[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240423_232352.jpg (1.05 MB, 3489x2186)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
The pre-midnight snack. Cheesy garlic bread with butter, cheddar, parmesan, and herbs. Keep it or need it?
>>
Looks good. Not sure I'd call it a snack and I'm not gay enough to use such a faggoty question. So fuck off.
>>
>>20430402
how did you make it? yes i'm a cooking noob
>>
>>20430409
I don't have any specific recipes for this one since I kind of made it up, but the summary is that I made a pizza dough, melted some butter, added crushed garlic and herbs, then spread it out onto the flattened dough (it was rectangle shaped). Shredded the cheese on top, sprinkled a little extra herbs, and then put it in the oven at 450 degrees for around 18 minutes and let it rest for a short while. I personally think I overcooked it a little since I like a softer bite, but it's good if you like crunchy cheese. From what I understand, the general idea is to just leave it in the oven until you can see the cheese starting to turn darker
>>
>>20430416
thanks i'll try it out sometime. sounds not too hard and looks tasty
>>
>>20430436
It was pretty good. If you want some ideas to play around with, I heated the water up to tea temperatures and steeped herbs into it to get that herby flavor into the water before letting it cool down and then adding the yeast to it. I also dissolved honey into it while it was hot instead of using regular sugar since I think it makes the dough get browner. Once you dump it into the flour, the dough will have all the little herbs mixed into it. Honestly, I can't say that it makes a big difference compared to just using clean water, but I like the idea of it
>>
>>20430402
Snack bros we eatin good, this is the kind of thing where I keep going back for a couple more and end up finishing all of it.
>>
>>20430402
>The pre-midnight snack
How fat are you?
>>
>>20430402
No nachos in this thread? You fags are nothing but wankers!
>>
>>20430816
'bout tree fiddy
I have enough folds to fit some twinkies and devil dogs.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.