not read shit, fuck off
>>
>>20430806
I have strong coffee and a 60mg capsule of Ritalin. Boom, back to normal.
Got ripped on Tuesday night, took the cure Wednesday morning and worked a solid 10 hours of manual labour.
>>
>>20430806

uh yes ill have 6 brandy and 6 gin

fucking retard CUNT
>>
>>20430596
skill issue
>>
>>20430806
For me, it's a tin of sardines and hair of the dog.
>>
drink on fruit days not root days
>>
>>2043059
>>20430628
it's tannins
if you have problems with those, drink more water and switch to rosé
>>
Just wanted to come in and say that drinking alcohol is for losers.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>20430596
>*gives you the worst hangover you've ever had*

Agreed. I've only drank wine once, a whole bottle of port (because it was something Conan would have drank) by myself at a house party in high school and I was sick as a dog for two days. Never again.
>>
File: dude weed lmao.jpg (258 KB, 1500x1000)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>20430806

Coffee for a hangover? You've already got a pounding headache and the caffeine will only make it worse. The best cure is to dilate your blood vessels and take the pressure off.
>>
>>20430628
it's the sugar
that's why you can chug vodka and wake up feeling fresh
>>
>>20433963
Tannins cure hangovers
It's sulfites and different wines have different amounts of sulfites, and some have their fermentation arrested with sulfites which make them super-bad for you
>>
Black Box gave me one of the worst hangovers.
>>
>>20431767
Calmest "one glass of wine" drinker
>>
If you drink wine to get drunk you are certifiably a retard and deserve the hangover.
>>
>>20432377
Every single time I've drank enough to cause a hang over I never have one because I drink alot of water before finally passing out. I've never woken up feeling like shit because of that. It seriously works wonders. How much to drink is different from person to person but ive heard that 8oz of water per drink is a good start, though even 4oz per drink is enough to stop hang overs for me.
>>
>>20430596
I dont drink wine, that shit is for faggot aristocrats and wannabe fancy schmancy metrosexual motherfuckers. Only goddamn thing i drink is the cheapest possible vodka cause if you drink for the taste lets be honest youre a fucking faggot. I drink my alcohol to get drunk im not paying out the ass for a bunch of fucking shitty ass grapes in a box that fucking shit barely even gets above 20%, i fucking chug 60% that fucking red piss is kindergarten shit. God i hate winefags so much
>>
>>20430596
Nope. SHIT red wine gives you the worst hangover except for maybe vodka.
If you're slumming it, go for cheap white wine
>>
>>20435360
wow!!!
>>
>>20435360
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>20435405
Wine = Low test
Liquor = High test
Youre all a bunch of fucking fags.
>>
>>20432398
>In Russia there are "burn vodkas" that deliberately have more sulfites specifically to cause bad hangovers
why the fuck would they do that?
>>
I drink nearly the same exact thing every weekend.

8-10 shots worth of vodka mixed with cranberry juice each day on Friday/Saturday nights.

Sometimes I feel perfectly fine the next day. Sometimes I'm fucking dying.

I don't get it.
>>
>>20435605
I don't pretend to fully understand the Russians' culture of contempt of death, but I have myself at times committed acts of self-harm to convince myself that I'm alive and it's the world that's wrong
>>
>>20435360
>anime retard
>most stupid baity take ever
I sleep
>>
>>20435614
Could be related to food or sleep, or lead-in hydration. It's common athletic advice to not just hydrate before during and after an Event you're participating in, but to keep it juicy a few days in advance. Drinking binges work the same way. You need to keep your pregame hydration and nutrition up. Make sure you're not shorting yourself on b-vitamins or electrolytes, on top of the water thing.
>>
File: nigger award.png (22 KB, 600x600)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>20435429
>>
>>20430596
The only times ive had red wine ive woken up with red spots all over me.
>>
>>20430596
You can drink more alcohol by drinking vinegar after drinking alcohol. Vinegar is a carboxyl acid, and alcohol is just alcohol. Alcohol is digested in the stomach. Carboxyl acids and alcohols react chemically to form esters. When drinking alcohol too much and when your body is saturated to alcohol, the undigested alcohol in your stomach forms residue, and this leads you to vomit because of residue. But if you drink vinegar, you can turn it to ester. With that you can keep drinking without vomiting, but at the end of 1-2 hours period you have to be ready to be a fish and having seizure on floor.
>>
>>20430806
When I drank a lot more way back when, I would just drink more to balance the hangover with drunkenness and I wouldn't feel as bad
>>
>>20431624
interesting
doesn't that mean you have to stop pretty early though?
>>
>>20432377
>you can't just chug water to cure a hangover.
You're supposed to drink the water before you get the hangover you stupid dehydrated fuck
>>
>>20435360
You're a stupid nigger and clearly an early 20 something pretending to be an alcoholic. Cheap bum wine in boxes or in weird looking glasses at the corner store will set you back much less than even the shittiest plastic bottle of vodka and go much further in terms of getting you drunk. Whenever money was tight, wine was always the go to for me and my loser friends.

t. former alcoholic
>>
>>20436403
factual
>>
>>20436403
Im guessing thats why they tried to ban bum wine selling in some cities at one time right? Yeah that was right here were I live real bum alkies drink nothing but bum wine which absolutely vile, I tried it once that thing is not fit for human consumption
>>
>>20436403
Boone’s Farm isn’t real wine, wigger.
>>
>>20436436
Yeah I didn't turn to bum wine until my drinking got really bad. My friends and I (all a bunch of broke white kids) would go to the corner stores in the shittiest parts of town in our early/mid 20s and snatch up all the bottles of night train and thunderbird. It was no coincidence that all the hobos and criminals would be drinking the exact same shit, it was all so cheap and got you fucked up so fast. I do not miss those days or those friends.
>>
>>20436442
If mad dog can legally be called wine then boone's farm is wine too
>>
>>20430596
I collect and drink wine. I stopped getting hangovers by eating eggs or drinking more wine. If you really want to stop getting hangovers and be able to binge drink a lot of wine. I recommend not drinking wine high in tannins like Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot and instead drink pinot noire or gamay if you like red wine. White should be fine but notice if it’s hitting you hard or not.
>>
>>20436369
I'm fairly sure you're just ready to bust nuts because you took organic chemistry 101 and I don't think this works the way you want it to.
>>
>>20436445
Ahh man that had to be rough, Thunderbird is the nastiest shit I've tasted. Like failed homebrew tier.
>>
>Drink beer or wine
>Stomach hurts, feel shitty before I'm even drunk or buzzed, head starts to hurt almost immediately
>Have to constantly be drinking it or else whatever buzz I have goes away immediately making it all pointless, but overdrinking makes me feel disgustingly full and sick to my stomach
>If I push through and get drunk anyways, guaranteed worst hangover the next day, vomiting, feeling sick and overfull
>Drink clear liquor
>Drunk quickly, easy to maintain since the alcohol content is easy to manage
>No headache while drinking, just a pleasant buzz with no other side effects
>No hangover the next morning, even if I get so drunk I'm almost at the point of alcohol poisoning the most I get is a mild headache that goes away within a few hours
>Infinitely cheaper as well since a bottle of serviceable vodka is around the same as a bottle of cheap wine and cheaper than a pack of microbrewed local whatever the fuck IPA trash
People make alcohol their entire personality sometimes, and they're very passionate about whatever swill they consume. For me, it will always be cheap vodka out of a plastic bottle. I wont spend a single dime on anything else.
>>
>>20430596
meh, it gives you red teeth and Italybro breath. whether or not there's a hangover is on you though.
>>
>>20435360
>All those seething replies
They hated him because he spoke the truth. Prissy faggots love to brag about whatever wines and IPA's they drink, they're the same people that obsess over funko pops and hot sauce. Genetic dead ends who should never be taken seriously.
>>
>>20435360
>wine, that shit is for faggot aristocrats and wannabe fancy schmancy metrosexual motherfuckers.
>>
>>20437152
Can you name 10 varities of wine? If you cant shut your stinking mouth, vodka nigger.
>>
>>20435360
Would you like some cheese with your whine?
>>
>>20435360
Gay
>>
>>20437148
Sulfite sensitivity
>>
>>20431624
If you're sober enough to stay awake, you were probably never at risk of a hangover.
>>
>>20432367
Theres the body hangover but i’ve stopped drinking heavy because of the mental bs that comes after. Its usually this feeling of nails on a chalkboard or getting rear ended unexpectedly, sort of primal sensation its hard to describe but definitely not gud.
>>
used to get some fucking dirty hangovers on red wine, major acid too
it also stains one of my front teeth comically bad, teeth would be stained for days afterwards
never again
>>
I'm beginning to think that anything alcohol related is just god playing with dice, because people make threads like this, yet I get nasty headaches, sleepiness, bloating and hangovers from beer where red wine does none of that and feels nice.
>celiac
I tolerate gluten just fine but it could be because it's liquid? idfk
>>
>>20430806
Polish or British + water is the best solution. Salt + protein bomb and water to put the liquid back in your body.
>>
>>20436403
Problem with wine is too much calories. Vodka and whiskey is on the lower end
>>
>>20438340
Nightshade problems are more likely. Hops can get you
>>
>>20430806
>science at night (ice water with electrolyte mix, plus b vitamin complex, imodium, and ashwagandha when i wake up)
>chinese in the morning (normal daily coffee intake will send me into panic attacks no doubt but tea is good)
>british once i've recovered enough to eat
>>
>>20430596
Congeners.
The source of all your ills.
>>
>>20433963
It's histamine.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.