[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 71KBRYCYuLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (132 KB, 1010x880)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Exactly how dangerous are nonstick cookware?
>>
depends of your IQ
>>
I guess if you were in a life or death situation where you needed something to stick onto your pan it could be dangerous, otherwise you're probably safe
>>
I buy nonstick cookware so I don't have to use oil or fat to fry my food.
I also voted for Barack Obama and Joe Biden, and I still wear a mask, so take that however you want.
>>
>>20429708
pathetic falseflagging chud
>>
>>20429658
Not dangerous in the slightest. Making them is where they (PTFE manufacturers) screw the pooch. The stuff used to make Teflon are some of the most toxic and environmentally persistent chemicals known to mankind, also know as "forever chemicals" (Reddit trannies loves to throw this term around without knowing jack shit of what they're talking about). But once the polymer is made, it's essentially inert, meaning it won't interact with anything including you unless you break it down under extreme heat.
>inb4: DuPont shill
>>
>>20429708
Hell yeah, me and the other guys at the jobsite were talking the other day and Biden's doing a pretty decent job. I think we're all Riding With Biden
>>
>>20429733
>The stuff used to make Teflon are some of the most toxic and environmentally persistent chemicals known to mankind, also know as "forever chemicals" (Reddit trannies loves to throw this term around without knowing jack shit of what they're talking about).
And yet you are unironically doing the same thing as those "Reddit trannies"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1hbV3EzOD4
>>
File: 98536788876.jpg (53 KB, 573x574)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
i use a nonstick pan, but i use lots of oil on it anyways. it just feels wrong to not use any oil
>>
>>20429739
I worked in the industry kid, you want to quiz me, go right ahead. But you won't, cause again, you reddit trannies don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You just gonna regurgitate the same shit you found on that first page of google when you type "is teflon DaNGErOuS"
>>
>>20429658
Sigma reddit schizo chud here. This is a 2 part answer, requiring me to deploy the spacing of my people.

First, it's dangerous because "nonstick" (or "ceramic" as the New York types say) is Teflon or a Teflon analogue, developed by Dupont to turn you and your hypothetical children (lol) into gay retards. (Need proof? Check your parents' cupboard, then look in the mirror.)

Second, it's dangerous because it weakens you by allowing you to avoid actually THINKING about what you are doing and LEARNING about temperature control, cooking fats and their smoke points, and how to properly maintain a durable iron/steel object that will outlive you even if you happen to touch it with a metal spatula (SHOCK HORROR). Nonstickfags are the same people who use propane grills, they're larpers who might as well be microwaving hot pockets.

So it's time to NUT UP OR SHUT UP, OP, and be sure to share progress pics and vid clips of your Iron/Steel Seasoning Journey, we never get tired of seeing cooking utensils doing anything except cooking food.
>>
>>20429754
Ok smart guy, is teflon under or over?
>>
>>20429760
Teflon is a lining, it's applied the same way you would with spray paint, so over.
>>
>>20429766
that's not what i was talking about retard. you obviously don't work in the industry
>>
File: 1704844995512969.gif (377 KB, 647x1031)
377 KB
377 KB GIF
why are there so many schizos on this board?
>>
File: r02lFTy.png (229 KB, 720x730)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>20429769
You're right, I don't anymore. My job was to make bushings and O-rings. But please, what did you mean? Enlighten me senpai...
>>
>>20429772
I really do be hating redditors and Jews though.
>>
>>20429772
/ck/ is legit one of the top 5 dumbest boards. i think so many flock here because it requires 0 investment to know anything about the board topic. everyone has to eat.
>>
>>20429658
It's harmless, all it does is sit there.What'd you expect it to do?
The only remotely feasible way it can hurt you is if you cook with it.
>>
>>20429782
you would know what over and under mean if you worked in the industry lmao
>>
>>20429797
>>20429782
>>20429766
>>20429754
>>20429733
>TEFLON IS NOT DANGEROUS IT'S TOTALLY SAFE PTFE IS 100% SAFE CHEMICAL YOU SHOULD COOK AND BATHE IN IT CHILDRENS LOVE TO PLAY WITH TEFLON VERY SAFE
>>
>>20429798
I know what it means, but I don't have time to explain. I have more important things to do.
>>
>>20429804
You have the reading comprehension of a fucking pebble.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.