[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713911090991.jpg (48 KB, 520x421)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
How do I get oven baked chicken breast to not smell like wet dog? I only notice it when I reheat it in the microwave, which I do a lot since I meal prep chicken. Still taste good but the juices left on the plate always reek of wet dog
>>
>>20429149
>he doesn't enjoy the dogginess of chicken
>>
File: 1713911500413.jpg (7 KB, 220x221)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>20429165
I think I'm just gonna have to season my chicken like a black person. I guess they were right about whites not seasoning chicken enough
>>
>>20429149
>I meal prep
psychopathic behavior.
>microwave
low iq behavior.
>>
>>20429184
Not all of us are troons pretending to be a housewife. Some of us need to eat quick and get on with their day
>>
>>20429149
>only notice it when I reheat it in the microwave,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warmed-over_flavor

Not a lot you can do. I find it to be the worst with microwaved chicken. Either reheat it in the pan or oven, or eat it cold. Adding lemon or vinegar can help neutralize it a bit. Brining it before cooking might help.
>>
>>20429193
Thanks for the tip. I'll try the vinegar or lemon trick and if that doesn't work I guess I'll have to heat it up in a pan. I never notice this with other meats, just chicken
>>
>>20429149
8 years ago i switched to thighs and never looked back
>>
>>20429218
I notice it in other meats, but it's mild. It's worst with poultry for some reason. Never had an issue with ham but turkey lunchmeat was sometimes borderline inedible even when fresh because that taste was so strong.
>>
>>20429149
Do you remember to wash your chicken?
>>
I sous vide my meal prep chicken breast. I can individually season/package them, cook them all at the same time, cook them literally perfect every single time, and then they store in the fridge even longer since they're vacuum sealed. I will never do it another way again. Imagine chicken breast that's still juicy even after nuking it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.